Login

russian armor

Matchmaking Hates Players Who Switch Factions

6 Oct 2014, 16:17 PM

I have probably played 400 hours as allies and I just recently switched to axis. Unfortunately it seems like the game thinks my skill level is the same with both factions and I keep getting matched against players who are way better than me. This past weekend I got matched against SturmTigerGiaA who is #3 as USF. I am ranked like #5000 as Ostheer. This stuff has happened a few times now and this does not make sense.

It is hard to get better as Ostheer when I keep getting destroyed and frustrated.
6 Oct 2014, 16:21 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

No, it does not match you that way. But if it's still your first ten games it will match you vs ANYBODY while it still try to place your proper rank.
13 Oct 2014, 00:16 AM

Sorry Romeo but it's not true.

If it would be, the 4x4 random games win rate for all player would be 50% !!!

As for other games I do play ...

No matter if you are good or bad player, playing a team or not !!!

I have spent last few days playing dozens of hours as soviets mostly random 4x4.

I have no time to deliver all crazy details I saw on the players list.

What's more I'm sure MM do not take the fact, that sides do or do not play as a team, to the account ...
13 Oct 2014, 12:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2014, 00:16 AMQmaPL
Sorry Romeo but it's not true.

If it would be, the 4x4 random games win rate for all player would be 50% !!!

As for other games I do play ...

No matter if you are good or bad player, playing a team or not !!!

I have spent last few days playing dozens of hours as soviets mostly random 4x4.

I have no time to deliver all crazy details I saw on the players list.

What's more I'm sure MM do not take the fact, that sides do or do not play as a team, to the account ...

Sorry QmaPL but it is true. Romeo is right.
If it happens after the first 10 games, it means that there are no other players near your rank (it means that there are not many players online)and the game matches you with anybody so can play a game.
13 Oct 2014, 12:47 PM

Sorry QmaPL but it is true. Romeo is right.
If it happens after the first 10 games, it means that there are no other players near your rank (it means that there are not many players online)and the game matches you with anybody so can play a game.

Either this or the high ranked player has been searching for 30 minutes and finally the ELO range has expanded enough to find the rank 5000 player. Which I guess is practically the same thing.
13 Oct 2014, 13:11 PM

To confirm what others are saying: you have ELO tracked seperately for each faction in each game size. Your Ostheer ranking (for example) has no bearing on how you are matchmade as Soviets.

Strange situations can happen, especially with long queue times for top players (since the system becomes more tolerant as time goes on), but these are reflective of the fact that CoH2 has a pretty small player base. Its not an ELO problem.
13 Oct 2014, 13:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Oct 2014, 16:21 PMRomeo
No, it does not match you that way. But if it's still your first ten games it will match you vs ANYBODY while it still try to place your proper rank.

13 Oct 2014, 13:23 PM

Permanently Banned
People not understanding how provisionals work :facepalm:
13 Oct 2014, 14:51 PM

To confirm what others are saying: you have ELO tracked seperately for each faction in each game size. Your Ostheer ranking (for example) has no bearing on how you are matchmade as Soviets.

Actually even more.

For random team (aka 'solo queue' or RT): (1v1/2v2/3v3/4v4)x(Sov/USF/Ost/OKW)
For arranged team (aka 'multi queue' or AT): (2v2/3v3/4v4)x(Allied/Axis)

I am not entirely sure how it works if you queue with 2 people, but play 3v3. It's neither a full arranged team, nor a full random team. Having it in the 2v2 AT stats with your mate is as weird as having it as a RT. So it might create a 3v3 AT for you, but this would mean pretty much each game is a seeding game. Same way if you queue with 3 but play 4v4.

So there are at least 16 RT ELO values plus up to 2 (each side) for every arranged team.

For any unset ELO the first 10 games define your initial value. In order to do so you can be matched against any opponent.
14 Oct 2014, 14:07 PM

Yeah I would be interested in knowing how the matchmaking makes it's calculations, placement matches or not, I have barely 200 hours in this game, and though Im not new to relic RTSs (but Im new to the CoH franchise) my random mates 2v2 ranks are abit ridicolous for just 10 games played.

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198015813761

It's also quite frustrating to be a new player (talking with like 10 hours in) and face top 20 players in all game modes.
14 Oct 2014, 16:26 PM

People not understanding how provisionals work :facepalm:

You mean provisional right? Adding an "s" on the end changes the meaning kappa.

People trying to use big words. :facepalm:
16 Oct 2014, 02:52 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Actually even more.

For random team (aka 'solo queue' or RT): (1v1/2v2/3v3/4v4)x(Sov/USF/Ost/OKW)
For arranged team (aka 'multi queue' or AT): (2v2/3v3/4v4)x(Allied/Axis)

I am not entirely sure how it works if you queue with 2 people, but play 3v3. It's neither a full arranged team, nor a full random team. Having it in the 2v2 AT stats with your mate is as weird as having it as a RT. So it might create a 3v3 AT for you, but this would mean pretty much each game is a seeding game. Same way if you queue with 3 but play 4v4.

So there are at least 16 RT ELO values plus up to 2 (each side) for every arranged team.

For any unset ELO the first 10 games define your initial value. In order to do so you can be matched against any opponent.

I think i test it quite some time ago. If you look for a 3v3+ with a partner, it will count towards your 2v2 AT.
16 Oct 2014, 10:05 AM

So few allies players so you can play against anybody even after 10 games....
16 Oct 2014, 14:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2014, 10:05 AMrafiki
So few allies players so you can play against anybody even after 10 games....

I was looking just yesterday for games as USF on random 2v2 and it was around 50% - 50% everytime. Just for the record.
20 Oct 2014, 17:48 PM

I have just wasted few € for WFA upgrade this weekend and started my US Army experience. As a total novice for this fraction for sure.

What I can say is I totally AGREE with first post here.

Match Destructor is a fail ....
20 Oct 2014, 18:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2014, 17:48 PMQmaPL
I have just wasted few € for WFA upgrade this weekend and started my US Army experience. As a total novice for this fraction for sure.

What I can say is I totally AGREE with first post here.

Match Destructor is a fail ....

Go google placement matches and what they are.
20 Oct 2014, 18:53 PM

And you think it's ok, for me it's NOT. It's fail...

It seems to me someone in Relic thinks he is a god of match making. The problem is product manager likes him so he is not fired ...

If I would be I would change that guy to someone more $ making :)

BTW I have played few hundreds of games, more or less, I think statistics is obvious for me as a player. What's more the same problem is for Soviets I played HOURS.

No one will force me to agree with current Match Destructor system.
20 Oct 2014, 18:59 PM

Yes, I find it OK that matchmaker matches you against players of all skill levels for the placement games for each faction separately, so it can determine your own skill within the given faction and put you against opponents as equal to you as possible. For some reason, I indeed see nothing wrong with it. -_-
20 Oct 2014, 19:29 PM

But your sentence is wrong .. it would be ok if it worked - but is not.
In other words idea is ok but final result is poor.

f.e. I'm 1000% sure it does not take the teams into account.

Edit:

Do you KNOW the algorithm ?? If not all other imaginations are just marketing.
20 Oct 2014, 19:34 PM

Each team, each army, each game mode got a separate ELO ranking.

If you want to know the algorithm, google yourself ELO.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 39
unknown 19
Germany 851
Germany 37

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %