Login

russian armor

Sudden Strike series

6 Oct 2014, 09:42 AM

Anyone still have fond memories of playing this series? I used to play SS2 a lot and boy it was fun alright.

I remember playing Easy diffculty(I was pretty trash in strategy games then) in the Japanese campaign and sinking an American ship with AT gun and massive Rifle blob.
6 Oct 2014, 10:01 AM

Loved that series. I was always careful playing. By careful I mean I crept up slowly with a sniper and as soon as I saw an enemy I bombed it to dust with artillery. Crept up to the next target and fired away again. Ran out of muni a couple of times though. I think I got more panic loosing a munitruck than 5 tanks.

No wonder my favorit unit in CoH2 is the B-4.
6 Oct 2014, 10:16 AM

Loved that series. I was always careful playing. By careful I mean I crept up slowly with a sniper and as soon as I saw an enemy I bombed it to dust with artillery. Crept up to the next target and fired away again. Ran out of muni a couple of times though. I think I got more panic loosing a munitruck than 5 tanks.

No wonder my favorit unit in CoH2 is the B-4.
Lol you're seriously careful there. I remember putting all my Generals and Officers in one house (Japanese campaign) and left them there cause to lazy to watch over them. Came back after a while and found that all of them were dead. I just lost all my officers in one go.

Also remember a mistake I made in an American mission where I paradroppped mortar teams and bazooka soldiers into a howitzer battery. All hell broke loose there.
6 Oct 2014, 10:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Oct 2014, 10:16 AMsteel
Lol you're seriously careful there. I remember putting all my Generals and Officers in one house (Japanese campaign) and left them there cause to lazy to watch over them. Came back after a while and found that all of them were dead. I just lost all my officers in one go.

Also remember a mistake I made in an American mission where I paradroppped mortar teams and bazooka soldiers into a howitzer battery. All hell broke loose there.

Good times, good times. I got careful after playing several games where I lost my entire army in seconds just thanks to some silly mistake.
6 Oct 2014, 11:47 AM

Just what happened to the series though? I don't hear about any Sudden Strike games anymore after SS3.
6 Oct 2014, 12:24 PM

I think it was concluded with sudden strike last stand (fourth game) back in 2010. The devs are still in business but no news for years
6 Oct 2014, 14:51 PM

Maybe they have a huge plan to make the next SS when we're all old men.:mellow:
7 Oct 2014, 07:18 AM

Sudden Strike 2 with Real Warfare mod, oh the epicness <444>3. Multiplayer was insanely fun although getting it to work was a bit of pain. I miss this game so much :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYP8KuQEvZs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3RbUgA5Lqw
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight