Login

russian armor

My problem with OKW and USF

11 Oct 2014, 21:25 PM

bazookas NEVER hit anything. its a huge mistake to buy them as they are now because not only do they not hit, your giving up your squad's firepower to lug the things around.. and they dont hit anyway. even in scenarios where ive let my riflemen squad get off 2 sets of bazooka volleys i tend to miss completely on both volleys.

even if the bazookas were to hit, at grenades are on average more cost effective (especially if you add in the value of manpower saved for the rifles that didnt die because of your reduced firepower, and the fuel saved that could go towards a sherman or jackson). Your riflemen will need to go in to a LOT of tank battles before the bazookas start paying off.

Its much better to just get a tank or an at gun, something that wont miss >75% of the time so you can work with a reliable strategy.
11 Oct 2014, 21:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2014, 23:30 PMSeeker

I believe it is because they are horrible without schrecks, they kind of need them to get vet fast.

From vet1 onwards they perform better then conscripts.

Explain this.
11 Oct 2014, 22:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2014, 21:34 PMKatitof

From vet1 onwards they perform better then conscripts.

Explain this.

Last time i checked volks dont have access to molotovs oorah or at nades.
12 Oct 2014, 00:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2014, 22:28 PMJaigen

Last time i checked volks dont have access to molotovs oorah or at nades.

Yeah, just better nades, panzershreks and vet 5.
12 Oct 2014, 08:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2014, 00:07 AMEnkidu

Yeah, just better nades, panzershreks and vet 5.

Better nades is dependant on skill. if somebody is not paying attention the potato smasher is indeed batter but on my level most people will dodge it. it makes molotov just way better for denying your opponent cover. shrek and at nades are about equal in utility. and ffs people stop saying vet 4 and 5 because even for volks its fairly hard to reach that rank in 1 vs 1 let alone other units.
12 Oct 2014, 15:38 PM

Schrecks are justt 1000 times better than AT Nade. WOuld you mind if conscripts got Schrecks and VOlks getting AT Nades instead? I would like to also point out that molotov has the second(?) slowest animation in the game.
12 Oct 2014, 17:36 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2014, 08:35 AMJaigen

Better nades is dependant on skill.

and RNG
12 Oct 2014, 18:26 PM

people stop saying vet 4 and 5 because even for volks its fairly hard to reach that rank in 1 vs 1 let alone other units.

I disagree.

It's very easy to get vet 5 with volks due to their cheap price and the damage done with the panzerschreks.
12 Oct 2014, 18:31 PM

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound bitter but cons suck right now at any point past like the 5 minute mark and it just kind of bugs me when people say or imply that volks are worse. Volks scale pretty darn well and cons don't.
12 Oct 2014, 18:37 PM

Permanently Banned

Better nades is dependant on skill. if somebody is not paying attention the potato smasher is indeed batter but on my level most people will dodge it. it makes molotov just way better for denying your opponent cover. shrek and at nades are about equal in utility. and ffs people stop saying vet 4 and 5 because even for volks its fairly hard to reach that rank in 1 vs 1 let alone other units.

Wrong.

AT weapons give ALL infantry nasty vet. I once put double zooks on a rear echelon squad. the fired both zooks at stug E. instant vet 3

I had volks kill an EZ8 sherman. they went from vet 3 to vet 5
13 Oct 2014, 00:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2014, 23:30 PMSeeker

I believe it is because they are horrible without schrecks, they kind of need them to get vet fast.

Meh, they still get a good grenade, and their DPS is not much lower than conscript's while they are vastly more durable. Shrecks also allow them to vet very easily, while vet 3 conscripts are a rarity unless they got PPShs.

Plus, it's not like OKW lacks for powerful non-doctrinal infantry. Soviets only have Penals, and they need to forgo Maxims and AT guns to get em.
13 Oct 2014, 00:31 AM

Meh, they still get a good grenade, and their DPS is not much lower than conscript's while they are vastly more durable. Shrecks also allow them to vet very easily, while vet 3 conscripts are a rarity unless they got PPShs.

Plus, it's not like OKW lacks for powerful non-doctrinal infantry. Soviets only have Penals, and they need to forgo Maxims and AT guns to get em.

how about m3(kubels counter) and sniper (strmpios counter) in begining?
13 Oct 2014, 00:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2014, 18:31 PMEnkidu
Sorry, I didn't mean to sound bitter but cons suck right now at any point past like the 5 minute mark and it just kind of bugs me when people say or imply that volks are worse. Volks scale pretty darn well and cons don't.

u shouldnt compare cons vs volks, soviets starting=combined army(maxim mortar m3 sniper zis......)but okw doesnt have these units to rush.main usefull unit in starting vs soviet just volks(kubel weak vs maxim or m3) sturmpio(weak vs maxim or sniper) if volks become weaker then soviet will eat okw easily.
18 Oct 2014, 23:53 PM

50.Cal needs to be in the first building for USF. That would solve alota things.
19 Oct 2014, 02:02 AM

50.Cal needs to be in the first building for USF. That would solve alota things.
I like but what do you put at Tier 2?
19 Oct 2014, 15:36 PM

USF is blobby not because you build a bunch of rifles, it's that to tech, you have to build MORE infantry squads.

You build your infantry force, then you have a bunch of other infantry squads that are REQUIRED to field more advanced units. Only the LT comes out early enough to potentially replace a rifleman squad. The early game necessitates using manpower effectively, and the USF is good at this.

It's as USF enters the midgame that they are forced to keep churning out infantry to get any sort of tech. That's when they're left with this unwieldly blob.
19 Oct 2014, 18:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2014, 00:45 AMSoheil

u shouldnt compare cons vs volks, soviets starting=combined army(maxim mortar m3 sniper zis......)but okw doesnt have these units to rush.main usefull unit in starting vs soviet just volks(kubel weak vs maxim or m3) sturmpio(weak vs maxim or sniper) if volks become weaker then soviet will eat okw easily.

okw has the only t1 at unit which gets very good with vet and is perfect aghainst m3s and the like as for snipers they can be suppressed by kubeljesus or flanked and cut to pieces by sturmpios
20 Oct 2014, 00:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2014, 18:53 PMkafrion

okw has the only t1 at unit which gets very good with vet and is perfect aghainst m3s and the like as for snipers they can be suppressed by kubeljesus or flanked and cut to pieces by sturmpios

i meant in begining okw doesnt have vet infantry and strmpio with that cost of rnforce dont have any advantage to rush vs m3sniper......just def or lay mine if u be lucky(i meant starting)
20 Oct 2014, 02:41 AM

USF is blobby not because you build a bunch of rifles, it's that to tech, you have to build MORE infantry squads.

You build your infantry force, then you have a bunch of other infantry squads that are REQUIRED to field more advanced units. Only the LT comes out early enough to potentially replace a rifleman squad. The early game necessitates using manpower effectively, and the USF is good at this.

It's as USF enters the midgame that they are forced to keep churning out infantry to get any sort of tech. That's when they're left with this unwieldly blob.
You know just because you have a lot of infantry doesn't mean you have to blob. I usually keep all my infantry in atleast 2 seperate groups at all times so they all can't get suppressed at once.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 8
Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment