Login

russian armor

Ardennes Assault - features into MP?

2 Oct 2014, 16:07 PM
Patrion 14

Hi,

I've read a few things about the new DLC / campaign but does anyone know if it will coincide with any new MP content like units and such?

If you know any rumours, gossip, facts etc please share. SP hate / 1 v 1 Master Race comments not especially welcome. Kappa.

BfW
2 Oct 2014, 16:09 PM

It most likely will be a major balance patch with a couple of western armies commanders.

#1v1masterrace
2 Oct 2014, 16:15 PM

some maps probably, maybe (un)balance patch, some commanders for sure, all for $$$
2 Oct 2014, 16:21 PM
Benefactor 115

the only thing effecting multi player to do with AA is less developer time being focused on multi player until AA is out.
Hux
2 Oct 2014, 16:40 PM
Patrion 14

Are we paying for this new campaign or what?

I bought both factions separately (after both the OKW codes I got at Rezzed were already in use... thanks for that..) and so I paid as much for those two mp items as I did for vanilla Coh2. That is of course sans singleplayer campaign so I'm wondering, do I also have to buy this campaign?

As far as AA content reaching multiplayer all I can hope for is some new maps that clearly have OKW's wonky design in consideration when being made.
2 Oct 2014, 16:44 PM

Nothing has been confirmed by Relic.

I suspect into terms of for MP, all that will come out of AA is a bunch of new commanders.

New commanders probably, they have always put out new multiplayer commanders when singleplayer content is released.

I really hope it won't bring any new multiplayer content. Otherwise if the current problems will be solved, the new content will bring new problems to be fixed after 1-2 months. This cycle has been repeating itself since the beginning more or less.
2 Oct 2014, 16:50 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

They mentioned some mysterious "requisition points" thing that will be in the campaign. My theory is that it will be their own kind of currency for buy commanders like riot points for league of legends. They said they are going to do some new solution for war spoils different from how it works now so I think that will tie into it somehow too. So indirectly maybe playing single player can have you some multiplayer benefits.

That's all just speculation though, who knows.
2 Oct 2014, 16:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2014, 16:40 PMHux
Are we paying for this new campaign or what?

I bought both factions separately (after both the OKW codes I got at Rezzed were already in use... thanks for that..) and so I paid as much for those two mp items as I did for vanilla Coh2. That is of course sans singleplayer campaign so I'm wondering, do I also have to buy this campaign?

As far as AA content reaching multiplayer all I can hope for is some new maps that clearly have OKW's wonky design in consideration when being made.

It's new content, so of course you'll have to pay for the campaign.

As for what's coming for MP from this, I would imagine a balance patch to coincide with new commanders that will have any new units from the campaign. There was a pic floating around of the Hetzer being in a new commander for example.
2 Oct 2014, 17:04 PM
Donator 11

When this AA will release?
2 Oct 2014, 17:06 PM
Donator 11

November sometime
2 Oct 2014, 17:10 PM
Patrion 14

I notice that they've introduced a CoH1 three-commander style system for the campaign.
2 Oct 2014, 17:15 PM

While im a multiplayer-person myself Im really not upset that Ardennes Assault will focus on singleplayer and even if it doesent bring anything to mp then thats fine. The multiplayer people got their fare share of content with the western front armies. Now its turn for the singleplayers.

A couple of new maps and maybe even commanders would be a nice thing though, i agree.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★