RELIC: how about an update_news_something

PAGES (9)down
2 Oct 2014, 19:12 PM

Permanently Banned
DRAMA?

2 Oct 2014, 19:16 PM
Patrion 14

Noun

You can't honestly expect us to be happy with the efforts that you and Relic as a whole have been doing so far. You speak of 5 patches last month. Those patches consisted of hotfixes who created even more bugs and introduced the worst level of balance since March Deployment.
You speak of trying to communicate trough your Twitch weekly casts. Whilst ploughing trough spammers and new people in your chat, it's very rare to see you adress serious questions coming from people who understand the game and contribute to it.
You tell us that balance is being adressed, I know that AA will be a huge step back because there is no longer a dedicated balance team since most of them are working on AA.
You say you value our contribution. I can say first hand that you do not. Not in the way WE feel appreciated even by a tiny bit.

You always try to tell us that Relic cares, Relic listens. Dedicated people like Rogers, MilkaCow, IpkaiFung and soon myself prove you wrong. Very wrong.

I am sorry you feel this way Noun, I truly am. This community HAD so much potential. Poor choice of priorities on Relic's end completely killed it.

Good luck with AA, I hope it brings the bags of money you all crave for.
2 Oct 2014, 19:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2014, 19:05 PMOhme
"We're working on it" does not quell my concerns. The work that has been done created bugs and threw balance around the blender. What reason do we have to believe things will get better when recent history shows Relic actions have made things worse?

I agree Ohme. Patch after patch has created more errors and has not solved many issues. EVery response seems to be a PR move. There isn't much data released, time tables, etc. Everything is fluff
2 Oct 2014, 19:23 PM

Jeez guys give Relic a break. I seem to see commitment from Relic with more community interaction. But what do you really expect when you just bash them after every response? If I worked at Relic I would say "FU#$% this entitled community".
2 Oct 2014, 19:27 PM

So Noun is probably thinking right now why should we care about those unappreciative brats even though we are not making any money from their online play. The answer is simple, what ever you have done, should have been done with quality. The work you guys have put into balancing and improving this game has been mostly low quality.
2 Oct 2014, 19:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2014, 18:53 PMNoun
They're under NDA and can't talk about it but we're getting their feedback and will be rolling it out as quickly as possible once we're satisfied with the mode.

This is exactly the problem, the NDA !
It seems like that there is nothing beign tested, it should all be public, showing everything you guys been doing for us.

all this suspense leads nowhere, except to the community thinking that there is nothing beign done at all.

Seriously, whoever came out with the idea of relic's NDA killed the marketing departament, it's ridiculous.
2 of 3 Relic postsRelic 2 Oct 2014, 19:30 PM

I'm not here to argue. People are justified in feeling how they feel, and I'm not going to tell you to feel differently as that would be silly and insulting.

We do our best and we continue to try to improve. We're absolutely open to hearing suggestions of how you'd like to see us improve. We're certainly working on ways of opening things up more, specifically around the balance changes.

Things tend to move slowly at times in game development and we're working to try not to "soon" you all to death. Which is why sometimes we don't talk about stuff until it's done or near done.

You're entitled to think that's right or wrong, and there's definitely a balance to that. I don't think anyone thinks we've gotten it right yet, and feedback like this helps us realize that we need to continue to adjust it.

And to be honest there will never be a time when we get it right, because there's no "right for everyone" just like with balance there's no "right for everyone". As a test Google any semi-popular and up game dev with the phrase "needs to communicate more" and you'll find similar threads.

Some of them are more open than we are, some of them are much less open.

We're doing our best on all fronts and we'll continue to do our best. We appreciate everyone who buys our game, and the people who care about it passionately enough to take time out of their day to give us feedback here, on our forums, on Twitch, on Facebook and Twitter and everywhere else.

You've all been a big part of making this game better, and will continue to be.

So thank you.
2 Oct 2014, 19:31 PM
Senior Editor Badge

I think the BRAD-INCIDENT has something to do with the lack of communication with us.
2 Oct 2014, 19:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2014, 19:30 PMNoun

Things tend to move slowly at times in game development and we're working to try not to "soon" you all to death. Which is why sometimes we don't talk about stuff until it's done or near done.

So, instead of saying "soon", you guys could actually SHOW us your hard work, that would solve a lot of problems.
2 Oct 2014, 19:33 PM

Permanently Banned

We do our best and we continue to try to improve.

DONT INSULT US
3 of 3 Relic postsRelic 2 Oct 2014, 19:39 PM

So, instead of saying "soon", you guys could actually SHOW us your hard work, that would solve a lot of problems.

Yup. I think we agree on that.
2 Oct 2014, 19:40 PM

Eh, Meh. What ever relic do now is bad. They should start giving attention in more important things like mp ( where they get fans from ) instead of singleplayer which rarely somebody will play it more than one time.
2 Oct 2014, 19:47 PM

We're certainly working on ways of opening things up more, specifically around the balance changes.

Things tend to move slowly at times in game development and we're working to try not to "soon" you all to death.

Yes, I'm sure that NDA on simple balance changes is completely out of your hands. Much open, so balance.

Things may "move slowly at times in game development", but we're saying you are prioritizing things horribly. There are several utterly gamebreaking bugs, introduced in WFA and the patches following it, which went unfixed in all your hotfixes. Now we are apparently stuck with these issues until your "dedicated multiplayer team" comes back from working on AA.

2 Oct 2014, 19:47 PM

So I have a question for you Noun.

You say you have a dedicated team for balancing. I understand Peter is leading this team. Is this his primary duty at Relic or does he have other duties like programing for example, in addition to leading balancing?
2 Oct 2014, 19:50 PM
Patrion 14

There is NO dedicated balance team.
2 Oct 2014, 19:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2014, 19:47 PMCruzz

Yes, I'm sure that NDA on simple balance changes is completely out of your hands. Much open, so balance.

Things may "move slowly at times in game development", but we're saying you are prioritizing things horribly. There are several utterly gamebreaking bugs, introduced in WFA and the patches following it, which went unfixed in all your hotfixes. Now we are apparently stuck with these issues until your "dedicated multiplayer team" comes back from working on AA.

Wait....what is the "dedicated multiplayer team" 's business with AA?? I don't get this, doesn't Relic have other teams for that?
2 Oct 2014, 19:51 PM

Permanently Banned
There is NO dedicated balance team.

2 Oct 2014, 19:55 PM

this

"Yes the frequency of patches has been very good! But why every patch also introduces new bugs, has incorrect patch notes, undocumented changes, and often also makes the balance worse? Nobody is saying the updates are not frequent enough, just that they are bad."

guys....correct me if i am wrong here....

RELIC....this would help alot for the attitude around here....

1st - focus on bug fixing (squash all bugs - move to 2nd step)
2nd - balance
3rd - lift ALL NDA's - let us know exactly what is going on - and how things are shaping up
(letting us see unfinished work, is WAY better than seeing NO work)

once bugs and balance are done.
THEN
4th - commanders / war spoils / etc

EDIT - bug fixing order (SMALL increments) (1 bug per hotfix) (fix 1 bug at a time, let it go live - make sure it did not introduce new bugs - then proceed to next bug)

i am trying to give you constructive feedback
how about creating a BUG thread - list ALL bugs - as you hotfix each bug - let the COMMUNITY tell you whether the bug is actually squashed.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS