Login

russian armor

Headset Mic crackling/poping when in-game

• This thread is locked
2 Oct 2014, 03:21 AM

Recently I purchased a new headset http://www.aziocorp.com/en/headsets/4-levetron-gh808-usb-gaming-headset.html
and for some reason whenever I am in-game for CoH2 it immediately begins crackling, then disappears as soon as I leave the game. Mic works perfectly fine whenever I do anything else, even when im on the searching screen, talking on TS, etc....just not when I'm in-game. I've tried changing the USB port, updating drivers, re-installing the headset software, updating windows, updating my graphics card, nothing seems to work to fix this. I then proceeded to try and fix this via sound settings on CoH2, still no results. I've come to the conclusion that there has to be some sort of bug in-game causing this, as I had a USB headset previously that worked fine with the mic it had while playing. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

EDIT: Actually I think I discovered the problem, apparently having my wireless adapter plugged into the port next to my headset causes this static when playing :P
2 Oct 2014, 03:43 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Was about to say, sounds like some interference. Either in the circuitry on the motherboard or the USB controller.
2 Oct 2014, 03:49 AM

Consider this issue resolved?

If you want a black background, consider isolating your inputs by a soundcard - even an inexpensive one should do the trick for most basic audio needs.

Von if you want it reopened just message me.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★