Login

russian armor

Months later, still no adjustment to the Forward HQ

2 Oct 2014, 07:41 AM

while you're at it, you could make the rest of the commander not useless
2 Oct 2014, 10:13 AM

FHQ's are unusable against OKW. And Ostheer can simply mortar them to death. And they cost 60 fuel.

And yet you complain :guyokay:
2 Oct 2014, 10:34 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

- OST can make bunkers reinforced/health
- SOV have FHQ.
- USF have ambulance.
- OBW have trucks with reinforced/health.

It is a design problem of the 4 factions.
2 Oct 2014, 11:08 AM

- OST can make bunkers reinforced/health
- SOV have FHQ.
- USF have ambulance.
- OBW have trucks with reinforced/health.

It is a design problem of the 4 factions.

Wrong. You're comparing non-doctrinal things with doctrinal FHQ.

Soviet have M5 to reinforce. Which costs less fuel, mobile and can be upgraded to M17 for AI/AA.
Still it costs fuel and forces you to tech shitty tier (unless you play Lend-Lease Tactics which also gives a great medium tank so no T3 needed).
Closest thing to M5 is Wehrmacht SdKfz 251, which cost fuel and can be upgraded for better AI too. BUT, as you said, Wehrmacht have bunkers which cost no fuel.

In 2v2+ USF player can decrew their Ambulance truck for soviet to take it. USF get medics and soviets get forward reinforcement and healing.

I see no faction design problems here. Problem is in Urban Defence Doctrine and in knowing(not knowing) how to deal with it.
2 Oct 2014, 11:48 AM

I saw this commander once, the player using it crushed me because I had no idea the thing even existed, and then I haven't seen it since then I can recall.

If it was actually OP I imagine it would be a lot more commonly used.
2 Oct 2014, 12:07 PM

This ability is still very broken in team games, but it is map dependent obviously. Even if your opponent makes a stuka you should win the early map control.

Strummingbird suggested a number of fine ways to try to address player concerns. Nerfs in some places buffs in others.

Unfortunately because of the rarity of the commander I doubt this is on the balance team's radar.
2 Oct 2014, 12:08 PM

I have played against FHQ a few times recently in team games, and you can get a stuka out pretty damn quick - 8/9 mins usually. Then its GG.

Im not adverse to the idea of the FHQ entirely though, but the changes already suggested - such as 1 CP and only being able to build/use it in connected territory and being able to de-cap it, I certainly agree with. Its completely logical.
2 Oct 2014, 14:58 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Only fair to allow the second party to respond? Sorry but I think that's just plain ridiculous. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't replays containing offensive chat in violation of site rules just as much as a forum post is?

I think the moderators do a fine job, but are not zealous enough. I understand you want to create an environment that promotes free discussion. But what useful discussion is going to come out of "a sincere fuck you for being a gigantic cunt" ???

That replay thread should have been locked as soon as it was posted because it is in blatant violation of site rules. Why just because the person posting it is the one doing the flaming means it's okay? It's obvious to anyone that within minutes it will be a giant party of everyone on coh2.org point and laugh and the fuel cache spammer noob. Let's all post our funny gifs and flame him back. It's okay, he obviously deserves it right? No. Lock that shit down. It wastes everyone's time and energy for what?
2 Oct 2014, 15:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2014, 14:58 PMRomeo
Only fair to allow the second party to respond? Sorry but I think that's just plain ridiculous. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't replays containing offensive chat in violation of site rules just as much as a forum post is?

I think the moderators do a fine job, but are not zealous enough. I understand you want to create an environment that promotes free discussion. But what useful discussion is going to come out of "a sincere fuck you for being a gigantic cunt" ???

That replay thread should have been locked as soon as it was posted because it is in blatant violation of site rules. Why just because the person posting it is the one doing the flaming means it's okay? It's obvious to anyone that within minutes it will be a giant party of everyone on coh2.org point and laugh and the fuel cache spammer noob. Let's all post our funny gifs and flame him back. It's okay, he obviously deserves it right? No. Lock that shit down. It wastes everyone's time and energy for what?

Well you are wrong. Our policy is that offends in game are belonging to Relic.

Of course comments of games are totally different thing.

Your reports were unnecessary IMO in this thread however. What I meant with other to respond was that if I already selected a line in a thread, it would have been unfair to treat second guy with more strict rules, don't you think?
3 Oct 2014, 15:39 PM

The FHQ commander, when it came out, was extremely useful as it was designed and released under an early incarnation of the game's meta. At the time, Axis flame halftracks were an extremely hard unit to counter without planning for it from the start of the match. The light ATG in the commander was a unit that was a long time coming for the game's early meta.

But since that meta has long since been gone, and the commander was based entirely on that incarnation of meta, it's fallen by the wayside.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★