Login

russian armor

Fun wee Ostheer Trick (Camo)

1 Oct 2014, 18:36 PM

+ + +

= fun times.

Use the mortar fire manually to create cover anywhere on the map (the blast holes leave yellow cover in a round circle.) Place your Mg42 in it with camo and hold fire. Usually this is difficult to set up with normal cover due to the 4 men spread of MG42's, but the mortar creates perfect circles and it takes little micro or time to do.

Hard to flank an MG42 that you can't see. For added fun, try the odd Armour piercing rounds at vet1 and de-cloak when a unit is nearly on top of you.

Throw in some of these lads with camo and you have a party
1 Oct 2014, 18:42 PM
Donator 22

:-)
1 Oct 2014, 18:47 PM

Have u ever tried it in ranked matches? It sounds me bullsh.t.. In ranked, I have no time to mortar empty areas on the field to get yellow cover. A few times I tried to use camo on hmg squads but it wasnt reliable since you should get cover for 4 person on the squad which is not in your hands..
1 Oct 2014, 19:18 PM

Aye 1's ranked is where I test things, the mortar quickly creates the yellow cover for your MG42 to camo in, solving the old problem that MG42's with camo were nearly impossible to cloak. It is very simple to do and fast :)

2 Oct 2014, 20:56 PM

And you get locked in a doctrine with no Tiger call-ins or useful shit.. >.>
3 Oct 2014, 01:36 AM

Camo, G43's (and interrogation/map hack), sprint, arty and a strafe, pretty handy doctrine for 1's.

No Tiger tank, which in company of call in's can be an issue late game. But on the bright side, no one expects camo use in the current meta and Ostheer t3 is decent. Enough to leverage and have some fun whilst staying pretty competitive.
3 Oct 2014, 01:51 AM

And you get locked in a doctrine with no Tiger call-ins or useful shit.. >.>

Doesn't Lightning War Commander have Tiger and Camo?
3 Oct 2014, 22:14 PM

Nah, just the tiger and g43's Serious.
4 Oct 2014, 08:47 AM

True, unfortunately.
13 Oct 2014, 18:35 PM

Why does everyone has such a problem playing with underpowered stuff? Why play shit that is OP? Wheres the fun in that? A lot of people claim that they don't play OP units but how come no one ever plays Ostheer 1v1 anymore? Such a coincidence that they have the worst win/loss ratio in 1v1, and people not playing them..

*edit: Sorry, didnt even adress OP!
I think it's a great idea. Just the type of thing that makes CoH so much fun. Not really useful obviously, but that 1/1000 games where you find good use for it, it's going to be epic and your opponent will claim that it's "cheesy". ;j
14 Oct 2014, 14:39 PM

I think Ostheer are pretty strong in 1v1, like most Coh2 factions though, they have their maps where it is a suckfest, i.e. for ostheer, Semoskiy maps, Stalingrad etc. Most people stick to a few well known builds/doctrines, cause they work consistently well.

Like for using Camo, you forgo a heavy tank call in and it requires additional micro, munitions usage and some creativity to set up. I have used it vs top 100 players, but you really do have to get the most out of the camo to make it worth it, where honestly just going grens with an mg42 into t2 stuff and wait for a tiger call in is easier.

But i'm gonna stick at it and hopefully post some replays to this thread vs good players to show it can be used in more then 1/1000 games!

14 Oct 2014, 17:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2014, 14:39 PMBryan
I think Ostheer are pretty strong in 1v1, like most Coh2 factions though, they have their maps where it is a suckfest, i.e. for ostheer, Semoskiy maps, Stalingrad etc. Most people stick to a few well known builds/doctrines, cause they work consistently well.

Like for using Camo, you forgo a heavy tank call in and it requires additional micro, munitions usage and some creativity to set up. I have used it vs top 100 players, but you really do have to get the most out of the camo to make it worth it, where honestly just going grens with an mg42 into t2 stuff and wait for a tiger call in is easier.

But i'm gonna stick at it and hopefully post some replays to this thread vs good players to show it can be used in more then 1/1000 games!

1v1 stats for top-200 would disagree with you about Ostheer being strong.
I didn't mean that camo was not useful, what I meant was that specific mortar-creating-cover-for-mg-waiting-until-last-second-pop-incirounds being not that useful consistantly.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★