Only Relic postRelic 4 Oct 2014, 03:14 AM

This is cool. We're taking a look.

Great to see this sort of thing!
4 Oct 2014, 03:25 AM

i dont wanna make an account to vote :(
4 Oct 2014, 03:36 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Oct 2014, 03:06 AMWiFiDi
gonna be honest some of those are way to subjective to be called issues.

please. any Suggestions?

Join the board :) bring tour input
4 Oct 2014, 03:39 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Oct 2014, 03:14 AMNoun
This is cool. We're taking a look.

Great to see this sort of thing!

You are more then welcome to join :)
4 Oct 2014, 04:53 AM

Also will have to agree with WiFiDi here. Also the issues itself are too vague - the Kubel or lag. Under what circumstances are Kubel gamebreaking? Under what conditions is it lagging, or what pieces of code makes it responsible?
4 Oct 2014, 05:48 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Oct 2014, 04:53 AMtengen
Also will have to agree with WiFiDi here. Also the issues itself are too vague - the Kubel or lag. Under what circumstances are Kubel gamebreaking? Under what conditions is it lagging, or what pieces of code makes it responsible?

Its a tracker :) issues to address...

I believe you don't get the point :)

but if you have something to contribute to the pool of information you are more than welcome :)

that is kinda the point :)
4 Oct 2014, 08:23 AM

yeah...honestly i think it would be much better if the tracker was limited only to bugs, rather than having ideas on balance or the meta game in general.
4 Oct 2014, 08:27 AM
Patrion 15

yeah...honestly i think it would be much better if the tracker was limited only to bugs, rather than having ideas on balance or the meta game in general.

I think if the comments on balance remain focused and moderated it could still be a useful tool for consolidating a wide variety of community issues in one place. Obviously something like this runs the risk of devolving into another place for forum warriors to attempt to sway Relics perception of balance, but I think with good moderation and succinct points it could still be a useful tool for the community to highlight issues in a more focused manner.

Can you expand on why balance/meta comments in general would be less productive in a format like this?
4 Oct 2014, 08:36 AM

because balance and meta comments are often biased on way or the other. often times people try to push their own agenda when talking about balance, either consciously or unconsciously. people try to suggest things that would make the game 'ideal' in their own mind. where as a bug is...well a bug. for example the allied MG retreat bug, im fairly sure all of us can agree that it shouldnt be in the game, or perhaps MG team members not seeking cover as they should, or the m20 mine wiffs every now and then, etc etc.

4 Oct 2014, 08:52 AM
Patrion 15

because balance and meta comments are often biased on way or the other. where as a bug is...well a bug. for example the allied MG retreat bug, im fairly sure all of us can agree that it shouldnt be in the game,

or perhaps MG team members not seeking cover as they should, or the m20 mine wiffs every now and then, etc etc.

I understand the difference between balance and meta concerns and bugs. Why can't these all be consolidated together in one place, assuming the comments are well written and the best/most glaring issues are upvoted by the majority?
4 Oct 2014, 08:56 AM

edited my post for a little bit of clarity.

im assuming this tracker is made for relic to keep track of all the issues at hand. balance and meta concerns are already being discussed in the alpha forums believe it or not, and relic is aware of most if not all the balance/meta concerns anyways.

it would just be more convenient to have just bugs because right now the 'major issues' category includes both bugs and balance issues. you would have to sift through subjective posts to find bugs that need fixing soon.
4 Oct 2014, 09:02 AM
Patrion 15

edited my post for a little bit of clarity.

im assuming this tracker is made for relic to keep track of all the issues at hand. balance and meta concerns are already being discussed in the alpha forums believe it or not, and relic is aware of most if not all the balance/meta concerns anyways.

it would just be more convenient to have just bugs because right now the 'major issues' category includes both bugs and balance issues. you would have to sift through subjective posts to find bugs that need fixing soon.

Ah, I gotcha. I think the intention with this is to allow the most prevalent issues to expose themselves via upvotes. If the majority of committed community members find the isu, for example, to be a major issue, it will quickly garner the most votes and thereby create a sort of focused priority list. Obviously this is only useful if enough of the community decides to participate, small sample size and all... If nothing else it is useful for identifying community sentiment, biased or not, on issues. Relic is obviously going to asses the points expressed at their own discretion.

The whole point of the cards is to make all issues available at a glance. The bugs can be identified easily by the labels provided, which eliminates much of the time it would take to identify the same issues by browsing the forums.
4 Oct 2014, 10:01 AM

Personally, I'm loving it :) It's a great way to air all these concerns in a highly visible and organised manner, as opposed to important stuff being buried under ranting and fragmented threads in forums. Through collaboration, even vague issues can be elaborated on easily. Supporting evidence through attachments has already been included as well.

Accounts are a barrier to the mass entry required for good voting numbers, of course, but anonymous editing would probably be too risky. One-click Google access is a good start. If this kind of issue tracker could be incorporated into this website or the official COH2 forums, that would probably help. In the meantime, the least we can do is demonstrate its viability. If problems with the layout exist, they are incredibly easy to modify, so feel free to make suggestions.
4 Oct 2014, 10:55 AM

Would grenadier LMG42 graphical glitch count as a bug? Just curious that's all.
4 Oct 2014, 10:57 AM

just got disapointed dint now that kubel cold supress on the run epic ohoho just saw that and now will ignore because i play okw faction alout and never hapen to me so i will put my tin floyd hat so i dont get RNg GOD fuking up my game !!

http://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/download/Number/71900/filename/tin_foil_hat_cat_man.jpg

No one love Bear Kubel ^^!!
4 Oct 2014, 11:21 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

just got disapointed dint now that kubel cold supress on the run epic ohoho just saw that and now will ignore because i play okw faction alout and never hapen to me so i will put my tin floyd hat so i dont get RNg GOD fuking up my game !!

http://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/download/Number/71900/filename/tin_foil_hat_cat_man.jpg

No one love Bear Kubel ^^!!

Even judged against your own previous epic standards, this one will be hard to beat. B-)

'dint now' = didn't know? :sealed:

But 'a tin floyd hat'? Is this a pop group?

Back to topic

4 Oct 2014, 12:15 PM

Sorry for being a technical baboon but how the hell do I add something on that board?

I have something that is a major issue and also have a dev response that no one have added yet.
4 Oct 2014, 12:20 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Sorry for being a technical baboon but how the hell do I add something on that board?

I have something that is a major issue and also have a dev response that no one have added yet.

YOu have to post a comment in the signups card so i can add u tothe board.

ALso I think some people have not understood, it is not really for relic benefit but for community benefit. Also I understand that some people think that to add balance or meta stuff is too "cluttered" but like I posted in the screenshot before it is very EASY to just filter the view to see only bugz, so that is why I think its fine to have both. Thanks for all the feedback!
4 Oct 2014, 12:32 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Oct 2014, 03:06 AMWiFiDi
gonna be honest some of those are way to subjective to be called issues.

Please comment on the issue that you think is not an issue and I can move it to the questionable column until it receives better clarification
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 43
unknown 14
unknown 10
Germany 15

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %