Login

russian armor

USF Cost of Lieutenant vs effectiveness

28 Jan 2015, 18:52 PM

The only problem regarding LT/CPT is their popcap.
28 Jan 2015, 20:06 PM

Am I the only one who uses the Captain's "Supervise" building ability to pump Shermans and Jacksons at record speed?
28 Jan 2015, 21:48 PM

Hold up, you get a free unit when unlocking tech and it's not COST EFFECTIVE?

Play some Ostheer.
28 Jan 2015, 22:12 PM

Am I the only one who uses the Captain's "Supervise" building ability to pump Shermans and Jacksons at record speed?

That's how Ostheer gets REKT by USF.
28 Jan 2015, 22:13 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2015, 21:48 PMdbmb
Hold up, you get a free unit when unlocking tech and it's not COST EFFECTIVE?

Play some Ostheer.

Youre right,its only cost effective against ostheer.

most OKW units(Besides unvetted volks at like point blank) eat him alive after a while unless you buff him out with weapons.
\
The most useful part of this squad IMO (the thompson) is almost always negated because the LT himself gets killed first all the time.
28 Jan 2015, 23:02 PM

Youre right,its only cost effective against ostheer.

most OKW units(Besides unvetted volks at like point blank) eat him alive after a while unless you buff him out with weapons.
\
The most useful part of this squad IMO (the thompson) is almost always negated because the LT himself gets killed first all the time.

Are you seriously complaining about a free riflemen squad with a smg and a bar?
28 Jan 2015, 23:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2015, 17:49 PMAradan
Have lieutenant some buff aura? I hear about accuracy aura, but i cant find any information.

And captain have armour aura (+0,5), it is true?

28 Jan 2015, 23:39 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2015, 23:02 PMJaigen

If im doing any "complaining" in my post then i guess im complaining about the Thompson SMG on the LT,which is the most notable part of the squad,always being taken away most of the time since units always try to kill the LT himself before the other models in the squad. if i wanted i could skip the LT, go capt, and get a bar on one of my rifle squads at about the time he's out anyway.. big deal.. the bar itself or its timing is nothing special,

This squads combat effectiveness over time is not nearly as good against OKW as it is against OST. The only GREAT thing about LT is his first engagement.

Against OKW once infil nades,lucky shrek shotts,obers,flak hts, you name it start coming out....he's nothing special....hes an MP drain if anything.

Against OST,hes useful the whole game, i never denied that

Im not complaining at all really. Im just Discussing the topic which the is the LT's cost effectiveness...which includes his combat usefulness over time thanks to his reinforcement costs in a MP starved faction.

29 Jan 2015, 00:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2015, 23:02 PMJaigen

To be honest, both the Lt. and Captain are kind of annoying. They turn the USF into an MP black hole and take up a ton of popcap to boot.
29 Jan 2015, 02:45 AM

Do you know there's some other faction which teching doesn't give you anything except access to certain units.
29 Jan 2015, 06:55 AM

Lieutenant -oh the free unit that pwns my grenadiers and also outnumbers my army.You want it more cost-effective than free?Go ahead,lol.American infantry need all the buffs they can get after all.Paratrooper reinforce should also be reduced to 25,28 is too cost-ineffective.

Why are you so upset on USF infantry? Ok, I partially understand if you're playing just Ostheer, in early game you are overwhelmed. But the reinforcement, unit costs and experience scalling are working in your favor throughout the game. If the USF player it's not a devil or clearly better than you or he fails to properly preserve his infantry, you have a good chance to win. USF has a big manpower bleed problem in middle and end game.

Wanna clearly dominate USF and burry them into the ground since beginning? Play OKW :P
29 Jan 2015, 08:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2015, 02:45 AMUGBEAR
Do you know there's some other faction which teching doesn't give you anything except access to certain units.

Faction design.
29 Jan 2015, 08:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2015, 23:18 PMKatitof

Fun. I dont want another fanboy flame war. I only want know, if buff aura (Lieutenant and Captain) for riflemens and para exist.
29 Jan 2015, 08:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2015, 06:55 AMJohnnyB

Why are you so upset on USF infantry? Ok, I partially understand if you're playing just Ostheer, in early game you are overwhelmed. But the reinforcement, unit costs and experience scalling are working in your favor throughout the game. If the USF player it's not a devil or clearly better than you or he fails to properly preserve his infantry, you have a good chance to win. USF has a big manpower bleed problem in middle and end game.

Wanna clearly dominate USF and burry them into the ground since beginning? Play OKW :P

I hate OKW blobbing style.
And no,usf outscales ost infantry as well.When both are vetted double bars will beat lmgs.at 5 models they are less susceptible to wipe.But most of all the 1919 has no ost counter.Neither does paras blobs at 28 reinforce.LMG grens hold an advantage in midgame for a window of time,earlygame and lategame none.
29 Jan 2015, 08:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2015, 08:04 AMAradan

Fun. I dont want another fanboy flame war. I only want know, if buff aura (Lieutenant and Captain) for riflemens and para exist.

Check this out.
http://www.coh2.org/topic/25475/usf-officer-bonuses-and-paratroopers
29 Jan 2015, 08:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2015, 08:21 AMRMMLz

Check this out.
http://www.coh2.org/topic/25475/usf-officer-bonuses-and-paratroopers

Thank you. Buff is only for Paras and removed in last patch.
29 Jan 2015, 09:18 AM

I hate OKW blobbing style.

That's to bad. They are fun, especially when you see soviets and USF rage quitting. Ok, I must admit, I have more fun vs soviet rage quitters.

And no,usf outscales ost infantry as well.When both are vetted double bars will beat lmgs.at 5 models they are less susceptible to wipe.But most of all the 1919 has no ost counter.Neither does paras blobs at 28 reinforce.LMG grens hold an advantage in midgame for a window of time,earlygame and lategame none.

Less susceptible to wipe, expensive like burning hell to build and reinforce especially when they are alot. Double bars are... 120 amo, right? Dunno if in my USF games I have more than one rifle squad with double BAR. I tend to say no. I need amo with USF for to much staff in order to invest it just in BARS. The counter of 1919 is the rifle grenade. Didn't you know? Let me explain: In order to shoot that nasty 1919 the rifle squad must stay still. Just rifle nade it to death. I prefer bars 1000 times over the 1919 because I can be mobile and I can run all over with my small rifle blob. 1919 is best investment for paras BECAUSE THEY CAN SHOOT IT WHILE RUNNING. Paras what? Blobs? Seriously, I wanna have some vehicles to on the field not just infantry. And vehicles cost manpower too, you know?
29 Jan 2015, 09:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2015, 09:18 AMJohnnyB

That's to bad. They are fun, especially when you see soviets and USF rage quitting. Ok, I must admit, I have more fun vs soviet rage quitters.

Less susceptible to wipe, expensive like burning hell to build and reinforce especially when they are alot. Double bars are... 120 amo, right? Dunno if in my USF games I have more than one rifle squad with double BAR. I tend to say no. I need amo with USF for to much staff in order to invest it just in BARS. The counter of 1919 is the rifle grenade. Didn't you know? Let me explain: In order to shoot that nasty 1919 the rifle squad must stay still. Just rifle nade it to death. I prefer bars 1000 times over the 1919 because I can be mobile and I can run all over with my small rifle blob. 1919 is best investment for paras BECAUSE THEY CAN SHOOT IT WHILE RUNNING. Paras what? Blobs? Seriously, I wanna have some vehicles to on the field not just infantry. And vehicles cost manpower too, you know?

Rifle reinforce is lesser than gren,and far lesser than pzgren and they are rarely wiped without lucky rifle nade.That i was talking abt in late game.Double bars lategame is not much problem.A good investment on vetted squads.
They will fire and stand as long as ur not firing nade,when ur model does kneel animation to fire,they will move away for a sec.Didn't u know?

Yep couple of rifles and 2-3 paras and then run wild.jacksons for backup.You need tigers to counter.and the 10% matches ost gets to tiger it has good chance of winning.Para firing 1919 on move and 28 reinforce and 6 men,its just lol.
29 Jan 2015, 13:48 PM

Para firing 1919 on move and 28 reinforce and 6 men,its just lol.

Obersoldaten firing with thier lmg on the move with 0.75 accuracy, paratroopers with 0.25.

And 28 reinforce is only one thing which makes the useful since this 380 manpower squad have 1.0 received accuracy when shocks have 1.5 armor and all okw elite infantry have 0.83 - o.7 received accuracy.

So OP, so broken, relic pls nurf.
29 Jan 2015, 13:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2015, 13:48 PMNEVEC

Obersoldaten firing with thier lmg on the move with 0.75 accuracy, paratroopers with 0.25.

And 28 reinforce is only one thing which makes the useful since this 380 manpower squad have 1.0 received accuracy when shocks have 1.5 armor and all okw elite infantry have 0.83 - o.7 received accuracy.

So OP, so broken, relic pls nurf.

Yes,plz nerf because ost can't counter 6 man squads with moving 1919 and 28 reinforce.Nerf obers and shocks as well if u feel like keeping the field equal.Less reinforce than grens for a squad with moving 1919s is unacceptable.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS