Login

russian armor

T0 AT Idea for USF

30 Sep 2014, 04:25 AM

Here is my idea for USF early AT problem. Why not give the RE a Bazooka standard. This would come with a Manpower increase and Wouldn't mean the Bazooka rack wouldn't need to be unlocked. This also wouldn't mean that one RE would just conture a Kubel, but it would A. give the americans something else to build other then Rifles, and B. give them a fighting chance vs the Kubel.(first unit having AT role could be cool) In the end I think this would give the american more options in 1v1s and make the RE have a role in the game. (Not to mention give a reason to upgrade the Bazooka rak to better upgrade your RE).

What do you all think? Any other ideas?
30 Sep 2014, 04:41 AM

Permanently Banned
still wont counter kubel

zook misses too much

make wc51 truck non doc

but it needs to be nurfed
30 Sep 2014, 04:47 AM

still wont counter kubel

zook misses too much

make wc51 truck non doc

but it needs to be nurfed

I could see that in T0. Just make it a Jeep that can't carry a squad? or something along those lines.
30 Sep 2014, 04:59 AM

Permanently Banned
yea. dont allow it to carry squads. lower dps and health. and usf is set
30 Sep 2014, 05:09 AM

And what about the WC 51 commander? That army truck is the a keystone piece of the Mechanized Company.
30 Sep 2014, 05:19 AM

Giving REs a bazooka would make it even harder for Ostheer to survive USF early game. (HT/222 would be hard countered before they arrive on the field)

The problem begins and ends with OKW being too strong, that is why they need to be nerfed. USF needs buff late game though.
30 Sep 2014, 05:26 AM
Patrion 14

And what about the WC 51 commander? That army truck is the a keystone piece of the Mechanized Company.

rather than moving wc51 to t0, make a new jeep unit and put it in t0.

buff wc51, make it come at 2cp

30 Sep 2014, 05:35 AM

A good ol' Willys MB or Ford GPW? I'd love it.

It'd scale worse than the Kubelwagen though.
30 Sep 2014, 11:23 AM

I dunno guys. After the M3 and Kubel, do we really want more immediately build-able vehicles in the game? Those things seem to be fundamentally hard to balance, and my personal opinion is that they dumb down the early game a lot compared to pure infantry play. I'd rather they just fixed the Kubel.
30 Sep 2014, 11:28 AM

I'd say have the .50 cal jeep as standard build from 0cp but add a fuel cost for both the jeep and the kubel to prevent over use and to give players something to think about as they tech up.
30 Sep 2014, 11:42 AM

Back to RE:
good buff for them would be ability to use M7 grenade launchers not only when they are in fighting position. U will lock them like mortal and it will have range like 50 or 60 so it will harass infantry and mg teams. To use this ability RE will need some ammo upgrade like 60 ammo or feul tech in t0. Some small arty buff would be better than AT. U will have possibility to push off enemy from green cover or buildings, now u got only rifleman rush will end badly even against volks gren in building or good cover.
30 Sep 2014, 15:27 PM

Double jeep call in with recoilless rifles? If I recall correctly they had something like this for brits in eastern front mod at some point. No idea how historically correct those are but sure would be cool.
1 Oct 2014, 12:58 PM

I agree with ratchet at least this time, he's right, the usf need a early game unit to do something against the kübel, not nessicarily the wc51, it's too strong and well have the same problem we have with the kübel right now, an unit which is very hard to counter. I support the suggestion to move the 50 cal into t0 and add a mortar, you could also add some sort of tec, like the tec for grenades for example, because it would be a little too strong to get all these things without spending at least some sort of recources to get them.
1 Oct 2014, 13:10 PM

Come on, the kubel isnt that overpowered. If people would just stop blobbing and start splitting their troops up just a little, it would be possible to easily kill a kubel, since it can only cover one area, and not 2. Its health isnt overpowered and i easily killed one yesterday with 2 penals! one was pinned, the other took shots from the other side. The kubel can easily be beaten by some good ol´ micromanagement :P
1 Oct 2014, 13:24 PM

Come on, the kubel isnt that overpowered. If people would just stop blobbing and start splitting their troops up just a little, it would be possible to easily kill a kubel, since it can only cover one area, and not 2. Its health isnt overpowered and i easily killed one yesterday with 2 penals! one was pinned, the other took shots from the other side. The kubel can easily be beaten by some good ol´ micromanagement :P

that just means the opponent allowed you to kill it, it has fast suppression, great speed and sight.
1 Oct 2014, 13:29 PM

that just means the opponent allowed you to kill it, it has fast suppression, great speed and sight.

But it has a setup time, which allows you to at least outmaneuver him if u keep your infantry on the move! And yes, often they dont retreat fast enough, but come on, it isnt the Königskubel anymore!
1 Oct 2014, 13:42 PM

37mm M3

WC51 37mm gun carriage

1 Oct 2014, 14:10 PM

The last thing this game needs is more, earlier AT and armor.

There's a reason everyone waits til heavy tanks: anti-tank weaponry precedes light vehicles and tanks.

Hence, the only units able to absorb any kind of anti tank fire are the only units with any semblance of shock value and survivability that people need to field.

Why field a unit that is already hard countered? Heavy tanks have no real effective counter other than superior firepower, so they're the only units worth fielding.

Because, you know, this game isn't about a dialogue of decisions and counters, but more about reading your opponent's loadout before the match and acting accordingly.
2 Oct 2014, 00:41 AM

Why not have a fucking jeep? Seriously. A weak shitty jeep who's only purpose is to kill kubel and sniper

2 Oct 2014, 01:39 AM
Patrion 28

before anyone get's really excited about adding new units i'd like to draw your attention to the list of units that have been added non-doctrinally:

additionally, the list of changes that have been made to tech structures outside of very early beta:

please tell me if i missed any.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS