Login

russian armor

Major artillery

Vaz
29 Sep 2014, 21:43 PM

Any tips for using this right? I called it down on a bunker and every shot missed. It's only 3 shells right?
29 Sep 2014, 21:45 PM

Only use it with a vet 0 major because theres a bug that makes it fire again once you hit vet 2, other than that fake barrage is about as effective at killing stuff

Only real use i can see is destroying annoying garrisons which it can usually do
29 Sep 2014, 22:20 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Horrible waste of munitions. Never ever ever use it unless you desperately need to destroy an ambient building and have no other way of doing so.

Other better ways include para demo charges, a pack howie barrage, or sherman HE rounds.
30 Sep 2014, 00:17 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Its almost like this arty doesnt even fire. i Called it on a 4-5 squad volks blob once; guy didnt even move his units and he lost about 6 men( I think...i wasnt even sure the arty actually came down. im assuming it did because thats what was on the majors killcount.)

Its like going to a fourth of july show you spent $140 to see,only for there to be like 3-4 medium sized fireworks,leaving you saying "that was it"?
Vaz
30 Sep 2014, 00:22 AM

Every shell seems to be restricted from landing in the UI element. I don't think I have ever seen in land square in the middle of where I told it to go.
2 Oct 2014, 12:35 PM

I use it as a last resort, Area of Denial when faced against a blob of infantry and my infantry is retreating or trying to heal. It doesn't really offer much beyond that, imo.
2 Oct 2014, 12:55 PM
Donator 11

Zero Effect! using it is a waste of munitions
2 Oct 2014, 13:23 PM

Permanently Banned
Needs a buff imo.
2 Oct 2014, 14:03 PM
Donator 22

stick to the fake one.
It is so rare, eberybody will assume it is real
2 Oct 2014, 14:07 PM

Yeah the Major arty call down time is rather long and it can be inaccurate at times. Don't expect it to hit an mobile units unless your opponent is AFK.

I have used this ability to great success though against both OST and OKW when they build a pak43. It is a great option for USF to remove this tricky unit and its always there, no need to rely ever on purely doctrinal off-map strikes (might have picked doctrine early) or fast/hard hitting unit orders (risky).

Other than that all I use the Major for is recon runs, forward retreat point and vet3 territory lockdown (OP as fuck on Langres!). Can't forget about getting bad manner pistol kills as well :D
2 Oct 2014, 14:12 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Yeah the Major arty call down time is rather long and it can be inaccurate at times. Don't expect it to hit an mobile units unless your opponent is AFK.

I have used this ability to great success though against both OST and OKW when they build a pak43. It is a great option for USF to remove this tricky unit and its always there, no need to rely ever on purely doctrinal off-map strikes (might have picked doctrine early) or fast/hard hitting unit orders (risky).

Other than that all I use the Major for is recon runs, forward retreat point and vet3 territory lockdown (OP as fuck on Langres!). Can't forget about getting bad manner pistol kills as well :D

About the recon run, does it matter in any way where you deply the recon run in the circle?
It seems to arrive at whatever location it feels like
2 Oct 2014, 14:32 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Nope. I have called it in twice in the exact same location and got wildly different flight paths. Who knows how that shit works.
2 Oct 2014, 14:39 PM

About the recon run, does it matter in any way where you deply the recon run in the circle?
It seems to arrive at whatever location it feels like

Yeah I think it is random, but I've never really bothered to take notice of a pattern though. Just try always get your Major as close as possible to the point of interest since the Major does have an maximum call in range and you will find what you seek.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 11
unknown 4
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak