Login

russian armor

Reduce cost of BARS and Bazookas?

29 Sep 2014, 22:56 PM

Eh. Really Bars should should just be buffed rather than made cheaper.
And bazooka's are god awful making them cheaper won't solve that problem.
29 Sep 2014, 23:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2014, 14:24 PMJohnnyB
Well tbh I'm not so disappointed by their performances, if bazookas are not panzerschrecks, I count bars as good infantry weapons, the difference between a bar equiped and a non equiped squad are quite obvious. From this point of view I would exchange lmg grenadiers on bar equiped rifles any day.
No. Just no.
30 Sep 2014, 03:44 AM

Bars are bad, zooks are worse. It's pretty frustrating how bad all of the allied infantry based AT is at the moment. A price reduction isn't what bazookas need; they need to either be more accurate or have their penetration increased. Heck, even if they gave them more aoe so they could be moderately effective against infantry, I wouldn't mind. They just need to do something other than just scare off half tracks. I watched a double zook rifle squad miss 8(!) shots in a row on a Kubel yesterday and just face palmed.
30 Sep 2014, 03:57 AM

i think the concept of the bar was that it originally was supposed to be a kind of a cheap upgrade that any infantry can grab as they happen to be back at base to reinforce. However its not really a cheap upgrade, its one of the larger munitions investments you'll make all game.

It's a retarded system that some guy thought up at Relic. They should've just kept the BAR in line with every upgrade in the game and allow the rifles to upgrade on spot instead of running back ruining their flanks just for a piece of shit 60 mun upgrade. Think about it for a sec, who in the right mind would want to run back for a 40 mun upgrade if they made the BAR cheaper just to ruin their entire flank and map control?

The only thing the BAR is really good for is shooting point blank range at dumb shits that aren't in cover. That's literally it.
30 Sep 2014, 03:58 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2014, 03:57 AMvarunax

It's a retarded system that some guy thought up at Relic. They should've just kept the BAR in line with every upgrade in the game and allow the rifles to upgrade on spot instead of running back ruining their flanks just for a piece of shit 60 mun upgrade. Think about it for a sec, who in the right mind would want to run back for a 40 mun upgrade if they made the BAR cheaper just to ruin their entire flank and map control?

The only thing the BAR is really good for is shooting point blank range at dumb shits that aren't in cover. That's literally it.

dont mind weapons rack. lets me upgrade my RE or any other squads that are capable.
30 Sep 2014, 04:00 AM

Weapon racks should stay, Rifles should just get an option to upgrade BARs.
30 Sep 2014, 05:15 AM

I like how the only player who likes bars and thinks they are fine as they are is the one who plays axis only.
30 Sep 2014, 05:20 AM

I mostly play Wehrmacht or Soviet and I think BAR's are awful for the price. I thought it was just complainers being buttmad as usual until I looked at the stats earlier. Worse than FG-42's? No excuse for that!
30 Sep 2014, 06:21 AM

Well historically the FG42 was actually the superior weapon to the BAR. The BAR was replaced by the M60 which was derived from the FG42.
30 Sep 2014, 07:22 AM

They have almost no differences in performance irl. Around 600 RPM for both weapons and 20 round mag. The FG42 was just designed better and more expensive but that's about all.

It's like comparing an AK47/M16.
30 Sep 2014, 16:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2014, 06:21 AMHitman5
Well historically the FG42 was actually the superior weapon to the BAR. The BAR was replaced by the M60 which was derived from the FG42.

Yeah but on the other hand a Fallschirmjäger squad wasn't armed with all FG 42's like in CoH2. At least half the platoon was armed with Kar 98k's and the rest a mix of SMG's and Machine Guns. Admittedly I don't know where the FG 42 fits into that, but I can say for certain it wasn't a primary weapon for every trooper. If we wanted semi-realistic fallschirmjäger, we'd probably get them with MP 40's or Kar 98k's with an FG 42.
30 Sep 2014, 17:06 PM

Only about 2000 FG 42s ever saw combat. In terms of infantry numbers, the weapon was so incredibly rare that for all i known it could not exist.

Meanwhile BARs were issued to every american infantry squad.

Fallshirmjagers IRL by 1944 were simply elite troops, and they would be armed with the usual stuff, mg34s-42s, kar 98ks, STG 44s or MP40s.
30 Sep 2014, 18:28 PM

Yeah but on the other hand a Fallschirmjäger squad wasn't armed with all FG 42's like in CoH2. At least half the platoon was armed with Kar 98k's and the rest a mix of SMG's and Machine Guns. Admittedly I don't know where the FG 42 fits into that, but I can say for certain it wasn't a primary weapon for every trooper. If we wanted semi-realistic fallschirmjäger, we'd probably get them with MP 40's or Kar 98k's with an FG 42.

Of course, but I don't see what has to do with FG-42 vs BAR. Realistic would be 1/2 FG 42, plus 2/3 Kar98K or 2 Kar98k + 1 MP40. Having 3 weapons especially of different effective DPS ranges is wrong for CoH though. So I guess 2 FG 42 + 2 Kar 98k for most realistic squad.

But more fun with 4 FG 42 :D
30 Sep 2014, 21:20 PM

It's relevant because Riflemen can only get 2 BAR's for 120 munitions while Fallschirmjagers get 4 FG 42's for free. There's no reason the BAR should be on the same level as the FG 42, let alone weaker.

The fact that picking up a BAR with a Fallschirmjager squad lowers their DPS at all ranges is not a good thing.
30 Sep 2014, 21:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2014, 18:28 PMHitman5
Having 3 weapons especially of different effective DPS ranges is wrong for CoH though.

Meanwhile the Captain cries in a corner.
1 Oct 2014, 13:50 PM

Yeah, I agree buffing bars and Zooks would be a better idea. USF is a faction designed entirely around having the best and most flexible infantry to compensate for Axis having better tanks and better support weapons... except USF don't actually get the best infantry so the balance and dynamic is completely thrown out the window. It makes absolutely no sense at all why BARs and Bazookas are incredibly inferior to MG's, G43's and Shreks.

It's not designed to have the best infantry it is designed to have the best baseline infantry, and people here shouldn't forget that you can equip two of them on every squad and you can fire bars on the move which is a rather rare ability. But i agree with bars they need a buff, but zooks are ok.
1 Oct 2014, 17:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2014, 05:15 AMKatitof
I like how the only player who likes bars and thinks they are fine as they are is the one who plays axis only.

Thats because the axis players are the ones that know the strengths and weaknesses of assault rifles quite well.
1 Oct 2014, 20:06 PM

It's not designed to have the best infantry it is designed to have the best baseline infantry, and people here shouldn't forget that you can equip two of them on every squad and you can fire bars on the move which is a rather rare ability. But i agree with bars they need a buff, but zooks are ok.

Not really rare. Sturms, obers, falls, JLI... and that's just OKW. Then there's grens with g43, ass grens, shocks, cons with ppsh, paras with thompsons, ass engies. All work well on the move. Honestly it's more rare not to be able to fire on the move.
2 Oct 2014, 00:27 AM

I'd say that a 30 muni a piece for both, ATM, seems fair. I don't mind USF not heaving heavies, but they could at least have some more munies to spare in weapons and abilities.
3 Oct 2014, 05:53 AM

rather than picking 1 bar pick 2 bars and problem solved(30mun x2 = 60 ), also to leave space for 1 more weapon slot, that way you dont reduce the price, and you can still leave a space for lmg or zook. On the other hand zooks are pretty underwhelming in both range, dmg , price compared to shrecks, honestly even panzerfaust is more effective than zooks and that thing has insane range compared to allied anti tank grenade. My current setup is always lmg x2 or lmg + zook, bars are just not worth the mun, i would rather micro throw grenade at enemy than invest fuel into bar so i just skip the upgrade 90% of the time

At current lvl im just always going for infantry company and skipping bars cause with 10 more amm i can get lmgs with defensive position which acts like a free mg nest when needed. It still feels like us infantry is super slow and doesnt have any mobility buffs compared to other factions.

Reduce costs or buff them somehow.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 30
France 25

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak