Login

russian armor

Hotfix - a temporary solution to the stupid call-in meta

28 Sep 2014, 09:15 AM

Increase the cooldown to (at least) 5-10 minutes - no more call-in spam. It sure is no final solution, but at least will makes things a little better until they finally find a solution to the underlying problem.
28 Sep 2014, 09:55 AM

Just nerfing call-ins and not fixing the underlying problem would make the game worse.

28 Sep 2014, 10:53 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

And 5-10 min later you have enough fuel for another call-in. No, this will not solve the problem.

Rather than nerfing call-ins, I would make the basic tech structure its vehicles a more attractive choice to go for. Making call-ins cheaper for players who already teched up could be an good idea aswell.

As far as I know Relic is aware of the call-in meta and is working on fixing it. I'd rather see a deliberate solution than a hotfix which causes other problems instead.
28 Sep 2014, 10:57 AM

All I can see here is "lets destroy whatever allies have left reliable in favor of axis superior stock armor and heavy call-ins that can't be spammed anyway", not a hotfix for anything.
28 Sep 2014, 11:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2014, 10:57 AMKatitof
All I can see here is "lets destroy whatever allies have left reliable in favor of axis superior stock armor and heavy call-ins that can't be spammed anyway", not a hotfix for anything.

It's a hotfix for the bug that sometimes causes the searching counter to not show 100% axis.
28 Sep 2014, 11:15 AM

They could always just slow down the CP counts as well I think, so that way it makes it much more difficult to hold your lines with just standard T1/T2 units without teching for a duration of time.

Only down side to this is the possibility of losing early gameplay diversity due to it effectively slowing down the timings of 1-3 CP times of call in units.

Making teching more attractive through increasing the effectiveness of these units over call-ins is the way to go though.
28 Sep 2014, 14:41 PM

Just nerfing call-ins and not fixing the underlying problem would make the game worse.

Like I said: it is supposed to bridge the time until they finally fix the underlying problem. And it would fit in perfectly with Relics new approach "instead of fixing things, let's just nerf things" aka new OKW muni rate. :snfCHVGame:
28 Sep 2014, 14:43 PM

They could always just slow down the CP counts as well I think, so that way it makes it much more difficult to hold your lines with just standard T1/T2 units without teching for a duration of time.

Only down side to this is the possibility of losing early gameplay diversity due to it effectively slowing down the timings of 1-3 CP times of call in units.

Making teching more attractive through increasing the effectiveness of these units over call-ins is the way to go though.

Well, CPs are fine I think. Having T34/85, Tigers & co. arrive even later is maybe too much of a nerf.
28 Sep 2014, 15:56 PM

I think I would support using CP to delay the arrival of call-in armour, either by increasing CP costs or slowing CP accumulation. At the moment, the window for non-doctrinal, medium armour to be effective is quite small - if you are playing Ostheer vs. call-in Soviets for example, teching to get P4s is somewhat unattractive because relatively speaking, you probably don't have very long before T34/85s or ISUs hit the field and invalidate your resource investment. Delaying these call-ins would punish strategies based around holding out for call-ins by causing them to really struggle once their opponent has armour and they don't.

That said, in practice this would be a big nerf to Soviets, who hardly deserve it at the moment. So other adjustments would have to be made.
28 Sep 2014, 16:03 PM

YEEEEES STEPHEN I'm SO WITH YOU ON THIS ONE.

Or have more CP's and get heavies to 20 CP or so.
28 Sep 2014, 20:48 PM

Increasing CPs only addresses the symptoms, not the underlying causes which cause call-ins to be largely favourable over regular doctrinal units. Problems include fuel investment to get non-doc equivalents, the non-doc equivalent not as good per cost as call-in, the timing (build time), or deficiency in the faction itself (e.g., Soviets have no highly mobile hard AT).
1 Oct 2014, 14:30 PM

It sure is no final solution, but at least will makes things a little better.

I knew you were a Nazi :D

On topic though, I think this would kill Soviets because they have no decent armor in their nondoctrinal roster. Having to wait longer for the ISU or IS2 would really hurt. Ostheer and OKW would crush the Soviets (more than they already do now :( ) Ostheer can just bring out a Panther that will pwn T34/76 and SU85. OKW would probably run amok due to schreck spam defeating all nondocttinal vehicles
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★