Login

russian armor

Is there any point playing as US

28 Sep 2014, 00:47 AM

Really. What is the advantage of playing as yanks? Why not just go for the Soviets if you want to play allies.

Airborne - Shocks come earlier and have the same role
Pathfinders - Crappier snipers
Wolverine - lol
Jackson - Why not just have ISU that rapes both infantry and tanks aswell. Might aswell go for the twin T34/85s
Sherman - T34 does the same thing and does not have the stupid ammo switching. Also comes way earlier.
Zooks - Would be nice, if they could penetrate any decent tank.
28 Sep 2014, 00:53 AM

Hey now, this isn't fair. Riflemen are superior to conscripts.
28 Sep 2014, 00:55 AM

I haven't noticed any significant difference between performance of rifles or conscripts. In fact, I'm wondering why I'm paying more for rifles while they seem to perform similarly to scripts
28 Sep 2014, 00:58 AM

Permanently Banned
u forgot to mention

preist is "ok"

paras hit mp income to hard

BARS are trash

and in 4v4's the only way for an all USF team to win. is for everyone to go airborne, spam muni caches. and spam the hell out of p47's
28 Sep 2014, 01:07 AM

Indeed. Why would I get Priest instead of B4? Why would I get paras that have a chance to die in dropzone while my enemy can spawn dudes from ambient buildings with no risk?

Also why would I get unmanned crappy AT gun while I could get Zis with barrage instead. Infact, why would I build US atgun anyway, that thing is just crap.
28 Sep 2014, 01:09 AM

You can win on some 1v1 maps with lots of buildings. If you have rifle company that is.
28 Sep 2014, 01:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2014, 01:07 AMZtormi
Indeed. Why would I get Priest instead of B4? Why would I get paras that have a chance to die in dropzone while my enemy can spawn dudes from ambient buildings with no risk?

Also why would I get unmanned crappy AT gun while I could get Zis with barrage instead. Infact, why would I build US atgun anyway, that thing is just crap.

Because if you have B4, it will be roflstomped by recon + stuka.
Paras are awesome with double M1919

Also, priest trash? lol, dat accuracy
28 Sep 2014, 01:45 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

USF AT gun is amazing. Yes USF needs buffs but cmon now.
28 Sep 2014, 01:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2014, 01:45 AMRomeo

I find it even more amazing how it seems to bounce off of everything. :/
28 Sep 2014, 01:58 AM

Permanently Banned

:rofl:
28 Sep 2014, 02:09 AM

The 70 range and long LOS is truely amazing.
28 Sep 2014, 02:16 AM

The USF AT gun is really good, it's just an ammo sink which really sucks for a faction with plenty of other ammo sinks
28 Sep 2014, 02:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2014, 02:09 AMPorygon

The 70 range and long LOS is truely amazing.

Doesn't really matter when it can't penetrate any decent tanks. Haven't really taken the LOS into account but perhaps the "antitank gun" could work as a scouting unit.
28 Sep 2014, 02:49 AM

Not sure what answers you are looking for in this thread, but I'm bored so here goes:
Riflemen are stronger than conscripts, i don't know why anyone would think otherwise, they are currently the strongest mainline infantry in the game, if you go 1v1 with ostheer grens or volksgrenadiers, you should win at pretty much all ranges if both squads have equal cover and no weapon upgrade.
Try getting the 1919 lmg, they are really strong long range weapons (same goes for paras). The grenade upgrade is extremely helpful for riflemen, since they get grenades and SMOKE. A good smoke grenade can turn a failed advance stopped by an mg into a nice push that will let you capture some points as well as possibly steal an mg, if your opponent doesnt react properly. At vet 1 your riflemen will have an at-grenade, no teching required.

the jackson is non-doctrinal and a very potent antitank vehicle, that can repair itself no matter where you are. sure an isu is nice, but an isu is also slow, they are 2 very different kind of tank destroyers, keep in mind that the isu costs about twice as much and is only available after getting a certain amount of CPs.

as for the sherman, the t34 is not necessarily faster on the field, since you could spend your fuel on a lt and then go straight for the major if you feel the need to rush a medium tank. (I might be wrong here but i never had the impression that the sherman was "too late" when i built it)

pathfinders and snipers are also very different units, since snipers die much easier, and are more expensive as well. pathfinders can help dropping your paras safely and also build beacons, which serve as a mini "maphack" and reinforcement station for your paras. also dont forget, its not like they deal 0 dps in between snipes, like snipers do.

paratroopers do not fill the same roll as shocktroops, sure if you give them thompsons they perform similar, but keep in mind that you can drop them whereever you want. this opens up a whole different level of harassment, since you can drop them in the fog of war, but you can also get quick support for units that are in danger without having to rely on buildings (drop them near your pathfinders or a beacon and you will also have a very small landing zone). again the 1919 lmg is my upgrade of choice, they are good long range weapons that can be very deadly if used right.

i cant argue with you about zooks, i dont think they are very good for their price. same goes for the wolverine, although the wolverine is cheap, it costs as much as a stug-e, so i dont think you can expect that much from it in the first place.

other than that i enjoy a lot of other units with usf, here are some of my favorite units that you could try out:

the m20: a nice rush vehicle that can harass enemy infantry without any kind of manpower bleed in the early/mid game. the vehicle crew comes with a bazooka which can come in handy in certain situations. it has smoke to get out of trouble and, maybe the most valuable feature, it can lay anti tank mines similar to the riegel mine. those mines will make any enemy tank that drives over it UNABLE TO MOVE, so you can finish it off easily.

if you dont like the m20 you might wanna go for

the AA-HT: I'm sure you have already seen this unit in action, it can be very devastating to enemy infantry, and can also kill bunkers, even finish off wounded pumas and it makes short work of any light vehicle your enemy might have on the field.
and yet again do not forget, like any other usf vehicle it has a vehicle crew, this means repairs are always where your vehicle is, this is extremely valuable. with veterancy the vehicle crews can even repair crits, like a damaged engine this can save your vehicle even if you overextended with it and your enemy managed to get a faust off.

the m8 "scott" howitzer tank: i like this vehicle because it provides you with very mobile indirect fire. try getting the captain for at support and get 2 of those babies, before getting a jackson out. if you have 2 of them on the field they pose a very real threat to both enemy infantry and structures (they also do some damage vs enemy vehicles but that is better left to your jacksons). if you play the captain you can hold enemy armor at bay with at-guns if needed. since you dont like them i will also tell you this: use their armor piercing round ability and they will be much more useful than you think. once they are vetted they perform pretty good without them as well.
i would only recommend getting scotts, if you have the resource advantage from a strong early/mid game though.

having said all this, the balance is still debatable, which faction is the strongest in 1v1? 2v2? bigger teamgames? sure axis might dominate teamgames, but does it stop me from playing usf in 4v4? no. i play all factions equally and i can make all of them work to a certain extent.
also compared to the stale soviet "meta", usf is a welcome change for me, so i think they are far from useless.
hope you found what you were looking for, or at least somebody found this to be helpful ;)
28 Sep 2014, 02:55 AM

Yes, of course there is a reason to play USF.

Fast queue times and you only own Western Fronts Kappa
28 Sep 2014, 03:06 AM

I'm sorry to say this, but if you really haven't noticed the difference between the performance of Conscripts and Riflemen, you are provably doing it wrong. Take a look at the stats if you want proof. Or better yet, load up a custom game US vs. Soviets and see for yourself.

US may be in need of some help right now, but lets not pretend they have nothing going for them. Shermans, Jacksons, M20, the US AT gun, Rifles and Paras are all great units that are highly effective in the right hands. In my view, the problem with US is really one or two pretty small early game issues that are having a disproportionate effect on games (notable example, Kubel vs OKW). Most of the faction is absolutely fine.
28 Sep 2014, 03:39 AM

No USA is the most boring faction on the face of this planet, its garbage, at least the coh 1 American faction was fun but this is just so boring, I have no at all with the US, Its rifles, Shermans/Jackson's don't win in 15 mins GG...
28 Sep 2014, 06:39 AM

Permanently Banned
First off. rifles are way better then cons

Usf needs to priest to be non-doc (also decrease price)

Usf needs more infrantry variety. (instead of adding more infrantry, it would make more sense to have the option to make as many captian and lieutenant as a player wants)

Usf needs some sort of elite infantry in the t4 building (that perform equally to paras)

57mm need massive pen buff

pershing...

If you have seen usf 4v4 win rate. you would no why....
raw
28 Sep 2014, 07:06 AM

Just play OKW and lolrally a Sturmpio and a Kübel onto the cutoff point and laugh manically as the American wipes his entire manpower.
28 Sep 2014, 07:38 AM

First off. rifles are way better then cons

Usf needs to priest to be non-doc (also decrease price)

Usf needs more infrantry variety. (instead of adding more infrantry, it would make more sense to have the option to make as many captian and lieutenant as a player wants)

Usf needs some sort of elite infantry in the t4 building (that perform equally to paras)

57mm need massive pen buff

pershing...

If you have seen usf 4v4 win rate. you would no why....

I disagree with you about priest being shit. If you had a brain you would remember that Relic said howitzers perform better the closer they are. If you are using it at max range good luck hitting something without veterency.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★