Login

russian armor

Strategies around Encirclement Doctrine

27 Sep 2014, 21:14 PM

Now, Encirclement seems like it could add some fresh ideas to Ostheer play.

Any good stuff you people have been coming up with?
28 Sep 2014, 15:49 PM

It is really map dependent, so any strategies would have to be based off of certain maps. It is really good on Semoisky.
28 Sep 2014, 16:31 PM

It is really map dependent, so any strategies would have to be based off of certain maps. It is really good on Semoisky.

That makes sense, of course. Still, I was wondering if the Stormtroopers and improved mobility could be used to play the game in a different way than the usual Ostheer defensive/counter-attacking style.

Also, Semoisky? How so? Using Stormtroopers from any of the many, many buildings seems nice, but Close the Pocket seems a bit more useless on that map.
28 Sep 2014, 18:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2014, 16:31 PMGneckes

That makes sense, of course. Still, I was wondering if the Stormtroopers and improved mobility could be used to play the game in a different way than the usual Ostheer defensive/counter-attacking style.

Also, Semoisky? How so? Using Stormtroopers from any of the many, many buildings seems nice, but Close the Pocket seems a bit more useless on that map.

Stormtroopers do create some interesting opportunities, because they give Ostheer a good way to deal with AT guns and such (spawn nearby, use Grenade).

The Sprint ability is kind of nice, but in practice I find it less useful than it might seem because as Ostheer you are still relying on support teams, and so use of sprint on the offensive is limited by the fact that, in particular, you still need to wait for your Paks to get into position. It does have some nice small uses, such as getting Grens into good firing spots faster. Its also amazing on PGrens.

Semoskiy is good because it has a lot of buildings to spawn Stormtroopers out of, and its possible to cut-off very large sections of the map by decapping just 1 or 2 points, making Close the Pocket viable to use (on some maps, its almost impossible to get it to work).
29 Sep 2014, 00:47 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Try sprint on the Ost sniper, it is very fun to play with. I assume you are talking about 1v1, and close the pocket and the stuka strike will never be very viable to use. I don't see much use with this doctrine in 1v1 besides using sprint to the best of your ability and maybe using stormtroopers, but they aren't really that good if you compare them to PGrens.
29 Sep 2014, 01:10 AM

Yes indeed, I was talking about 1v1. I seem to have a hard time deciding on doctrines to play anyway (Tiger doesn't really rock my boat. I realise it's quite powerful, but I like infantry play much more than tank play, and would argue that i'm better with the former) so Encirclement seemed interesting.

Well, guess at least I'll save some money this way?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight