Login

russian armor

Can relic modify OKW's panther to Ausf.G?

27 Sep 2014, 19:15 PM

Because as describe in the game,OKW is the late war German army.And the most panther in this period(for example the incoming Ardennes Assault) are typeG.In my opinion that will make the game more historical:).
The diffenerce between PantherA(the current model in game) and PantherG are shown below.
Panther Ausf.A

Panther Ausf.G(early version)

Panther Ausf.G(late version)
27 Sep 2014, 19:19 PM

Yes, indeed.
BTW the ostheer should have the Panther ausf.D instead of the Panther ausf. A.
27 Sep 2014, 19:44 PM

I seriously doubt relic is going to waste time on unnecessary cosmetic changes. Modelers are probably busy working on completely new units.
27 Sep 2014, 20:29 PM

Totally agree, they imported COH1 models.....they should at least do some modification. Can't imagine German still produce/operate large quantities of Panther A during Ardennes........
27 Sep 2014, 20:51 PM

I really dont see that much of a change in the design, so that it would be worth to remodel the unit... Can anyone pinpoimt me to any mayor differences? :O
27 Sep 2014, 21:20 PM

I really dont see that much of a change in the design, so that it would be worth to remodel the unit... Can anyone pinpoimt me to any mayor differences? :O

I'm no expert but from what I can tell by looking:

Ausf. A - G Early:
1. Driver port on glacis removed.
2. Hull MG on glacis reworked.
3. Driver / Gunner hatch design reworked.
4. Squares and circles on the turret top (?).
5. Rear smaller exhaust panels.

G Early to G Late:
1. More squads and circles on the turret top (?).
2. Commander's copula simplified.
3. Slightly enlarged fan (rear)
4. Exhaust pipe covers added.
27 Sep 2014, 21:21 PM

I see no difference whatsoever...
Edit:And if they are,sorry,but they are too much alike
27 Sep 2014, 21:46 PM

Concerning the Panther in-game, it looks like a mish-mash of several types. The Hull is based off the Ausf A Hull, while the Turret is based off the Early Ausf G. Dispite this, the Hull MG is based off the Ausf G while the Commander's Copula is based off the late Ausf G. And the rear, I don't know what model it's based off of, but it's unfeatured and has an exhaust with 3 pipes on the center-left and one pipe on the center-right. Interstingly, the OKW Panther is referred to as an Ausf. G in the stats (panther_sdkfz_171_ausf_g_mp).

All that aside, don't expect it to be fixed, they don't care about the picky details that much. The Wehrmacht Panzer IV borrows features from several models, it's most likely meant to be a Panzer IV Ausf G though. On the other hand, the OKW Panzer IV Ausf J is modeled entirely after a Panzer IV Ausf H.
28 Sep 2014, 05:48 AM

28 Sep 2014, 08:32 AM

I seriously doubt relic is going to waste time on unnecessary cosmetic changes. Modelers are probably busy working on completely new units.

Yeah probably you are right,relic will not spend time do this.:(
29 Sep 2014, 15:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2014, 05:48 AMHitman5
Ausf. F

fav German tank +1, would donate 50USD for anyone made a multiplayer-compatible model swap.
30 Sep 2014, 17:16 PM

I'm no expert but from what I can tell by looking:

Ausf. A - G Early:
1. Driver port on glacis removed.
2. Hull MG on glacis reworked.
3. Driver / Gunner hatch design reworked.
4. Squares and circles on the turret top (?).
5. Rear smaller exhaust panels.

G Early to G Late:
1. More squads and circles on the turret top (?).
2. Commander's copula simplified.
3. Slightly enlarged fan (rear)
4. Exhaust pipe covers added.

You forgot the gun mantlet changed in Panther G late. It has a 'chin' sticking out because the previously curved gun mantlet deflected shells downwards into the roof of the hull killing the driver.
30 Sep 2014, 23:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2014, 17:16 PMsteel

You forgot the gun mantlet changed in Panther G late. It has a 'chin' sticking out because the previously curved gun mantlet deflected shells downwards into the roof of the hull killing the driver.

you mean shell trap, and yes I'd like the late G version as well, of course a F version will be indeed more welcome
1 Oct 2014, 10:27 AM

May be just me but when I think about all the things that the devs NEED to do to improve CoH2, the Panther variant skin is so far down the list it may as well not be there...
1 Oct 2014, 10:42 AM

With all the problems this game has you want the devs to waste time on a cosmetics difference only you know ?????????? :snfCHVGame:
1 Oct 2014, 18:37 PM

Relic did a lot of copy and paste from previous game, at least they should fix something before they put in the game (I understand the late-2012 relic's situation) but things are getting better, they should revise their models since they can.
1 Oct 2014, 19:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Oct 2014, 18:37 PMUGBEAR
Relic did a lot of copy and paste from previous game, at least they should fix something before they put in the game (I understand the late-2012 relic's situation) but things are getting better, they should revise their models since they can.

It's very noticeable if you compare the Wehrmacht Panzer IV to the OKW Panzer IV, or the Wehrmatch StG to the OKW StG, or the old American MG's with the new American MG's.

6 Oct 2014, 14:15 PM

It's very noticeable if you compare the Wehrmacht Panzer IV to the OKW Panzer IV, or the Wehrmatch StG to the OKW StG, or the old American MG's with the new American MG's.

therefore why they just don't remodel the panther to G variant sigh
6 Oct 2014, 14:19 PM

I would absolutely love to see Ostheer and Soviet stuff remodelled to OKW and USF stuff after AA, it probably would not take long.

However with my MG42 LMG bug it probably will never happen...
7 Oct 2014, 00:08 AM

Well several of CoH2's models are just updated' versions of old CoH1 models, these are mostly in the Ostheer faction. The updates are mostly increased polycount (less sharp edges) and small changes or additions. These are:

Soviet M5 Half-Track (American M3 Half-Track)
Wehrmacht Panzer IV Ausf. G (Wehrmacht Panzer IV Ausf. J)
Wehrmacht Ostwind (Wehrmacht Ostwind, duh)
Wehrmacht Panther (Wehrmacht Panther, again)
Wehrmacht 221/222 (Panzer Elite Scout Car / Armoured Car)

Due to the whole THQ fiasco, it's possible they ran out of time and instead of creating new models, just used slightly updated old ones. Several other vehicles (250 Half-Track, 251 Half-Track, Tiger, etc) appear to have new models or at least heavily updated to the point where the old resemblance is gone, and the rest are new, having either not appeared in Coh1 or appearing in WFA (all new models).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★