Login

russian armor

Patch is up, Kubel is slightly nerfed

25 Sep 2014, 17:51 PM

Omg only the kubel needed tweaking.

-Resources

Munition rate from 100% to 80%

The Allied Tear Effort has proven victorious once again.
Just kidding, I think it should be ok, as it was OKW had a tad too much munitions. You rarely had to make meaningful decisions with your munition spending, which is weird considering they are the faction that should feel most strapped for ressources.
25 Sep 2014, 17:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2014, 17:44 PMAbdul
how is it that it:

and

Caught it. Fixed - the kubel gains more DPS from far because of new higher accuracy.
25 Sep 2014, 17:59 PM

suppression nerf sounds a little over the top, doesnt it? o0
25 Sep 2014, 18:09 PM

" Until we are better able to identify and resolve those compounding factors, we are going to revert the munition change to a lower value. "

Half a solution is even worst than no solution. "Until you figured it out" what to do, you could let the OKW economy alone. This way, you will only get further complaints from allied biased players who will say it's not enough and from OKW biased players - like me - who will ask you wtf are you thinking?

So basicaly you will get twice as much complaints as until now.

But the worst thing of all is: "We will continue to work to address the original issues raised by the community", because many of these issues are just whinings solvable by L2P. You better get a proper balance team and stop listen so much to a comunity in wich the quantity of biase is so high. Because if you do listen, you will come like "balance" patches like this one, which is a disgrace. This "balance patch" was like "ok, ok, we give up, we did what you asked, can we back to sleep now?" When you just nerf a faction whithout addressing to at least 80% of real issues of the game, I cannot think otherwise.
25 Sep 2014, 18:13 PM

Well, this patch was like a hot-fix, not true patch. However I like it. Just make Jadgtiger unable to shot through everything and I'm fine.
25 Sep 2014, 18:14 PM
Donator 11

I dont think resource reduction or any balancing based on 3v3 and 4v4 is good for the game.
25 Sep 2014, 18:15 PM

The paying customers whom bought this game for the larger game modes would argue otherwise.
25 Sep 2014, 18:16 PM

is this patch a joke ? i am not laughing....

what about the mg retreat bug ?
what about the stuck in place retreat bug ?
what about units forgetting orders when damage is received ?
etc etc etc
25 Sep 2014, 18:18 PM

I dont think resource reduction or any balancing based on 3v3 and 4v4 is good for the game.

It was a noticeable problem in 1v1 as well.
25 Sep 2014, 18:18 PM

Great, so now OKW will have no counter for Snipers anymore again, but apparently this is not something Relic sees a need to fix immediately.

The munition nerf makes no sense to me either, if OKW is strong then not because of their munition, but Relic say themselves they just have no clue yet what to do so they do "something", so I guess we have to take it as it is.

But here you have now proof that Relic will also balance the game to some extent to team games and not just 1on1.
25 Sep 2014, 18:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2014, 18:09 PMJohnnyB
" Until we are better able to identify and resolve those compounding factors, we are going to revert the munition change to a lower value. "

Half a solution is even worst than no solution. "Until you figured it out" what to do, you could let the OKW economy alone. This way, you will only get further complaints from allied biased players who will say it's not enough and from OKW biased players - like me - who will ask you wtf are you thinking?

So basicaly you will get twice as much complaints as until now.

But the worst thing of all is: "We will continue to work to address the original issues raised by the community", because many of these issues are just whinings solvable by L2P. You better get a proper balance team and stop listen so much to a comunity in wich the quantity of biase is so high. Because if you do listen, you will come like "balance" patches like this one, which is a disgrace. This "balance patch" was like "ok, ok, we give up, we did what you asked, can we back to sleep now?" When you just nerf a faction whithout addressing to at least 80% of real issues of the game, I cannot think otherwise.

Every 3v3/4v4 player in the world with a shred of integrity will readily admit that this was an absolute necessity.

Even in 2v2, OKW's power dynamic with 100% munitions, considering the costs of many of their abilities, was utterly, absurdly broken.

Besides. If you want 'quantity of Bias', look no further than you. A man so determined to suck on Axis boots you'd rather ignore every scrap of documented history and loudly proclaim your ignorance with statements like 'The Germans has better everything than everyone else all through the war' (Paraphrased, of course). Have you ever tried taking the blinkers off, Johnny?

But getting back on track. The kubel fix was a necessity. I loved it before, it was downright broken afterwards, I'd still use it if it got some further nerfs even now.

The munitions change was probably the easier of two ways to deal with OKW power rush that's been happening lately in terms of abilities and offmaps. The other is a serious overhaul of the costs, utility and scope of their various abilities and upgrades. That would take a lot longer to patch out than simply a munitions reduction. The current fix is a little more messy, but I am absolutely fine with it as a stopgap solution.
25 Sep 2014, 18:29 PM

Im only sad about the 0.5-0.1 accuracy on the move...

With rate of fire decrease, its even worse on the move than before buff.
25 Sep 2014, 18:30 PM

Im excited whether the new kübel is still as königlich as before. If its not, HAIL 2 RELIQ
25 Sep 2014, 18:32 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2014, 18:15 PMNapalm
The paying customers whom bought this game for the larger game modes would argue otherwise.

I didnt bought the game for larger game modes so im arguing now. Balance that Kreygasm
25 Sep 2014, 18:33 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

It is very obvious that they did this patch because they did not have time to do a "real" patch so they just apply some quick fixes to bring balance into a better state. Then they go back to working on new SP, obs mode, etc. I think they are barely making any effort to bugs and balance at all. If anything we should consider ourselves lucky they even bothered with this much.
25 Sep 2014, 18:35 PM
Patrion 15

Even in 1v1 the OKW had more than enough munis for 3+ shrecks, mines, and arty strikes. I pretty much never gave a shit about munis as OKW and it felt kinda silly.
25 Sep 2014, 18:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2014, 18:33 PMRomeo
It is very obvious that they did this patch because they did not have time to do a "real" patch so they just apply some quick fixes to bring balance into a better state. Then they go back to working on new SP, obs mode, etc. I think they are barely making any effort to bugs and balance at all.

That is exactly what I thought.:sealed:
25 Sep 2014, 18:45 PM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2014, 18:33 PMRomeo
It is very obvious that they did this patch because they did not have time to do a "real" patch so they just apply some quick fixes to bring balance into a better state. Then they go back to working on new SP, obs mode, etc. I think they are barely making any effort to bugs and balance at all. If anything we should consider ourselves lucky they even bothered with this much.

The last big balance patch was 10 days ago, and it was massive. I think enough time should be given to let all the changes settle, while using small hotfixes where needed. They are releasing pretty steady patches about once a month which I feel is a good rate. Not sure why a significant balance patch every 2 weeks is desirable. Also, the last patch had a ton of bug fixes, although sadly introduced several more.
25 Sep 2014, 18:47 PM

Permanently Banned
Everything looks good here. Gonna go play some games as USF, hopefully against OKW, will report my findings.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★