Login

russian armor

How the War Spoils actually work?

25 Sep 2014, 11:11 AM

Hey there!

I've been wondering about the war spoils system, does it matter what difficulty level, online, multiplayer, single player skirmish or something else that gets you more war spoils?

I'm at level 60 and i've seen people with so much more war spoils even in lower levels.
25 Sep 2014, 11:20 AM

It's a random dropped based around in-game time isnt it?
25 Sep 2014, 12:38 PM

It's a random dropped based around in-game time isnt it?

So if i play skirmish with easy level all the time, i get same amount and as powerfull war spoils than a player who plays online all the time?
25 Sep 2014, 12:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2014, 11:11 AMFlail84
Hey there!
I'm at level 60 and i've seen people with so much more war spoils even in lower levels.

I don't think you can distinguish items as warspoils, they might have as well just bought them?
25 Sep 2014, 13:33 PM
Donator 11

as far as my experince goes, every hour withozt a drop increases your chance to get a item after the game.
hust play this map against easy AI:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=289219899
its excellent. already got 2 okw commanders today :D
25 Sep 2014, 14:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2014, 12:38 PMFlail84

So if i play skirmish with easy level all the time, i get same amount and as powerfull war spoils than a player who plays online all the time?

As long as you complete the matches (or surrender too I think, that's the way I interpreted it yes. Reading the patch notes a few months back when it was released, it said something along the lines of there are certain in-game time markers (which weren't disclosed) and when they were met you had a chance of a war spoil. Not sure why this sometimes entitles you to more than one - unless there's a similarly reduced chance of a second and then an even smaller chance of a third upon reaching these in-game time markers...

Personally though I think this is the wrong to do it as I agree there should be more of an incentive/reward for competing in auto-matches. The chances of drops should be increased for completing auto match games and possible there chances of getting decent drops should also be increased for this too.

I realise the current system has come about on the back of the short lived CoHO release whereby spoils were only dropped for auto matching and the community forum went mad with comp-stomp players who moaned that they didn't get any drops from playing their preferred gaming mode. Lord knows why they needed elite units for comp stomps though!

The thing is I think this has had an adverse affect on the game, particularly competitively as now there's hardly incentive to play auto matching. I used to love it on CoHO but so far I've not been as enthusiastic about it on CoH2 (more to do with loading times and balance issues thought to be fair), but it was more of an incentive to play competitively previously. I know other layers in our community feel the same too and don't bother with auto matching purely because they dont have to any more.

Id love to see hero units (made a post about this on another suggestion thread over at Relics boards) return or something similar like quality bulletins that were exclusive auto-matching rewards though.
3 Oct 2014, 23:45 PM

OOOH BOX! :) War spoils are just based on time played, game type has no effect.
The only problem I have with the system is the duplicates and I also liked how it used to be (that you could earn bulletins). For example getting a KV8 to vet 3 5 times would give you a bonus to the KV8.
4 Oct 2014, 05:35 AM

War spoils are based on time spent in game and they are granted every 2-3 hours. There is a time limit per game which is 1 hour, so if your game will go over 1 hour it will register as only 1 hour game. It doesn't matter if you play online or versus cpu.
nee
18 Oct 2014, 02:39 AM

It is based on time, at least so says Relic. They apparently have also altered it later on to have the drop favour the faction you are playing, but only by a little bit: about 2/3 of drops I get are related to the faction I play as (as of late, mostly USF).

I have specifically gotten drops when my team surrendered, so yes, surrender or defeat in general DOES contribute to war spoils drops.

Other factors like difficulty and number of players and the map involved are not factors. I for one have been playing pretty much only custom maps and matches vs. AI and I have gotten drops. As far as I am concerned, time is the only thing worth considering.

I have done some math regarding my own drops, so far my best guess is 3-5 games (average 20 minutes per match) is what you need to get before you even start to expect a drop. I have however once played a slew of games, got a drop, and then a single 30min match later got another drop. So far the nature of drops is randomized.

And of course, duplicates are likely to occur. I have FOUR of the same commander.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 23
Peru 6
unknown 9
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %