Login

russian armor

[3v3] P47 spam and anti-air vehicles

24 Sep 2014, 06:31 AM

We are struggling vs late game allies (yeah it sound funny). It's mostly 2 soviets, 1 USF:
- 1st player as soviet usually spam maxims into shock spam or t34-85
- 2nd player as soviet play depends what is needed (m3, cons etc) mostly end up with ISU152
- 3rd player as USF goes airborn, and build up blob of paratroopers with thompson into some sherman (that usually we manage to melt) and p47.

We are able to put heavy push on the start to mid game, but at late game when isu start to roll out, and p47 starting to destroy our panthers, tigers its a uphill fight. My problem is that its goes toe-to-toe until p47 starts to remove our armor. Add Mark target and laugh at mighty KT :)

Question: what amount of AA units we need to beat p47? 2-3 ostwind doesnt cut it, I shot down one plane but on second run two shows up again.
What are good AA units, what are their stats to shoot down a plane? how 222,ostwind or flakHT performs, maybe doctrinal flak bunkers can be helpfull? We also dont want to overinvest in AA departament, since we need tanks to fight isu, shermans and t34.

Its not a balance whine its learn2adapt topic :)
24 Sep 2014, 08:23 AM

When you see the P-47 coming just start driving (probably in reverse so you're aren't driving into AT fire). Most of the rockets will miss.
25 Sep 2014, 16:52 PM

Elephants and particularly Jagdtigers are lovely due to their insane range. Just spot way ahead for them Either will easily demolish an ISU152. Furthermore, since you can keep these tanks well behind the main line (and away from your other units), the US player has to waste a lot of resources to use the P47 run on just one tank, which they probably will not destroy unless they can break through your main line with Jacksons as well.

Jagdtigers are the strongest unit in the game stat-wise. They have the most range and the strongest front armor and one of the highest damage outputs.
25 Sep 2014, 22:41 PM
Patrion 310

Jagdtigers are overrated and primary useful against ISU152 in team games. A single soviet player that skip higher tech with maybe a couple of fuel caches can get 4 x T34/85 before OKW even get a jagdtiger at 13 CP. If that happens its pretty much gg and even if OKW get out the jagdtiger it can get shell shocked pretty easily by flanking tanks.
A KT with vet1 blitz are a much safer late game build imo and can deal with all soviet call-in tanks + infantry before 13 CP and not as vulnerable to flanking tanks.

Not saying Jagdtigers is a bad unit but its definately not a safe build that will work against all doctrines. Yes high level top100 players can usually get away saving for a jagdtiger in team games but many players wont even surrive until 13 CP if playing against aggressive allied players.

Yes the P47 is a good counter to axis heavy armor but since all USF tanks except E8 tanks are made out of tin foil? thats only fair. USF are the most micro intensive faction late game and the P47 help even the playing field. Maybe Axis need a few buff to AA but that about it. If the P47 get nerfed there are not any good reason to play USF in teams and then axis teams has to deal with 100% soviet team abuse all day long. hf with that.
26 Sep 2014, 14:43 PM

For the team games that the OP was referring to, getting one player to focus toward a Jagdtiger would be a good counter strategy. I agree that they are rarely viable in 1v1 situations. But with 3v3, two players can build Mark IVs and Panthers while the third focuses on infantry and then pops out a JT as soon as they hit 13cp. I think it is a pretty safe build as long as the team works together to make sure the flanks are protected.

The OP seemed to be having trouble with P47s and ISU 152s. If you can last long enough to see those, but not be able to hang on until 13 CP something else is wrong I think.

28 Sep 2014, 19:02 PM

JagdTiger can lock down a sector in AT department and thats all, if your opponent is smart he will just ignore it and move his armor (mostly t34-85 blob) to other part of map, leaving your JagdTiger an expensive piece of metal - while on other hand ISU is good AI and AT, and hold back both type of units.

But this is not the case ... i have problem against top teams (top1-20) using it as combine arms of t34-85, isu and p47. A good push with t34-85 and p47 + mark target can devastate any axis armor, i know that We did it many times :)

My question was about AA capabilities/stat wise, if countering p47 is not possible (except reverse the tank) then we need to come up with other way to win the game by living with p47.
28 Sep 2014, 19:36 PM

I assume you play 2 OKW and 1 Ostheer and not the weaker combo with just having 1 OKW player. OKW T4 shots down any plane easily. Just add one Ostwind to the mix and you are all set. Just think about where the Ostwind is compared to the P47s. Here you have a replay of an Ostwind that shot down 15 planes: http://www.coh2.org/replay/24612/rank-2-vs-rank-4

JagdTiger is the hardest counter you can get to an ISU152. IMO what you just described is not the strongest strategy at the moment. ISU + B4 + P47 is even stronger.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★