Login

russian armor

Relic, Sir, Are you high? (Pack Howie)

24 Sep 2014, 03:40 AM

24 Sep 2014, 03:53 AM

95 reinforcement cost, working as intended
24 Sep 2014, 03:55 AM

Permanently Banned
Pretty sure it's 45 or 50MP to reinforce as USF, but even that isridiculous. Not to mention it's base price of 480MP. I'd really like to see it get a price reduction and perhaps a performance adjustment that makes it more reliable and consistent (I.e. less squadwiping/instagibs, more splash dmg with higher accuracy).
24 Sep 2014, 04:04 AM

What kills me even more than the 480 MP cost (which is ridiculous) is the 11 popcap. That's insane for how this unit performs. It is incredibly hit or miss. Sometimes it actually hits stuff and kills three models, most times it just seems to miss. Auto fire range is also really short until vet 3.

With the the inconsistency and cost of the Pack Howie, and the terrible accuracy of the Mortar Halftrack, USF arty is basically Priest or GTFO.
24 Sep 2014, 04:10 AM

What kills me even more than the 480 MP cost (which is ridiculous) is the 11 popcap. That's insane for how this unit performs. It is incredibly hit or miss. Sometimes it actually hits stuff and kills three models, most times it just seems to miss. Auto fire range is also really short until vet 3.

With the the inconsistency and cost of the Pack Howie, and the terrible accuracy of the Mortar Halftrack, USF arty is basically Priest or GTFO.

Both, ISG and Pack Howie is a joke. :facepalm:
24 Sep 2014, 04:12 AM
Donator 11

Pack howitzers don't get the half off manpower on reinforce. It's a bug that's existed since the release of WFA. It's completely worth it if you can vet it though.

24 Sep 2014, 04:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 04:10 AMPorygon

Both, ISG and Pack Howie is a joke. :facepalm:

Yes they both suck.

At least OKW gets Stuka though.
24 Sep 2014, 04:31 AM

Pack howitzers don't get the half off manpower on reinforce. It's a bug that's existed since the release of WFA. It's completely worth it if you can vet it though.

Even 95 isn't half, right?
24 Sep 2014, 04:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 04:31 AMPorygon

Even 95 isn't half, right?

The 95 reinforce cost makes me think you stole it with Falls, right?

Well the way reinforcing works is that the squad has a "cost" that may or may not be the same as the purchase cost of the squad. For example: Obersoldaten squad cost is 400, so 100 per man. Rifles is 280, so 56 per man. Falls is 380 (the extra 60 manpower being the cost of spawning in a building) so 95 per man.

When you reinforce, the cost is supposed to be one half of the "cost" per man in the squad. So Obers are 50, rifles 28, etc. The Pack Howie is bugged so that you pay the full "cost" per man when you reinforce, when it is supposed to be half.
24 Sep 2014, 05:04 AM

Excellent observation. The last time I played with pack howitzers I noted 56 per man to reinforce, which is still incredibly steep for its price.
24 Sep 2014, 07:15 AM

both Leig and pack howjzer suck, mortars are way better and cheaper.
24 Sep 2014, 07:19 AM

Pack Howitzer is USF's only non-doctrine artillery, and unfortunately it sucks. Costs more than Obersoldaten and 3 barrages won't dislodge an MG 42 from a medium sized building. Don't even think about using it to kill a bunker or trench.
24 Sep 2014, 07:30 AM

I see you have found an allied team weapon! You may also enjoy Soviet ML-20/B-4 howitzer (100% reinforce cost, starting squad cost per man 60).
24 Sep 2014, 07:51 AM

Permanently Banned
it is a howitzer, nor an infantry . What is your problem? Dont lose models, that is it. Plus it works with 3 man as i see.
24 Sep 2014, 07:56 AM

This unit is unpredictable. One time it can get over 30 kills, and in next game it will not get even 8.
It's very expensive, very risky but also very high rewarding (but fortunately it will reward you very, very rarely).
24 Sep 2014, 07:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 07:51 AMakosi
it is a howitzer, nor an infantry . What is your problem? Dont lose models, that is it. Plus it works with 3 man as i see.

You do realize the pack howitzer has less range than even the basic mortars for its autofire? It has 10 more range than the USF vet1 atgun.
24 Sep 2014, 08:02 AM

Pack howi really need to hit more often.
24 Sep 2014, 08:10 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

This unit needs a lot of love. Why is the auto-fire range so limiting? It needs to at least match other mortars.
24 Sep 2014, 08:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 07:51 AMakosi

3 men is the minimum. You need to pay for six to have a full crew. It's silly.

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 08:10 AMOhme
This unit needs a lot of love. Why is the auto-fire range so limiting? It needs to at least match other mortars.

That is honestly the bit that bugs me the most. You cannot leave it as indirect fire support with occasional priority barrages, because it has to be alarmingly close to the front lines to do so. The range is truly abysmal for such an expensive, slow, un-retreatable unit.

It already has a slower RoF and accuracy that the LeIG. Why does it also need to demand babysitting every five seconds to target barrages or be worthless?

I accept that they wanted a thing with longer barrage range than autofire. That's fine, that's cool! But jesus christ, they did it wrong. Buff the range to the same as the IG, slap a much longer cooldown onto the barrage and up the range of that by about 10-20%.

Otherwise, the unit is just too micro demanding, too vulnerable, and too expensive to be worth anything. As if the LeIG wasn't expensive enough.
24 Sep 2014, 09:50 AM

3 men is the minimum. You need to pay for six to have a full crew. It's silly.

That is honestly the bit that bugs me the most. You cannot leave it as indirect fire support with occasional priority barrages, because it has to be alarmingly close to the front lines to do so. The range is truly abysmal for such an expensive, slow, un-retreatable unit.

It already has a slower RoF and accuracy that the LeIG. Why does it also need to demand babysitting every five seconds to target barrages or be worthless?

I accept that they wanted a thing with longer barrage range than autofire. That's fine, that's cool! But jesus christ, they did it wrong. Buff the range to the same as the IG, slap a much longer cooldown onto the barrage and up the range of that by about 10-20%.

Otherwise, the unit is just too micro demanding, too vulnerable, and too expensive to be worth anything. As if the LeIG wasn't expensive enough.

Both ISG and Pack Howie need 100 manpower decrease IMO, they are both worse than 120MM, but more expensive, making no sense.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★