Login

russian armor

Axis and Allied top Gunners

22 Sep 2014, 06:21 AM

Why does the top gunner for the German tanks cost 50 muni while for the Sherman and the like it costs 70?
I know that the Germans had "alot" more weaponry than the allies but seriously?
22 Sep 2014, 06:22 AM

the American ones are better, they are better at killing infantry than the german ones i believe.
22 Sep 2014, 06:24 AM

the American ones are better

In killing terms the MG42 on the German tanks seems alot more effective versus inf.
22 Sep 2014, 06:28 AM

In killing terms the MG42 on the German tanks seems alot more effective versus inf.

On most occasions I don't see my tanks as germans with the top gunners be able to finish off squads better than the american top gunners. I usually do finish off the squads though due to my P4 reload bulletins that I stack. Here's an example: 2 shrecked volks walk up to 2 priests and they get annihilated by the 50 cal gunners.
22 Sep 2014, 06:35 AM

On most occasions I don't see my tanks as germans with the top gunners be able to finish off squads better than the american top gunners. I usually do finish off the squads though due to my P4 reload bulletins that I stack. Here's an example: 2 shrecked volks walk up to 2 priests and they get annihilated by the 50 cal gunners.

Shrecked volks get annihilated by two priests? Im starting to wonder what game are you refering to.
22 Sep 2014, 06:38 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

http://www.coh2-stats.com/small_arms/mg42_turret_mounted_pziv_mp
http://www.coh2-stats.com/small_arms/sherman_m10_m36_m2hb_50cal_mounted_tank_mp

Top gunners for ostheer have more dps but USF has more penetration.
I know what I prefer but if you fighty a lot of light vehicles might be handy :p
22 Sep 2014, 06:39 AM

Shrecked volks get annihilated by two priests? Im starting to wonder what game are you refering to.

Like the mobile artillery gun. It comes with the 50 cal top gunner.
22 Sep 2014, 06:41 AM

Like the mobile artillery gun. It comes with the 50 cal top gunner.

I know to what unit you are referign to, but they simply cant stand up to nothing serious without their barrage. Not even vs Infantry, especially with Shrecks. Maybe if they are low health.
22 Sep 2014, 06:42 AM

well i did use alittle focus fire :P
22 Sep 2014, 06:58 AM

I know what I prefer but if you fighty a lot of light vehicles might be handy :p

MG-42 can do up to 2x the DPS of the USF 50 cal

MG-42 costs 50 muni and 50 cal costs 70 muni

<444>_<444>
22 Sep 2014, 07:16 AM

I think it is more that Relic hasn't gotten around to rebalancing the old factions in line with the new ones in upgrade cost, or vice versa. I mean when you think about it I don't think any of the OKW tanks have a MG upgrade other then maybe the P4 elite call in, but i have never used it to see. In the end I think it will be fixed later down the road after some bigger balance problems have been changed. I mean a con and a gred still cost the same 240 MP lol and the con cost more to fully reinforce back up at 100mp to 90mp. -_-
22 Sep 2014, 07:19 AM

I think it is more that Relic hasn't gotten around to rebalancing the old factions in line with the new ones in upgrade cost, or vice versa. I mean when you think about it I don't think any of the OKW tanks have a MG upgrade other then maybe the P4 elite call in, but i have never used it to see. In the end I think it will be fixed later down the road after some bigger balance problems have been changed. I mean a con and a gred still cost the same 240 MP lol and the con cost more to fully reinforce back up at 100mp to 90mp. -_-

Panther and King Tiger both have top gunner upgrades
22 Sep 2014, 07:26 AM
Patrion 15

Keep in mind german squad sizes are smaller
22 Sep 2014, 07:45 AM

Panther and King Tiger both have top gunner upgrades

I stand corrected. Still the 50 mun cost?
22 Sep 2014, 11:39 AM

KT mg costs 70 I think. Panther 60.
22 Sep 2014, 11:54 AM

The best top gun is the soviet one, the DSHK.
but that is balaned cause it is only the IS-2 and ISU-152.
http://www.coh2-stats.com/small_arms/dshk_38_pintle_mounted_tank_mp
22 Sep 2014, 12:12 PM

Oh yea, because these shermans struggle against Kubels and 222 and really need more penetration with less DPS then almost 50% cheaper axis ones.

No, wait, its because they struggle against axis armored infantry, because all axis units have armor.

Wait...

#reliclogic :snfPeter: :facepalm:

At this point in time I'm about 100% sure that PQ only job is to troll hard and be hated, think of lolcake light but with the ability to actually change things.
22 Sep 2014, 13:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2014, 12:12 PMKatitof

Oh yea, because these shermans struggle against Kubels and 222 and really need more penetration with less DPS then almost 50% cheaper axis ones.

No, wait, its because they struggle against axis armored infantry, because all axis units have armor.

Wait...

#reliclogic :snfPeter: :facepalm:

At this point in time I'm about 100% sure that PQ only job is to troll hard and be hated, think of lolcake light but with the ability to actually change things.

I used to joke that it was a business plan to make a game that gives Wehrmacht/Nazi fanbois a hardon. Weirdly I am now actually starting to believe it.

When one argues about capability disparities the response is "historically this was the case!" When one wants to point out the historical deficiencies of German super-material the response is "this is a game!"

By late 1944 there were no such thing as ubersoldaten. A green US unit would outperform a green German unit, and in the case of US troops who had been in combat they would outperform better equipped green Wehrmacht troops.

If they wanted difference, there would be more similarities in the faction cores (though small differences would definitely stand out) and much bigger differences in the commanders. Artillery is a good example. The German artillery was relatively fast to respond, very accurate, but pretty lightweight in hitting. Russian artillery was very slow to respond (though when timed with an offensive quite timely), not very accurate, but devastating in quantity and damage when it did come. British artillery was quite fast to respond, not as accurate as German artillery, but much more powerful. And US artillery was almost as fast to respond as the British and slightly faster than the German, very accurate (IF maps were available to the troops, which they usually were) and very powerful

(Historical note: The US had ample 105s and 155s attached at the divisional and regimental level as well as some 203mm guns at the corps level. The fire missions and the artillery structure were such that anyone who had heard the fire mission (given in map coordinates and time for it to land) was able to quickly join in regardless of their caliber and position. All they needed was to be in range and have available tubes and ammunition.

"Time on Target" Meant you could have multiple tubes worth of 105, 155, 203, 120mm mortar, 80mm mortar, etc all landing in the same place pretty much AT THE SAME TIME.)
22 Sep 2014, 13:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2014, 13:30 PMAvNY

I used to joke that it was a business plan to make a game that gives Wehrmacht/Nazi fanbois a hardon. Weirdly I am now actually starting to believe it.

When one argues about capability disparities the response is "historically this was the case!" When one wants to point out the historical deficiencies of German super-material the response is "this is a game!"

By late 1944 there were no such thing as ubersoldaten. A green US unit would outperform a green German unit, and in the case of US troops who had been in combat they would outperform better equipped green Wehrmacht troops.

If they wanted difference, there would be more similarities in the faction cores (though small differences would definitely stand out) and much bigger differences in the commanders. Artillery is a good example. The German artillery was relatively fast to respond, very accurate, but pretty lightweight in hitting. Russian artillery was very slow to respond (though when timed with an offensive quite timely), not very accurate, but devastating in quantity and damage when it did come. British artillery was quite fast to respond, not as accurate as German artillery, but much more powerful. And US artillery was almost as fast to respond as the British and slightly faster than the German, very accurate (IF maps were available to the troops, which they usually were) and very powerful

(Historical note: The US had ample 105s and 155s attached at the divisional and regimental level as well as some 203mm guns at the corps level. The fire missions and the artillery structure were such that anyone who had heard the fire mission (given in map coordinates and time for it to land) was able to quickly join in regardless of their caliber and position. All they needed was to be in range and have available tubes and ammunition.

"Time on Target" Meant you could have multiple tubes worth of 105, 155, 203, 120mm mortar, 80mm mortar, etc all landing in the same place pretty much AT THE SAME TIME.)

Relic: But, but...Germans are better at everything.

22 Sep 2014, 13:58 PM

Conspiracy much? D:

I assume it's just a leftover and never really got balanced. There is just too much to do. Keep in mind the asymmetrical balance makes things a bit tricky to compare the strengths. Originally if comparing Soviet and Ostheer you could always state that a German weapon needed more than twice the damage of a Soviet one to make the squads the same in strength. 50% more weapons on the squad and 50% more HP would be 1.5*1.5 so 2.25 the strength, but due to a different damage drop-off it's not exactly that but more around 2.1. With the new factions it's far more complicated as the 4 men vs 6 men squad principle no longer exists.

Regarding the Time on Target artillery. That was damn OP early in development and then got massively nerfed. I feel that Relic prioritises units that are OP to fix than those that are UP. It definitely needs a buff. Originally it was hitting after 2 seconds, twice the amount of shells and in a faster time, while still having minimal scatter. That meant you could reliably oneshot a Jagdtiger as it had no chance to move out of the AoE. ;P
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 37
unknown 29
Mexico 14
Germany 872

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %