Login

russian armor

Usefulnes of the AA Halftrack in 4vs4

21 Sep 2014, 22:24 PM

As the topic states is this vehicle of any use in 4vs4? How do you use it if you do? agressive? or just defensive unit? Help appreciated
22 Sep 2014, 01:06 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

I love this unit in 4v4. For the last few months I have almost always opted to go Captain with Stuart, but have started using the Lieutenant and AA-HT instead. This unit is suited for both agressive play, and defensive play.

It's best use in 4v4 is a mobile suppression platform. At max range you can effectively suppress and kite Volks with Shreks. My AA-HT's generally last into the late game, as I am very careful with them. In the late game it may be vulnerable to tanks, but it is still extremely effective at dealing with flanking units. It can shut down a whole blob on the flank.

If using offensively, carefully micro it so it remains at max range unless you are sure the area is clear. Use Rifleman to spot for it, and pressure MGs, Kubels, and other infantry. If an OKW player builds their medic truck far forward, you have the potential to chase them off before the retreat point is unlocked, and also suppress shreks from max range who may also be defending it.

If it survives to the late game, keep it slightly behind the lines and ready to deal with infantry threats. I prefer to get a Jackson first to cover my AT needs.
22 Sep 2014, 08:18 AM

Thank you Ohme. I will try it out because i am running out of options slowly.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★