Login

russian armor

Match UP USF vs OKW - un-balance concepts

21 Sep 2014, 20:14 PM

Hi everyone,

I went into a couple of games this afternoon and this particular one seems to me really symptomatic of every issue we can found in a USF vs OKW match up. My level isn't that high but I know the game mechanics and so I'am able to defend myself on the map.

Road To Karkof is a map I like, or more precisely I know very well and I have a really clear strategy on it. My BO execution on this map is fluid and I clearly outplayed my opponent.
The game is really short, its end around 8.30 minutes, as he didn't leave I had to go till the final VP countdown.

So I took really easily half of the map, he didn't push me with his Kubel - coming a bit late as 4e unit in my opinion. I gathered my force and took the middle of the map and his cut off. I took that cut of 3 times for maybe 4.30- 5 minutes which is a lot considering the 8.30 minutes game.
So I went T2, enough confident that I took a clear advantage on the fuel battle. and build a M20 at 6 minutes. I rushed his kubel and kill it and had to withdraw because of faust - engine damage and next a mine - half life.
At 8.02 minutes, he is able to build a Puma... With luck (for me) he hits my mine soon after and the game his over around 8.30 minutes.

So in 4 points:

Kubel: He didn't manage to use it but still, impossible to take it before T2 which is crazy, not having a single soft counter based on Munition only. Something that isn't delaying your building order like other factions.
Light At: OKW isn't lacking of any AT to counter our first light armored car. He played really well with his mine and thanks I was dominating so I could pay my skirts and avoid a destruction.
Puma: How could I took more his cut off? Just a 2 minutes windows time between a M20 and a Puma when the player only had access to his fuel resource half of the game time?
Rifle Spam: Before leaving, he called me rifle spammer. I had 4 of them on the field + Lieutenant + RE. I mean, I don't really care if building 4 riflesquads is spamming for him, but what could I have build more? I would like to build 1 or 2 less squads but there is nothing else. all others units on USF side that are fuel free are support units. USF players aren't going to win any game by building them because they are the only units fuel free available. No, you build rifles because you need to pressurize your opponent.

And now, What about if he has been the one dominating? Kubel king of the fiel until he pops a Puma around minute 5-6 and me, nothing to counter any of those units... Just praying RNG gods to let my Zooks hit enough to make them going backward...

21 Sep 2014, 21:45 PM

The main problem about "You are a Rifle spamer" is nothing more then ignorance. You play OKW and you are against US so you think "he will spam Rifles because on the forums they write that SPaming Rifles is GG". And then you also have the lack of any other units to build. Maybe Echelon spam :D
21 Sep 2014, 21:47 PM

And another thing. Today i played 4vs4 as US. My enemy the OKW player wrote to me in advice that "if i dont Blob my RIfles i can counter Kubel easy". He was attacking me with two Kubels and his allies helped him with two Mgs. The lack of options in early US games is rly frustrating.
21 Sep 2014, 21:47 PM

I watched the replay.
Others would say now that USAF is completely OP after watching the first 10 min of the game. But in reality you simply outplayed him and he raged like so many Coh2 players.

But lets just say a "How to destroy the OKW in 10 minutes and make him stop playing" replay is not really a good Idea to show how strong (OP) the OKW is.

And about the early Puma. Lets just pretend he didn`t hit the mine. Than he still would be forced to fight your riflemen at long range to avoid the AT rifle nade. And Pumas are not really scary vs Inf at long range.

And yes Kubel are currently OP, more vs US than Soviets. They need to be fixed.

4 of the core inf units (Grens, Conscripts and Riflemen) is not spam.
More than 5 core inf units is spam and more than 2 support units of the same kind is spam.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★