Login

russian armor

Game idea: Operation Assault

20 Sep 2014, 16:24 PM

At the begining i want to say that i'm not a modder, so don't expect me to bring this idea to life,
by myself but i would appreciate if someone use worldbuilder to do so

So let's get to it:
I want to suggest (yes, i'm talking to you devs.) bringing back some good-old CoH1 gameplay,
and by that i mean Operations.
Especially operation Assault (that one wit hell lot of bunkers and single heroes running left'n'right).

In my opinion it would make very interesting addition to standart multi battles and ocasional ToW Co-op missions.

I wolud love to see it coming back, renovated, with improved graphics, gameplay mechanics and (perhaps) new maps.
The idea could stay basicly the same: Two teams, digged in like it was still WW1, and "minions" rushing
simultaneously from both sides, guided by (up to 4 per side) heroic Squads(!). Yep. Squads, not single soldiers. That's one of changes that (IMO) would make sense.
They wouldn't be Ultra OP as in first game, they should have normal stats, they're suppoosed to be better simply because player controls them, not the AI

With time they might level up. And that's the matter i would like to see diffrent.
In COH1 soldiers simply got better, but qverall do the same thing. I personally would like to see something more like:
all teams would be able to score max 5 stars like OKW, and every lvl up wold somehow affect squad
with single upgrade more, and more determinating their role on battlefield.
Example: Officer can become frontline capitan with boosting auras equipped with SMGs and personal armor OR
support commander issuing airstrikes and establishing forward Fall back positions.

For now i have idea for only four "classes" of squads deployable:

-Assault: Shock troops, nuff said 4-6 people

lvl.1 faster running / more armor
lvl.2 SMG upgrade (mp40->stg, M3->thompson) / LMG
lvl.3 smoke grenade (ability) / reduced suppression effect
lvl.4 incendiary grenade (ability) / sprint (ability)
lvl.5 grenade rain (ability) / suppresive fire while moving forward (ability)

-Recon: like pathfinders/ Light jeager infantry 3-4 squad

lvl.1 longer range / bigger sight
lvl.2 camuflage / sprint (ability)
lvl.3 flare (ability) / faster moving (passive)
lvl.4 bigger squad / lesser squad, but with elite training (automatically better guns)
lvl.5 incendiary bullet (or suppresive shot, not quite sure) / light artillery call (abilitiy)

-Support: like american luteniant/ all around squad/ LMG at start /(maybe AT weapon) 4-5 people

lvl.1 more armor / faster walking
lvl.2 suppresive fire! (ability) / better rifles for long range combat
lvl.3 rifle grenade (ability) / additional LMG
lvl.4 smoke grenade (ability) / defensive position (active skill)
lvl.5 transform into HMG crew (need to be deployed, but auto supress.) / At weapon (bzooka-panzershreck)

-Officer: Buffs, boombs, and arty

lvl.1 recon flight (ability) / more armor
lvl.2 starfing run (ability) / Defensive aura
lvl.3 supply drops (ability) / attack upgrade
lvl.4 hevy artillery (ability, long cooldown) / Offensive buff aura
lvl.5 CHARGE! (breaks suppresion, increased attack ability) / forward fallback point (active skill)

As have i mentioned before, all squads might have diffrent "builds", so no battle would be the same.

If you have better, worse or just diffrent idea, or want to add something, go ahead!
Express your opinon.
the more peoplesee this post,the bigger the chance that devs would actually add it.

28 Sep 2014, 18:36 PM

good idea
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight