Login

russian armor

Base bunkers and

19 Sep 2014, 21:55 PM
Donator 22

Hi all,

A couple of questions. I have no base bunkers or for that matter any of the usual sandbags, towers, searchlights, etc that I need to make it look realistic.

I need to know where to look for these things and how to make the base mg bunkers work. I did find the following (gameplay>bunker_marker for the base defense) pasted them on my map...assigned each bunker to player 1 on the right side base and player 3 on the left side base...but still not showing up.

Oh, another question.

How do I toggle playable map edge? It appears on my map, I can move units around everywhere right up to the very edge which is solid black unlike Relic maps where you see no black border and units are visible while entering the map in a non playable area.

To sum it up...I seem to have no "non playable area" and/or the "non playable area" is currently solid black. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks again in advance!

Edit: Third question. Where do I find splats, items or splines that allow me to place destroyed tanks, armored cars, etc? I tried placing some items from Object Placement> ebps> art ambient> objects> vehicles > wrecked vehicles but when I placed them on the map, they weren't wrecked but were instead running. Unless that is what they are supposed to do...I don't know. Help?!
19 Sep 2014, 23:33 PM

This tutorial covers the map edge...
http://www.coh2.org/topic/10406/how-to-set-up-a-coh2-multiplayer-map

In summary, use the interactive layer tool, to paint a soft edge around the map. When making the map, you must account for this soft edge, and make the playable area slightly larger than what is intended to be playable.

gameplay\bunkermarker is the correct object. Make sure it is assigned to the correct players. Make sure the map is saved, and then exported, to see the changes in game. As for the sandbags...ect, those are all placed objects, or object splines for the sandbag walls, but they can be placed without splines.

That should be the location of the destroyed vehicles. When placing them on the map, they make a running noise. Not all destroyed vehicles show visible damage. As for the SPLAT, I believe under CRATER, is a destroyed vehicle splat, that puts a black stain on the ground.

I HIGHLY recommend taking the day to read/watch all the tutorials, tips, and how to's in the links in my signature. Make you a blank map, so you can pause, and try the subject matter as it is being covered.
19 Sep 2014, 23:36 PM

1. Sounds correct, are they placed the starting territory of the owner?

2.Has to be "painted" using the "interactivity state toll/editor" (one of the tools next to the territory editor), and is painted inside of the playable area from the edge of the playable area between 32m-64m in whit the interactivity state value set to 50.

3. can not check this one at the moment.
20 Sep 2014, 02:55 AM
Donator 22

This tutorial covers the map edge...
http://www.coh2.org/topic/10406/how-to-set-up-a-coh2-multiplayer-map

In summary, use the interactive layer tool, to paint a soft edge around the map. When making the map, you must account for this soft edge, and make the playable area slightly larger than what is intended to be playable.

Thanks. I actually found this tutorial in between asking these questions and reading your response. For some time, it wasn't showing up in my map because....

Make sure it is assigned to the correct players. Make sure the map is saved, and then exported, to see the changes in game.

...I hadn't done this not knowing I had to. This also fixed my base bunker issue.

That should be the location of the destroyed vehicles. When placing them on the map, they make a running noise. Not all destroyed vehicles show visible damage. As for the SPLAT, I believe under CRATER, is a destroyed vehicle splat, that puts a black stain on the ground.

I kinda thought this was the case. Thanks for verifying my instinct was correct. Also...didn't know the SPLAT information. Thanks again.

I HIGHLY recommend taking the day to read/watch all the tutorials, tips, and how to's in the links in my signature. Make you a blank map, so you can pause, and try the subject matter as it is being covered.

Good advice! This is pretty much what I've been doing all week. I started with Onkle Sam's video's because of his name notoriety. Unfortunately, his tutorials did not mention the interactive layering tool and the softening tool. As far as watching all the tutorials first...i've watched many. But there is a LOT of information to digest. I forget what I'm watching with information overload. Nevertheless, I feel I'm making good progress for a guy who 96 hours ago didn't know ANYTHING about mapping.

1. Sounds correct, are they placed the starting territory of the owner?

Yep they were. And I have solved this problem. The issue was not saving and exporting the map after making the changes. I thought it did this automatically once I had exported the map to Steam Workshop.

2.Has to be "painted" using the "interactivity state toll/editor" (one of the tools next to the territory editor), and is painted inside of the playable area from the edge of the playable area between 32m-64m in whit the interactivity state value set to 50.

Yep. Fixed this also. See above. :P

3. can not check this one at the moment.

Gonna try Srinidhalaya's suggestion for this. Thanks.

Thanks again to both of you. I really appreciate the help. My map (creation in progress) in it's current state is located in the Workshop. It's name is Diersfordt. If you fancy, take a look and make suggestions. I'm all ears!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★