Login

russian armor

We need Allied War Machine back!

19 Sep 2014, 20:25 PM

As title says. I've seen it already in the campaign as "Soviet War Machine" (can't remember mission name) but however, I want it for USA. People are complaining about its late game weakness and this would help them a lot. It helps you to stay in the game and you can even rush OKW without any greater risks. So why don't stop demanding new tanks, but get some new (or old) abilities which help the current tanks "scale" into late game? It shouldn't be that hard to add it to the game since it is like I said already in single player.

Your opinions?
19 Sep 2014, 20:30 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Do not want, it's rewarding bad gameplay. It wouldn't help the tanks scale at all, just replace their ranks. If you wanted something like this a commander that makes each subsequent tank built lower the tank price by say 10% that would be much better and still punish losing your tanks.
19 Sep 2014, 20:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2014, 20:30 PMTobis
Do not want, it's rewarding bad gameplay. It wouldn't help the tanks scale at all, just replace their ranks. If you wanted something like this a commander that makes each subsequent tank built lower the tank price by say 10% that would be much better and still punish losing your tanks.

I wouldn't say its rewarding bad gameplay since I would make it like 200mun which means you can't spam it and have to use it with some brain.
19 Sep 2014, 20:37 PM

Allied War Machine was fine, but definitely not fine with Jackson and E8.
19 Sep 2014, 20:41 PM

Yep great idea ;-)
Yeah having the commander ability to rapidly replace vehicles when lost would be cool. I remembe coh had some thing of the sort. Plus it does have some historical truth it, the americans were notorious from there rapid replacement of shermans in there war with the huge number of shermans and they were easier to fix.

now I think about im suprised that relic havent use this already, as it is really was a core strength of the US in ww2.
19 Sep 2014, 20:45 PM

^yeah #PoryPory
19 Sep 2014, 21:03 PM
Donator 11

oh please no
19 Sep 2014, 21:12 PM

Rapid Vehicle replacement @ 800mp and maybe 12cp
19 Sep 2014, 21:25 PM

They should have an Allied War Machine for the Soviets. I think it would fit well :)
19 Sep 2014, 21:33 PM

AWM and zombie grens are top on the list of things I'm happy haven't come over from COH... yet. I'm sure they'll find their way into paid commanders in time. But timing a button press to reward me for losing/suiciding tanks late game is not the kind of gameplay I'd like to see return, and it always looked very lame to me from a spectator's POV when I was just getting interested in COH. So for esports' sake I hope it doesn't come back.
19 Sep 2014, 22:26 PM

I don't like allied war machine because it encourages the US player into throwing away there tanks.

It makes sense for Soviets to have allied war machine though :D
19 Sep 2014, 22:32 PM

I like the idea, every thing that makes the game have more options is good. And of course to balance this thing is important.
19 Sep 2014, 23:33 PM

So it was ok in COH but not in COH2 LOL. Personaly dont see a big deal if its has a significant cost and is not spammable.
20 Sep 2014, 00:11 AM

Permanently Banned
great idea
20 Sep 2014, 01:40 AM

I don't think AWM would be appropriate for USF in CoH2. In vCoH, Armour was a commander that forced you to play for the late game, and your early game usually suffered as a result. vCoH Rifles were only good up to a point and you didn't have Paras or Rangers to support them, or off-map artillery. As a result, by the time the Armour Commander kicked in your infantry were usually firmly outclassed due to Gren LMG upgrades and the Wehrmacht veterancy system. In short, you were then completely dependant on tanks to win you the game. AWM had an important purpose in this playstyle: it stopped you losing the game in a single engagement if you fucked up with a couple of vehicles (provided you had the munis).

The Americans in CoH2 play a bit differently. Riflemen are probably stronger overall, and certainly more flexible due to smoke grenades. Vehicles such as the M20 and AA HT are available much earlier. As a result, the US can apply a lot of pressure in the early-mid game, without necessarily suffering from a lack of doctrinal abilities. As a result, I think AWM would lead to an abusive playstyle where players conserve munis in the early game (not hard to do if you avoid BARs), and can then feed Shermans into the meat grinder forever by simply replacing them.

Another, more specific problem with AWM in CoH2 would be that it would make 'suiciding' Jacksons a bit too viable. At the moment, Jacksons are too expensive to use in this way, but with AWM you would be able to throw them away to kill Axis tanks without any fuel loss.
20 Sep 2014, 02:47 AM
Donator 33

It would need new penalties like war industry, less MP income.
20 Sep 2014, 03:21 AM

Soviet Industry is already the allied war machine (see: spam) commander.
20 Sep 2014, 09:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2014, 03:21 AMbobop6

There is also a "soviet war machine" ability in the campaign. It replaces the losses with T-34s, that could work in MP.
20 Sep 2014, 09:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2014, 03:21 AMbobop6

Too bad you can't spam anything with it because you sit on 1000 fuel and have 0 menpower and no field presence.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS