Login

russian armor

Tiger ACE current condition

19 Sep 2014, 18:43 PM

anyone knows about Tiger ACE's current condition? is it good or become bad? what happend to that commander? long time there's no yelling from folks about Tiger ACE...
19 Sep 2014, 18:47 PM

No yelling often means it's good. Silence is golden and all that.

It's currently 'just' a vet 3 tiger, which is amazing in and of itself.

Not sure why you made this topic...
19 Sep 2014, 18:59 PM

Are you blind? he is asking for advices if Tiger Ace is good or bad, aka OP or nerfed to hell. If someone doesnt know something, just answer it (you already did)
19 Sep 2014, 19:02 PM

No yelling often means it's good. Silence is golden and all that.

It's currently 'just' a vet 3 tiger, which is amazing in and of itself.

Not sure why you made this topic...

I used to play with that commander but later it became worst and I quit the commander! so I just wondering hows the tiger ace performing after a lot of balance update.

I quit the elite commander 6 months ago!
19 Sep 2014, 19:09 PM

afaik it's simply a vet 3 Tiger. It surely is worth it's cost. Just don't throw it into battle unsupported.
19 Sep 2014, 19:09 PM

Tiger Ace is not performing up to what it should be and needs a buff. Axis are suffering badly after the last patch. You can tell by the searching stat. people want a real challenge and that is why no one plays allies.

Buff the axis already Relic!
19 Sep 2014, 19:20 PM

It still is very good , however you need to make good use of it. Keep in mind that it severely cripples your economy for the time it is on the field . You better try to not lose any infantry as you will only have about 110 MP inc per minute. The tank itself however brings you a lot of utility and is of great value for the "shock effect" make good use of blitz/smoke/crew shock and you can use it quite agressively . Make sure you get like 2 p4s out before you call it in and use those carefully .
19 Sep 2014, 19:26 PM

It's a ridiculous unit that desperately needs a fuel cost, but there are SO many other things more wrong with the balance that who can honestly be bothered to complain about TA specifically?
19 Sep 2014, 19:29 PM

afaik it's simply a vet 3 Tiger. It surely is worth it's cost. Just don't throw it into battle unsupported.

It's a vet 3 Tiger with Target Weak Point
19 Sep 2014, 19:38 PM

As I look at the unit atm. it's pretty good, but I think Cruzz is right here since I have missed a fuel cost since the unit was released. Remember, we are dealing with relic, so we prolly wont ever see it!

A lot of people just charge in with the Tiger Ace expecting it to be OP and win against everything. No casulties! - But this is how the Free Tiger Ace worked, 1vWORLD... Then it was nerfed to reason with the community, you shouldn't abandon a commander, just because it's balanced :) - PARTISANIES Kappa!

I'm just saying, I still really like the commander! - After the newest patch expect the stun-nade to be even greater, yet this is not tested. it's great because you don't want enemies close to your grens!

Good luck commander!
19 Sep 2014, 19:47 PM

I think there's still something fundamentally wrong with paying part of a unit's value after purchase, in this game.
19 Sep 2014, 20:50 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

in 1v1, it's ridiculously powerful, but you have to win quick or your economy is done.

In bigger team games, it is not so good because it will have a lesser impact and your economy is still gone. I think in 4v4 it's probably pretty bad, regular tigers would be better.
19 Sep 2014, 21:08 PM

Is it really just a vet 3 Tiger now? Iirc it has the health of the Tiger pre-nerf and a bit better MGs.

That being said: I still prefer regular Tigers over it. The lower mp cost and no crippled fuel income are better than paying the manpower for a Tiger ace. Even the fuel cost of the regular Tiger is worth it. I´m floating fuel every game anyway as German T3 is hardly viable and Panthers still perform a bit worse than Tigers.
20 Sep 2014, 02:12 AM

In 1v1 I find it one of the most annoying units, especially because you can get it without any map control, but as I practice playing against it more, I find I am learning how to just kill its supporting units and let it keep running the OH player's economy. Haven't quite gotten it down but right now I'm feeling it's fine but requires a way different response compared to playing against a regular OH army in 1v1.
20 Sep 2014, 02:15 AM

I find it slightly better than an E8 pair and inferior to a trio. I'm a 1v1 player btw

But thing is, the Ace pops and I got my 2 E8s and the advantage is mine in the long run. Typical first engagement sees an E8 go down but the Ace badly damaged. So I call in a new E8 while he's repairing and we slug at it again, usually with a draw once again, but I have the resource and infantry advantage now due to his cut resources
20 Sep 2014, 02:24 AM
Patrion 27

In 1v1 I find it one of the most annoying units, especially because you can get it without any map control, but as I practice playing against it more, I find I am learning how to just kill its supporting units and let it keep running the OH player's economy. Haven't quite gotten it down but right now I'm feeling it's fine but requires a way different response compared to playing against a regular OH army in 1v1.

Exactly. If you see Ace avoid it at all costs and bleed his capping force.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★