Login

russian armor

Should the blitzkrieg ability cost fuel?

19 Sep 2014, 18:31 PM

It just only makes so much sense that extra fuel is being burned when you boost up your engines. Not so much fuel but 5 fuel or 10 fuel? Helmut isn't putting a High Explosive round into his engine to make his tank go faster like the train scene in back to the future 3.

19 Sep 2014, 18:32 PM

It should be reworked, not getting a price adjustment. It's retarded like "stun" ability.
19 Sep 2014, 18:48 PM

19 Sep 2014, 18:58 PM

It should be reworked, not getting a price adjustment. It's retarded like "stun" ability.

A lot of things needed to be reworked in this game but Relics not changing any of it. Soviet teching, ramming, blitzkreig it's all still in here. Relic tried to make it so blitzkreig only increase acceleration and not speed but that didn't work hence the other way is perhaps a fuel cost that way players can't be spamming it too much without losing enough fuel for another tank.
19 Sep 2014, 19:05 PM

I could see it. They made an ability in Encirclement Doctrine cost fuel, so they clearly aren't against making abilities cost fuel.

It would certainly make sense considering they clearly activate the rocket booster engines when you use blitz, and those things burn a lot of fuel.
19 Sep 2014, 19:07 PM

It just only makes so much sense that extra fuel is being burned when you boost up your engines. Not so much fuel but 5 fuel or 10 fuel? Helmut isn't putting a High Explosive round into his engine to make his tank go faster like the train scene in back to the future 3.

Of course should it cost fuel
19 Sep 2014, 19:08 PM

I think this is an excellent idea. It makes the axis player consider carefully whether or not to use the ability, but also provides a risk/reward to said player.

The added extra muni's would be good for extra mines and other muni reliant abilities too.
19 Sep 2014, 19:09 PM

In 1v1 that would penalize the Ost player allot because he is usually fuel strapped. In 2v2 it might be appropriate because this ability gets spammed so much to get out trouble.
19 Sep 2014, 19:12 PM

No.

Fuel = Teching and Building Units
Munitions = Unit abilities, upgrades and doctrinal abilities.
19 Sep 2014, 19:13 PM

It actually does make a lot of sense fro a historical perspective. The Germans had to husband their fuel if they ever wanted to attack, and when they did attack fuel was one of the main goals because of its need AND scarcity.

A - you have to save the fuel for an attack. B - the sacrifice of some fuel now to save a unit that to replace would cost a whole bunch more fuel. (Or to attack and capture more fuel.)

Feels historical even in the Relic sense of history. Of course that would be a nerf to Panther by some standards so it won't happen. #L2NP (not a typo)
19 Sep 2014, 19:15 PM

No.

You know, except that new Breakthrough ability from Encirclement Doctrine, which gives Vehicles a speed boost and costs fuel instead of munitions
19 Sep 2014, 19:18 PM

No.

Way to think out of the box.

If what they were doing up to now was working, all these ideas wouldn't be necessary. Things aren't working.

The vitriol and toxicity to this patch is worse than when they introduced the P2W DLCs!
19 Sep 2014, 19:18 PM

I think it should be that you should Blitzkrieg INTO battle (flanking, getting behind lines) not use it to run. Should not work if tank has over 50% damage.
19 Sep 2014, 19:30 PM

No.

And then we have new breakthrough ability that speeds up tanks and costs fuel.

Your theory just was proven wrong.

And TBH I'd much rather see sov vet1(well, all vet) for armor being USEFUL then blitz nerfed.
19 Sep 2014, 20:12 PM

I'm not a fan of blitz but I think asking for a fuel cost is a bit out of touch. It does need to have a draw back though. I feel it should be an ability that causes light engine damage once used. Like an overheat, lite.
19 Sep 2014, 20:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2014, 20:12 PMNapalm
I'm not a fan of blitz but I think asking for a fuel cost is a bit out of touch. It does need to have a draw back though. I feel it should be an ability that causes light engine damage once used. Like an overheat, lite.

That's too much. Several people have suggested that the ability should be made only available if you are out of combat (just like the sov crew repair ability). This way you can't just use it as easy way out of trouble. Also another suggestion was to limit it to forward movement only (no acceleration or reverse).
19 Sep 2014, 21:04 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I think Napalm has a good idea though abdul, similar to how infantry in coh1 were exhausted after using some kind of sprint or fire up. It would not have to be permanent engine damage, maybe the tank is just slowed for a few seconds after blitz. I think that would be better than some fuel cost.

This might make it risky to use for escape too, since you will be slowed at the end, but maybe out of combat only is better idea.
19 Sep 2014, 21:05 PM

I think it should be that you should Blitzkrieg INTO battle (flanking, getting behind lines) not use it to run. Should not work if tank has over 50% damage.

This.

Blitzkrieg shouldn't work as a defensive ability.

Deactivate it once a tank as less than 50% hp, or disable it when moving in reverse.
19 Sep 2014, 21:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2014, 21:04 PMRomeo
I think Napalm has a good idea though abdul, similar to how infantry in coh1 were exhausted after using some kind of sprint or fire up. It would not have to be permanent engine damage, maybe the tank is just slowed for a few seconds after blitz. I think that would be better than some fuel cost.

This might make it risky to use for escape too, since you will be slowed at the end, but maybe out of combat only is better idea.

Unless the loading screens are lying to me (they might be), doesn't the "engine overheated" critical already exist in the game?
19 Sep 2014, 22:04 PM

Unless the loading screens are lying to me (they might be), doesn't the "engine overheated" critical already exist in the game?

T34's that fail to ram get an engine overheated critical.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★