Login

russian armor

Relic: Rebuff the 34/76

21 Sep 2014, 14:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2014, 14:01 PMJaigen

25 fuel is quite a bit and the t-34 vs p4 is not Nearly as one sided as a p4 against a e8 or 85 who only cost 5 to 10 fuel more.

Except that PzIV has incredibly better vet bonuses, better support units (paks, schrecks), better doctrinal abilities (blitz, smoke) and it's better both as AI and AT unit than T34.

21 Sep 2014, 15:29 PM

Against Ostheer I can see the T34 buff being a good thing, but against OKW it just wrecks them. Maxims/Snipers into T34 are still incredibly effective. I am not sure if the reload buff would be good for balance...
21 Sep 2014, 15:35 PM

Against Ostheer I can see the T34 buff being a good thing, but against OKW it just wrecks them. Maxims/Snipers into T34 are still incredibly effective. I am not sure if the reload buff would be good for balance...

T34 vs OKW? What?

The army with super fast Pumas, Core infantry all packing shrecks, T0 AT guns and soviet equivalent mines?

Wrecked how, exactly? You do mean wrecked T34's, right?
21 Sep 2014, 15:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2014, 14:14 PMGreeb

Except that PzIV has incredibly better vet bonuses, better support units (paks, schrecks), better doctrinal abilities (blitz, smoke) and it's better both as AI and AT unit than T34.

The soviets have their own strengths including better AI and arty but thats a discussion for another time. and of course p4 has better ai and at it better be considering that this unit is 25 fuel more expensive then then t23. t34 is solid and worth its cost and im sry you cannot spam like a noob like the 85 which hopefully receive its nerfs someday.
21 Sep 2014, 16:06 PM

T34 vs OKW? What?

The army with super fast Pumas, Core infantry all packing shrecks, T0 AT guns and soviet equivalent mines?

Wrecked how, exactly? You do mean wrecked T34's, right?

Panzershreks got nerfed too...

Maxims on fuel make getting Puma a real challenge and by that time Soviets usually have Zis or 2 T34s to counter the one Puma.
21 Sep 2014, 17:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2014, 15:49 PMJaigen

The soviets have their own strengths including better AI and arty but thats a discussion for another time.

What?? better AI?? Soviets??

Which unit do you think gives soviets its better AI??
Conscripts? Penals? T70? SU76? All those units that nobody builds because they suck so hard that building them makes your enemy to smile because he already won?

The idea of soviets as a good AI faction ended a lot of months ago. Now soviets struggle to kill anything, infantry or tanks, until they can afford any overperforming doctrinal units like Shocks or ISU.

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2014, 15:49 PMJaigen
t34 is solid and worth its cost and im sry you cannot spam like a noob like the 85 which hopefully receive its nerfs someday.

Wait. I should have read this first as it obvioysly shows that you don't have any idea about what game are you playing.
21 Sep 2014, 17:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2014, 17:30 PMGreeb

What?? better AI?? Soviets??

Which unit do you think gives soviets its better AI??
Penals? T70? SU76? All those units that nobody builds because they suck so hard that building just one makes your enemy to smile because he already won?

The idea of soviets as a good AI faction ended a lot of months ago. Now soviets struggle to kill anything, infantry or tanks, until they can afford any OP doctrinal units like Shocks or ISU.

Wait. I should have read this first.
Obviosly you don't have any idea about what game are you playing.

Yeah im not interested in straw men arguments. give me a fucking good reason why the t-34 back should go back to its original where it often won against the p4?
21 Sep 2014, 18:33 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

2 inflammatory posts invised. Please keep it clean, guys. :)
21 Sep 2014, 18:35 PM

Panzershreks got nerfed too...

Maxims on fuel make getting Puma a real challenge and by that time Soviets usually have Zis or 2 T34s to counter the one Puma.

Puma can hit the field in 10 minuts, there wil never be t34 on the field when it hit the field.
21 Sep 2014, 18:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2014, 17:59 PMJaigen

Yeah im not interested in straw men arguments. give me a fucking good reason why the t-34 back should go back to its original where it often won against the p4?

Because the t-34 is underperforming when in comparison to the sherman. The sherman is already better againts infantry than the t-34/76 with AP rounds, then you get 0.50 cal and HE rounds, which just put the sherman in a completely different league than the t-34. The sherman also comes with a tank destroyer in the same tier, making it more flexible. Not to mention that the sherman also performs better againts tanks due to the faster fire rate of the gun, which can make it or break it in a 1v1 tank engagement.

Of course the panzer IV pretty much outclasses both of these tanks in AT, and being much better anti infantry than the t-34/76, and being roughly on par with the sherman. Also while having insane vet abilities. VET 1 blitz and armored skirts

If anything, the t-34/76 should be better than the sherman due to the sherman coming with a tank destoyer in the same tier.

and this isin't even accounting for the complete dominance of axis infantry and axis anti tank weaponry.
21 Sep 2014, 18:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2014, 14:01 PMJaigen

25 fuel is quite a bit and the t-34 vs p4 is not Nearly as one sided as a p4 against a e8 or 85 who only cost 5 to 10 fuel more.

T-34/85 is 15 fuel more than P4 and E8 is 20 fuel more.
21 Sep 2014, 18:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2014, 17:59 PMJaigen

A T34 will only win a Pz4 if both are vet 0, they don't have support of any kind and the PzIV is microed with the ass.

T34 should be better because soviets don't have AT support, meanwhile their enemy factions have the better tanks of the game.
Try to imagine not having schrecks and having fausts that don't penetrate nothing with armor thicker than a soft-drink can, and Paks than only could shot once by the time the enemy tank reaches the other corner of the map. Welcome to the Soviet world.

You should understand that going T3 means that your T34 is going to be the only non-doctrinal tank that you will have, and it will have to deal with PzIVs, Panthers, Tigers, Jadgtigers and such with the only support of ZiS guns.
Try to use a commander without IS2 and ISU-152 then. You will understand why T34 should be better.

On the other hand, you can own ALL non-doctrinal allied tanks with only PzIVs.

Any soviet player will trade their cheap T34 by your expensive PzIV any fucking time. At vet2 a PzIV is great, at vet3 a T34 is the same crap. Oh, wait! it can cap points!! <444>_<444>
21 Sep 2014, 19:35 PM

I think that a raw buff to the T34/76 might be a bad idea - if rushed, a T34 can be out on the field pretty quickly, and buffing it only encourages these sorts of rushes which can be quite hard for Ostheer to deal with in my experience (OKW fare much better thanks to Volk Shrecks). I think the main issue with T34s is that they become irrelevant once most Axis armour takes the field. To that end, I would be more supportive of something like the ability to upgrade T34/76s to T34/85s at a certain point in the game. This would give better scaling, and also reduce the Soviet dependency on call-ins by giving the base faction a tank that can actually perform against other tanks. Better Vet bonuses could also be looked into, for a similar reason.
21 Sep 2014, 20:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2014, 18:48 PMGreeb

A T34 will only win a Pz4 if both are vet 0, they don't have support of any kind and the PzIV is microed with the ass.

T34 should be better because soviets don't have AT support, meanwhile their enemy factions have the better tanks of the game.
Try to imagine not having schrecks and having fausts that don't penetrate nothing with armor thicker than a soft-drink can, and Paks than only could shot once by the time the enemy tank reaches the other corner of the map. Welcome to the Soviet world.

You should understand that going T3 means that your T34 is going to be the only non-doctrinal tank that you will have, and it will have to deal with PzIVs, Panthers, Tigers, Jadgtigers and such with the only support of ZiS guns.
Try to use a commander without IS2 and ISU-152 then. You will understand why T34 should be better.

On the other hand, you can own ALL non-doctrinal allied tanks with only PzIVs.

Any soviet player will trade their cheap T34 by your expensive PzIV any fucking time. At vet2 a PzIV is great, at vet3 a T34 is the same crap. Oh, wait! it can cap points!! <444>_<444>

your issue is with soviet design and call ins being problematic not with the the t-34 itself and reverting the "nerf" will change nothing. if i look on the t-34 i will definitely say its worth the price.
21 Sep 2014, 21:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2014, 20:46 PMJaigen

your issue is with soviet design and call ins being problematic not with the the t-34 itself and reverting the "nerf" will change nothing. if i look on the t-34 i will definitely say its worth the price.

Ok, as you say. I'm not going to argue against your subjective opinion.

Currently T3 is an absolute waste of resources. Any usual soviet player will agree with that.
You think otherwise, very well, thanks for your feedback.
21 Sep 2014, 21:14 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2014, 18:48 PMGreeb

Any soviet player will trade their cheap T34 by your expensive PzIV any fucking time.....

You cheapened your post with this "extra"....please do not B-)
22 Sep 2014, 08:51 AM
Patrion 14

Calm tits gents
22 Sep 2014, 14:15 PM

I almost saw T3 vanish overnight O.O
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 23
France 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias