Login

russian armor

More newbie questions

18 Sep 2014, 17:37 PM
Donator 22

Hello fellow mapmakers!

I'm making excellent progress on my first map thanks to the excellent tutorials of Onkel Sam and a lot of trial and error on my part. I have a few more questions.

1. I followed Onkle Sam's tutorial "How to: Set up a CoH2 multiplayer map". Since then, I have not addressed the base area. I'm concerned about my call in point(s) for reinforcements. Its a 2-4 player map and I believe I only made one call in area for each side. Can I move the call in points I set earlier? Do I need to add more so that the call in's show up on the map edge closest to the unit rally points?

2. How do I load my map into the game to test it?

3. What about tactical maps? Do I have to create one and if so, is there a link or tutorial on that?

4. The base area. Part of this goes hand in hand with question 1. As I said earlier, I followed Onkle Sam's "How to: Set up a CoH2 multiplayer map" tutorial thoroughly. I also followed his "How to: Create a map layout and draw sectors" successfully. Assuming I did both of these right, are there any other steps to take to insure the map loads the bases properly? I understand about detailing them but I'm strictly talking about them from a game mechanics point of view here.

Thanks again in advance for the help!

p.s. I'm making a 2 v 2 map based around Operation Varsity that took place in late March 1945. I've been using photos online from the real battle as inspiration for the setting. I'm surprised how far I've actually gotten in just a couple days of making maps. I started this on Monday night!

The tools are intimidating as hell, but with just a little bit of instruction from the tutorials and a LOT of trial and error...I actually already have a map where parts of it look very good if I do say so myself. I also realize it's kind of addicting. I stayed up till almost 4am last night. LOL.

18 Sep 2014, 19:12 PM

Well,

You can create so much map-entry-points as you wish, just copy them and set them where you like to. For a 2vs2 map I would recommend one map-entry-point for each side at the base and one near each base, which can be captured. But note, as OnkelSam said in his tutorial, every base-sector needs at least one map-entry point. In my opinion, the best way to find out if your map-entry-points work fine or not is to test your map by yourself in a skirmish.

;)

Here are the Worldbuilder Guides from CoH2.org which might help you.

18 Sep 2014, 20:17 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

To make your map appear in game:
File>export package
Be sure to have picked a name for your map in the
scenario>scenario properties
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W