Login

russian armor

Ostheer 1v1 USF

18 Sep 2014, 14:38 PM

One of the problems you have is that by now most of the people who play USF are probably the ones pretty good with them.

But on the bright side.... the US players who beat you in 7 minutes didn't get a very satisfying game either.

Balancing asymmetrically over time is just a crappy design.
18 Sep 2014, 15:06 PM

Literally everything you have in Ostheer T1 is very useful vs US. Meanwhile USF only has rifles. Its doable imo. Make us of PGrens if you make it to T2.
18 Sep 2014, 15:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2014, 13:36 PMWiFiDi
guys could we try to not go for personal attacks. also onelines don't tend to be received well. ;)

Yep, sorry for that. Keep the good work :thumb:
18 Sep 2014, 16:17 PM

As soon as your Grens get Vet and are equipped with LMGs or even G43 they will pack a punch against rifles. Until then try to keep your units close together and try to keep one half of the map and slowly creep forward as your units gain vet and you get tanks. I always try to get a PaK around the 5:00-Mark so it pops out around the same time as the M20. Then I get a halftruck and keep it constantly close to my grens. Don't bother gettin the flamer-upgraded, better get 2 LMGs.

Just don't spread your units trying to be aggressive as single units get picked up really easily by the US. Just my experience so far (I'm around rank 25-50 with all factions).
18 Sep 2014, 16:47 PM

Well, USF has no counter to snipers. If you can survive the first 10 mins of the game with 1-2 grens, 2 mgs, tellers, 1 pak and 1 sniper the US can't do shit. A rushed 250 with shrecks in it is a pain in the ass.
18 Sep 2014, 21:36 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Well, USF has no counter to snipers. If you can survive the first 10 mins of the game with 1-2 grens, 2 mgs, tellers, 1 pak and 1 sniper the US can't do shit. A rushed 250 with shrecks in it is a pain in the ass.

US has m20 to counter snipers, especially if they rush it before the Pak comes out.
18 Sep 2014, 21:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2014, 21:36 PMTobis

US has m20 to counter snipers, especially if they rush it before the Pak comes out.

Faust it
18 Sep 2014, 21:48 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Faust it

Fausts don't even counter the m3, m20 is much more efficient at harassing with self repair and speed.
18 Sep 2014, 21:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2014, 21:48 PMTobis

Fausts don't even counter the m3, m20 is much more efficient at harassing with self repair and speed.

It won't kill, it will stall until you get a PaK out
18 Sep 2014, 22:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2014, 21:48 PMTobis

Fausted M20 won't chase any sniper.

You people excuse yourself with AT nades protecting sov snipers, but somehow magically fausts can't do the same to protect german one? Isn't that... double standard here?
18 Sep 2014, 22:19 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2014, 22:06 PMKatitof

Fausted M20 won't chase any sniper.

You people excuse yourself with AT nades protecting sov snipers, but somehow magically fausts can't do the same to protect german one? Isn't that... double standard here?

No? When did I say sov snipers needed to be more vulnerable to vehicles?
19 Sep 2014, 05:15 AM

Katitoff being Katitoff,

1) How much DPS is Penals on M3 vs 222?
Fausted M3 can still kill, naded 222 is dead

2) How much HP is M20 vs 222?
Fausted M20 (assume without pak around, it still kill until jump out and apply super glue), naded 222 melted to Rifles in 3 sec.

Anyway, at the end, 222 sucks.
19 Sep 2014, 05:34 AM
Patrion 39

IMO adding homing to the USF AT nade really hurt the usefulness of the Ost scout car against them, like really hurt it. Not to mention that a 6 minute HT or slightly later Stuart basically take a dump on this unit. There's not much of a point to it because it just delays the time to Tiger and is cannon fodder to most USF vehicles that will be on the field.

Used to, you could harass with 222 (run it up at point blank) and inflict some heavy MP drain on rifles while HT was somewhere else on the map. Its effectiveness has dropped a lot since then.
19 Sep 2014, 19:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2014, 08:51 AMJohnnyB
I'm just staying away from Ostheer 1v1. But still, if AG, Ostruppen and grens aren't working, you probably should choose the opposite way in your oppenings by spaming Mg42s instead of grens. Something must work :).

If osttruppen aren't working for you, try again...
19 Sep 2014, 20:30 PM

Close air support was effective against USF before the patch I imagine it still is now.

Play defensively for 10 minutes, protecting your cut off and grouping your grens. Build T2 and do 1 conversion of fuel to muni. This should get you 4 LMG grens. Compliment blessed LMG grens with paks, MGs or if the map is good for it, mortar. Save fuel for P4.

At this point you should be wrecking face with LMG grens with pak and P4 support, although any competent USF player probably has M20 mines around, so better move your P4 with a minesweeper/scout routes with a sweeper before moving. From there you can convert more fuel to muni, use all CAS abilities, they are actually really effective due to a little known fact, they are immune to the AA-HT whilst in AA mode since the stukas do not loiter - assuming it hasn't already died to a pak.

The AT strafe is actually quite powerful too, it will one shot a stationary AA-HT, and can bring Easy 8's to 25% hp or less. Stuka bomb for the major/med truck blob if you manage to get a sneaky scout on it.

2nd P4 not mandatory but will seal the deal.
20 Sep 2014, 14:34 PM
Admin Red  Badge

I do think that Elite Troops Doctrine is pretty effective against USF. Given the weaknesses of USF's AT-capabilities your Tiger Ace is going to fare really well (if your micro is decent and you are cautious). In any game with ETD against USF I go Grens/MG42s/optional Sniper and play defensively holding at least 1 VP (or even better 2 VPs if possible) and 1 fuel point. Plenting down some Tellers will help to instantly stop surprising pushes by early light USF vehicles such as the utility car or late game pushes including Shermans and other tanks. A PAK40 is a must have due to its excellent performance against any armour. Then head on to T3 and build 1/2 P4s. After that bank some manpower in order to call in the mighty Ace and push with your P4s, PAK40 and Ace forward to destroy any kind of armour in a -more or less- surprising attack which usually ends in a GG.

Other than that Mobile Defensive Doctrine proved to be fine for me as its call ins (Ostruppen, Puma, Command P4) do synergize quite effectively with a defensive combined arms Gren/MG42/Mortar/PAK40 into P4 playstyle.

20 Sep 2014, 14:43 PM

You can hide your sniper anytime.....
Tellers still exist.....
Dirty cheap osts still here.....
Vetted Mg-42s with AP rounds......
If you get a PAK they won't dare rushing in.

If you survive the first 10 mins as Ost you can get a sniper anytime without fear of US counter, only Priests are a problem.

About ET; it's still retarded.....gren spam + p4s into TA :P
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 31
unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak