Login

russian armor

Pathfinders

• This thread is locked
18 Sep 2014, 03:24 AM

Gotta spot for colonel jackson, he don't see too well. All of 'Murica's other eagle eyed options are on wheels, and they tend to die in the late game. Pathfinders have the almighty retreat button. So get one instead of rifle squad #4. They've saved me from walking in to mg's and other nastiness countless times.

The I&R ones i don't get, since without the scoped rifles i can't see how they'd carry their weight.
18 Sep 2014, 03:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2014, 03:24 AMjoebill

The I&R ones i don't get, since without the scoped rifles i can't see how they'd carry their weight.

The have a fantastic artillery strike they can call in
18 Sep 2014, 04:25 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

that was my idea u idea-stealer

Yes. credit where due. :D
18 Sep 2014, 05:53 AM

they should be CP 0 and reinforce at beacons

paradropped AT guns and MGs should also be capable of reinforcing at beacons
18 Sep 2014, 06:29 AM

I do use them on background on finishing retreating squads.

Sometimes it's really annoying when they tend to wonder too close to the actual action and then they are just dead meat.

I have to try What Doth Life?!'s idea, to hide them for pack howitzer etc.
28 Sep 2014, 19:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2014, 20:54 PMRomeo
I used to think this unit was not worth it, but it feels a little more effective than before with all the changes to infantry, upgrades, and so on. Now I'm not so sure. What do other people think?

I been playing with pathfinder a lot lately. and honestly romeo I been thinking the same thing. there a lot more useful then I thought but still not as good as the axis counter part. romeo I don't know if u tried it but if u get 2 bars on a pathfinder it turns into a very good unit. but makes it more costly. the pathfinders keep the 2 snipers they have plus 2 bars and its seems they can start killing things pretty well. if usa players like airborne and havnt tried this try it. I usually get lvl 3 fast and have about 40 kills in a game with pathfinders as long as u don't lose them. but they still should get a cost reduction imo maybe 270 would be fine
28 Sep 2014, 19:52 PM

@cruzz yea pathfinders should be able to rein at beacons, they are paratroopers anyway. if they had a little accuracy buff pathfinder will become a decent unit
28 Sep 2014, 20:00 PM

My attitude to Pathfinders is that I will build a squad if I am floating enough manpower that it won't interfere with reinforcement/other BO elements. They are really useful for scouting, and make decent fire support for Rifles in the right situation. Its also nice to be able to crew AT guns with them rather than REs (for the vision).

That said, I don't feel they are worth making space for. They are pretty over-costed for what you get: someone made a thread comparing them to JLI a while ago and its almost a joke how much more JLIs do for a tiny manpower difference.
28 Sep 2014, 20:24 PM

It's random? I thought it was like a thing when a model was lower than 35% health
28 Sep 2014, 21:21 PM

I've been having some pretty good success recently with 3 rifles - nades - pathfinder - Lt/AB/Captain depending. They lack the ability to go 1v1 with most elite infantry, but they can compete with anything with less combat value than a gren squad 1v1, and they're great at providing long range supporting fire while you engage with rifles. As others have mentioned too, their huge sight range, combined with camo, allows them to scale into late game as a spotter unit.
21 Dec 2017, 01:30 AM

New patch, pathfinders are better than rifleman.
21 Dec 2017, 02:01 AM

oh nerco post right
21 Dec 2017, 04:31 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I cast: Turn undead.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 156
unknown 8
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #