Login

russian armor

@relic: new grenade bug

17 Sep 2014, 20:17 PM

There is a new bug where if a grenade is ordered to be thrown on any target within grenade range it would force the unit to stop before throwing the grenade.

Prior to the last patch (sep 9/10) it was possible to order throw a grenade on the move. The way to do it is to order your unit to move past the target unit and as soon as that unit is in grenade range order a grenade to be thrown at it. Your unit will not stop and only 1 solider would trail behind the rest of the squad to throw the grenade and then continue on.

Now grenades on the move are not possible and ordering a grenade is like ordering your unit to stop. Note the video is recorded in game and you can see clearly where I ordered my unit to move and how it stops the second I order it to throw the grenade, even though the target is within grenade range.

PS. thanks to Dizilluzion for his help in testing this.
17 Sep 2014, 20:23 PM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2014, 20:17 PMAbdul
There is a new bug where if a grenade is ordered to be thrown on any target within grenade range it would force the unit to stop before throwing the grenade.

Prior to the last patch (sep 9/10) it was possible to order throw a grenade on the move. The way to do it is to order your unit to move past the target unit and as soon as that unit is in grenade range order a grenade to be thrown at it. Your unit will not stop and only 1 solider would trail behind the rest of the squad to throw the grenade and then continue on.

Now grenades on the move are not possible and ordering a grenade is like ordering your unit to stop. Note the video is recorded in game and you can see clearly where I ordered my unit to move and how it stops the second I order it to throw the grenade, even though the target is within grenade range.

PS. thanks to Dizilluzion for his help in testing this.

Yeah I've noticed this right away, it telegraphs your grenades so god damn hard. Is this intended or not?
17 Sep 2014, 20:25 PM

Yeah I've noticed this right away, it telegraphs your grenades so god damn hard. Is this intended or not?

the lesser evil would be that it is a bug.... lets hope
17 Sep 2014, 20:48 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Update for September 9th, 2014

The following updates to Opponent AI were not included in the notes for Tuesday's update. We apologize for the omission. Those notes have now been updated.
AI squads now move to ability max range before starting an ability. This prevents the AI from throwing grenades at the position the target was at when it started moving to ability range.

related?
17 Sep 2014, 20:54 PM

I had this also today in my games. I thought it was strange. Please Relic...fix it!
17 Sep 2014, 21:57 PM

Yeah, it makes grenades too highly predictable while your troops take casualties by standing in the open.
18 Sep 2014, 03:20 AM
Patrion 15

Maybe they want you to sacrifice DPS for the chance of wiping 2-3 models of a squad? I'd be nice to get this clarified by a Relic dev.
18 Sep 2014, 03:25 AM

Maybe they want you to sacrifice DPS for the chance of wiping 2-3 models of a squad? I'd be nice to get this clarified by a Relic dev.

That would make a good excuse for a bug ^^ Even the original grenade bug has been there since release.
18 Sep 2014, 03:27 AM

This is not a bug, i thought i read something relating to this in the patch notes. Squads stop to throw grenades now.

Or i lied and some change in squad AI has caused this as a byproduct.
18 Sep 2014, 07:13 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I doubt it is intended since Pquimsieh said in a stream that he hated abilities that made units stop moving in order to use them. This was in a Alpha stream showing of the Sherman smoke canisters that ironically do force shermans to stop moving now.
18 Sep 2014, 15:30 PM

It would be good to get a response from relic.
18 Sep 2014, 21:49 PM

Is it a bug? I know it's a change but it might not be a bug.

Most units would not benefit from being able to continue to move while throwing a grenade. Only shocks and they're goddamn strong anyway. When they keep moving and throw a grenade, it's very hard to see the animation and know you should move.

I say keep it this way.
1 Oct 2014, 12:41 PM

Bulgakov, you are so wrong. Of curse it can benefit other units (all of them) because they still can walk to cover insted of stoping in red cover to throw the grenade. Please think befor you write something like that!
1 Oct 2014, 12:47 PM

Yeah, I don't like this change.

Just being able to throw a grenade and continue moving has a much better flow.
2 Oct 2014, 20:13 PM

See this is one of the topics that relic should reply to, but they don't. Where is the improved communication? Don't we deserve to know if this an intended change, and if not weather it's being looked at?
2 Oct 2014, 20:16 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I doubt it. I'm pretty sure it was an unintended change to ALL abilities. The sherman smoke no longer works on the move, m8a1 barrage, etc etc.

But hey at least the AI is better now or something :D
3 Nov 2014, 12:33 PM

This is still not fixed and i am wondering, is this now intended (because of the cover grenades are more powerful) or will it be fixed soon?

Relic, Cynthia?
3 Nov 2014, 12:45 PM

I don't think it's a bug. I think it was intended, and with the current cover system it also might be required. Grenades can squad whipe easier now, and I don't think this is right. So the compensation is: a little more warning. Bug or not, I actually think it's allright.
3 Nov 2014, 12:49 PM
Benefactor 115

relic fix ittt
3 Nov 2014, 14:00 PM

I don't think it's a bug. I think it was intended, and with the current cover system it also might be required. Grenades can squad whipe easier now, and I don't think this is right. So the compensation is: a little more warning. Bug or not, I actually think it's allright.

I would love to hear it from a Dev please so we know for sure!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★