Login

russian armor

Stormtroopers Assault Rifles Upgrade

17 Sep 2014, 16:55 PM

@100 munitions, the assault rifle package gets your squad shiny new sturmgewehrs 44's, aka conscript paddling tools: ;)

Is the upgrade worth it though? I did some stats digging, and came up with the following comparisons when the unit is unupgraded, but could find no stats for the unit with Sturmgewehrs.

Vs Grens http://www.coh2-stats.com/compare?utf8=%E2%9C%93&squad1=stormtrooper_squad_mp&squad2=grenadier_squad_mp&commit=Compare

Vs PGrens http://www.coh2-stats.com/compare?utf8=%E2%9C%93&squad1=stormtrooper_squad_mp&squad2=panzer_grenadier_squad_mp&commit=Compare

If anyone could lend some assistance that would be great!

18 Sep 2014, 00:03 AM

Worth it. Gives them similar (the same?) weapon profile as PGrens with a cheaper reinforce cost.
18 Sep 2014, 02:35 AM

I have been informed that the Stormtrooper DPS profile with STGs is identical to that of PGrens. Personally, I dislike this upgrade quite a bit simply due to the cost. I often find myself quite munitions starved in the mid-game as Ostheer due to the cost of things like upgrading LMGs on my Grens. In light of that, paying 100 munis for the upgrade isn't worth it when I could simply build a PGren squad that has no munitions cost attached.
18 Sep 2014, 15:40 PM

That would be fairly disappointing if true, although the camo helps offset this a little, not by that amount.

18 Sep 2014, 18:22 PM

You're spending 100 munitions to save yourself (potentially) several hundred manpower in reinforce costs over the course of the game. In the late game manpower is the limiting factor, saving it whenever you can is what wins games.

Oh and Storms are slightly more survivable than PGrens (.75 received accuracy vs .8)
29 Sep 2014, 22:32 PM

You're spending 100 munitions to save yourself (potentially) several hundred manpower in reinforce costs over the course of the game. In the late game manpower is the limiting factor, saving it whenever you can is what wins games.

Oh and Storms are slightly more survivable than PGrens (.75 received accuracy vs .8)

They are nice to have as an ambush or flanking unit once but 100 munitions is a lot. You generally want to end the game by using the ability that lets vehicles decapture points and then use the ultimate ability to wipe out all the enemy forces on the map. That takes almost 300 munitions.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★