Login

russian armor

Fallschirmjager

17 Sep 2014, 02:43 AM

These guys dont seem to be talked about much. But their value easily goes beyond their manpower cost. THey have incredibly close range killing power, almost as much as shock troopers (your non shock trooper infantry will surely run away if they get close)

However thats not really an issue on its own. The real issue is how they spawn. They can spawn nearly anywhere regardless of fog of war, instantly, and without warning. It has so many uses,

1. tank goes behind building for repairs, spawn on building kill engineers, by the time they figure out what happened all they can do is retreat.

2. Need to spot enemy units for artillary? perfect.

3. think enemy might be garrisoned in a building? theres a great way to find out

4. enemy retreating instead of dying? just instantly spawn in their retreat path for the wipe.

There should really be some warning so you know that you might be subjected to that kind of thing. In the same way paratroopers give a warning. Eg a green smoke followed by a 4-5 second delay, THEN spawning.

or alternatively, make it so that vision on the building is required to spawn out of it and keep it instant. (the first suggestion would keep them as behind the lines harassers though)

Its just silly that axis get such a powerful unit that spawns anywhere instantly. And then allied paratroopers which actually have airbourne like mechanics have to deal with drop zones and typically being seen if paradropping behind enemy lines, and a huge delay.. and once theyre in there they theyre bassically just riflemen that are a little bit better.
17 Sep 2014, 03:01 AM

You realize that Soviets have the same exact thing with Partisans and Irregulars right?

Also Fallschirmjaeger don't have much survivability unless they are Vet-3 and Up, and even then they can die like flies and have a huge manpower bleed. 440mp for a squad ain't a joke.
17 Sep 2014, 03:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2014, 03:01 AMSierra
You realize that Soviets have the same exact thing with Partisans and Irregulars right?

Ya... Partisans do like 1/3 of the dps and have 1/2 the survivability of Falls

Possibly exaggeration, but Falls are way way way way way way way better
17 Sep 2014, 03:18 AM

Falls can easily spawn in a retreat path and wipe a bunch of units
17 Sep 2014, 03:24 AM

Soviet Irregulars CAN'T spawn in buildings.

And going for partisans. Boooo!!! They are so scary against even retreating units, that they just shoot to scare those units to run faster to their base.
17 Sep 2014, 03:34 AM

The only other thing I said was that Fallschirmjaeger don't have great survivability without vet. Come at me moar rabid fanboys, COME AT ME BRUUUUHS!
17 Sep 2014, 03:48 AM

the main thing that sets them apart from the partisans is that Fallschirmjager have close range DPS around the same level as sturmpios and shock troops. Meaning they can wipe out a unit in just a couple seconds, espeically if its by surprise. and not in cover. Its almost like using arty which is highly effective against infantry. But it has no munitions cost and when the effect is over you have a new infantry unit in your army.

Partisans cant do that. Though I wouldnt be against adding a green smoke and delay to them too just because IMO it wouldnt impact them much.
17 Sep 2014, 03:54 AM

You can place a mine on the entrance of important buildings. Even though most buildings have two doors, fallschirmjager and other 'infiltration' squads always spawn at the same door.
17 Sep 2014, 04:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2014, 03:34 AMSierra
Damn, already 3x fanboys come in to attack me on a personal level just because I mentioned that Partisans have the same ability as spawning from ambient buildings.

Yeah, there's definitely a conspiracy against you. Still you've mentioned irregulars and you were incorrect.

Yes, Partisans can spawn, even more, Soviets even can spawn dedicated AT partisan units. However unless you get PPSH squad, you most likely won't kill a weapon team so fast.
Second problem is that Soviet unit leaves the building right at the moment you click to spawn. And pretty often it's opposite to direction you need.
Third problem - Partisans can't even beat mundane pioneer squad.

That's without even regarding their survivability.

The only other thing I said was that Fallschirmjaeger don't have great survivability without vet. Come at me moar rabid fanboys, COME AT ME BRUUUUHS!

Their survivability is fine, since only Shocks can reliably take on them, all other possible soviet units start losing models when they try to get in range (cons/penals)
or they are set up in different direction (weapon teams)
or they are fragile for combat against Falls (sniper unit next to the building).

Not even mentioning core faction design that can hold on it's own while being complemented by Falls use, not hindered
17 Sep 2014, 04:06 AM

So you would rather they buy the cheaper and much better obersoldaten?

Unit is overpriced by a large margin for the call in so unless you do alot with it they aren't worth getting. Especially vs USF, though i believe they perform adequatley vs the soviets

A very accurate point i will agree on however is that it's dumb how relic devised this whole paratrooper system when popping out of buildings is a million times better.

Also you can click on a building in the fog of war and if it turns red theres an enemy inside so you dont need this call in check :D
17 Sep 2014, 04:14 AM

Spawning units anywhere on the map is just a horrible game mechanic and Relic really needs to stop including crap like this.
17 Sep 2014, 04:18 AM

Second problem is that Soviet unit leaves the building right at the moment you click to spawn. And pretty often it's opposite to direction you need.

As I mentioned, all 'infiltration' squads spawn at the fixed door and leave the building immediately. I tested this extensively.
17 Sep 2014, 04:36 AM

Only thing that give me the shits is that they can spawn from building in the fog of war, should be only spawn from building you can actually see. 440mp for a unit that has high dps, get nades, gets fausts and to top it off being able to spawn anywhere on the map. Yeah seems fair lol
17 Sep 2014, 04:54 AM

Only thing that give me the shits is that they can spawn from building in the fog of war, should be only spawn from building you can actually see. 440mp for a unit that has high dps, get nades, gets fausts and to top it off being able to spawn anywhere on the map. Yeah seems fair lol

/Axis mode on: But they are a elites!! They were called green devils!1 /Axis mode off

As I mentioned, all 'infiltration' squads spawn at the fixed door and leave the building immediately. I tested this extensively.

I was under impression, that at least JLI stay there, but I don't own the doctrine and missed the week it was available at rotation
17 Sep 2014, 05:10 AM

Also Fallschirmjaeger don't have much survivability unless they are Vet-3 and Up, and even then they can die like flies and have a huge manpower bleed. 440mp for a squad ain't a joke.

Damn, I wish soviets had 44-16dps partisans with rec acc modifier increasing their survival.

If you loose unit different then a scout car to partisans you should quit the game forever.
17 Sep 2014, 05:27 AM

I was under impression, that at least JLI stay there, but I don't own the doctrine and missed the week it was available at rotation

JLI also does not stay in the building.
17 Sep 2014, 05:38 AM

JLI also does not stay in the building.

Hm. Okay.. Probably didn't pay much attention.
Still not always you can afford torching every building/mine them all as you need these munitions to fight against main force.
Regardless, Katitof mentioned Falls DPS already
17 Sep 2014, 06:10 AM

Good thing about Fallschrimjager doctrine is, you know there will be no JadgTiger.
17 Sep 2014, 06:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2014, 04:14 AMMedman
Spawning units anywhere on the map is just a horrible game mechanic and Relic really needs to stop including crap like this.

+1

Or at least made them as weak as partisans.

Infiltration units to decap points or kill support weapons are fine. Elite infantry spawning at your back isn't.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 32
Peru 18
United Kingdom 46
unknown 4
United States 1
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W