Login

russian armor

Does anyone else have dreams about playing matches?

17 Sep 2014, 20:00 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I once had a dream where I was playing a 1v1 online on Semoisky, and the apocolypse started happening in-game. So there were Grenadiers and Shock Troops side-by-side fighting Demons and stuff, it was weird and awesome. Also the Conscripts auto-retreated the first time the Demons popped out which was funny. Panzergrenadiers arrived and helped kill one of the bigger Demons, then a Panzer IV helped kill a giant demon near the grave-yard after it smashed a T-34/76. That's all I remember before waking up.

coh3 confirmed
18 Sep 2014, 13:25 PM

More like a nice mod. I'd really love that CoH3 would cover the Korean War, which is a period strangely forgotten in gaming.
18 Sep 2014, 13:41 PM
Honorary Member Badge

So there were Grenadiers and Shock Troops side-by-side fighting Demons and stuff

Funny that you mention that- I had a dream just earlier which involved using an ISU as the Germans, followed by taking part in a COH2 gaming tournament in which someone I knew got possessed by some sort of demonic power, began levitating with red glowing eyes, and then got tossed around like a ragdoll against the door, snarling, trying to escape as everyone ran away. It was very much like something out of a horror film.

Granted, the second bit has a very tenuous connection to the COH2 related part, but still... perhaps there's more to the goat-sacrificing and the RNG worship than meets the eye. Someone should play the coh2 soundtrack backwards to check for satanic worship chants, just in case. :p
18 Sep 2014, 19:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2014, 20:00 PMRomeo
coh3 confirmed

What about CoH: Hardline? I had a dream after watching CoH2 and BF Hardline streams all day, and also reading about the situation in Ukraine (which I'd been loosely following for awhile). One faction was Police and the other was Rebels, I don't remember a lot of details but it was something like the Police HQ was represented by a Police van. Other buildings were represented by 3 Police cars parked in a loose-triangle, a SWAT / Riot Van, and a Police Bus. Bunkers were Police cars parked side-ways with men wearing light vests and LMG's ducked behind them.

I remember their starting unit was "First Responder" which were just 4x beat cops with 9mm pistols, another unit was Riot Police with Semi-auto rifles (had smoke grenades), SWAT Team with automatic SMG's (had stun grenades), a Lenco Bearcat (as a troop transport), and an LRAD as a mobile suppression platform (like the Kubel but bigger, badder, and 20 fuel):

Also one of Police's end-game units were National Guard troops, which were the strongest "infantry" in the game. I don't really remember anything about the rebel faction since I wasn't playing as them in the dream, though. All I remember is they had some some generic gunmen, IED's, molotovs, a van, and their base was a bunch of concrete barricades, tents, and shanty-like structures.

Now that I think about it, I'm actually kinda disappointed that this isn't a reality.
18 Sep 2014, 20:12 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Speaking of the devil, i never had a dream prior to reading this thread :P

I was playing as a mix of USF+SU on a mix map of Semois/Kharkov. Instead of playing normally, i was facing like "waves" of enemies and the game played slowly till i set some orders. It was more of a puzzle solution game, where i had to position and move troops on the correct way and then the time would flow normally. After feeling like something was wrong (how the hell does my opponent have so many troops "Hecks") i started entering lucid dream state and woke up :(
18 Sep 2014, 20:37 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I have dreams about COH2.org

Does that count?
18 Sep 2014, 21:37 PM

All the damn time. I don't like to play in the evenings for that reason. If I have a frustrating game against a cheesy strat it is pretty much guaranteed to happen.

you mean "when" you have a fristratng game against a cheesy strat :)

I get the same. Sometimes when I'm in a rush to get home I think about the letter "T" :/ Seriously, my lft index finger twitches...
19 Sep 2014, 06:14 AM

I have dreams about COH2.org

Does that count?
Do you get dreams about vetlolcake? :D
19 Sep 2014, 12:22 PM

I once had a dream where I was playing a 1v1 online on Semoisky, and the apocolypse started happening in-game. So there were Grenadiers and Shock Troops side-by-side fighting Demons and stuff, it was weird and awesome. Also the Conscripts auto-retreated the first time the Demons popped out which was funny. Panzergrenadiers arrived and helped kill one of the bigger Demons, then a Panzer IV helped kill a giant demon near the grave-yard after it smashed a T-34/76. That's all I remember before waking up.

That's bloody awesome
19 Sep 2014, 12:28 PM

Or am I the only one who has COH2 dreams o.O

Nope.
19 Sep 2014, 13:15 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2014, 06:14 AMsteel
Do you get dreams about vetlolcake? :D

Not yet
19 Sep 2014, 22:26 PM

I had a dream that I was top 10 wehr in 2v2s and then I woke up and made it reality
19 Sep 2014, 22:48 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

edit
19 Sep 2014, 22:52 PM

I actually woke up yesterday with the american riflesquad screaming "GRENAAAADE!" like they normally do, that was interesting
19 Sep 2014, 23:30 PM

- This was actually a problem for me for about 2 months ago: When WFA came out I spend so much time to play it that it was almost 16/24 hours. ( Mostly I just stay in the office in summer + we don't really have much work to do here ).

- And that was the problem. I started to dream about playing COH2. It's not exactly " in a deep sleep " but it was more like half awake and half dreaming ( I keep waking up and then try to fall asleep again ). It's very bad because I couldn't have a good sleep and being aggressive.

- I actually had to lower my COH2 play time and start watching anime to make my mind think about something else. It works and I had better sleep ( Sometimes I dream about in a harem bath :"> )

- But be aware, if you have problem like me it actually more of a problem. It has been 2 months since CS:GO turns into my main competitive game and I'm start to having dream about playing CS:GO too -_-.

- When you play COH2, you sometimes tried to find a way to counter something like ISU or Jadtiger right? Or when you play CS:GO you tried to find a way to control your weapon recoil.... You go to sleep and then BAM, your brain start to find an answer and then you get this problem.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★