Login

russian armor

Newbie questions

16 Sep 2014, 19:26 PM
Donator 22

I have 3 at the moment.

1. I have 2 roads crossing in my map. I'm using splines. One completely crosses over the other in an unnatural way. How do I make natural looking crossroads?

2. Is there a way to "paint" over splats? I have a wheat field splat that is rectangular, but for part of the field, I want to paint over a corner with other ground types.

3. Is there a "destroyed glider" splat? There was in coh1. If not, can one be created or imported to coh2 worldbuilder?

Thanks fellas.
16 Sep 2014, 22:46 PM

1.Where the roads meet, end the splines, and line them up with an intersection splat.

2. You can make the splats transparent, but that is about it. You could also give the splat a color to blend them in better if that is your goal.

3. I do believe there is a destroyed glider splat. I'm not sure of it's location. Importing an object from COH requires, opening the map in the COH2 worldbuilder, identifying the object, if it is a blue box, or the splat is missing, it cannot be imported. If the object is there, then most likely it can be accessed using normal placing means, ie object tool, splat tool..ect. But if you cannot find it, but it is in the COH1 map, just use the stamp tool to import into your map.

17 Sep 2014, 00:23 AM
Donator 22

Thank you very much! The crossroads thing was spot on and I fixed my problem.

I've been at this less than 48 hours and already have a workable map. The Onklesam tutorial guides were fantastic and much of the rest is intuitive. I'll have a map up pretty soon at this rate!

18 Sep 2014, 17:39 PM
Donator 22

1.Where the roads meet, end the splines, and line them up with an intersection splat.

2. You can make the splats transparent, but that is about it. You could also give the splat a color to blend them in better if that is your goal.

3. I do believe there is a destroyed glider splat. I'm not sure of it's location. Importing an object from COH requires, opening the map in the COH2 worldbuilder, identifying the object, if it is a blue box, or the splat is missing, it cannot be imported. If the object is there, then most likely it can be accessed using normal placing means, ie object tool, splat tool..ect. But if you cannot find it, but it is in the COH1 map, just use the stamp tool to import into your map.

What is the "stamp" tool and where is it located?

Thank you!
18 Sep 2014, 20:40 PM

With the stamp tool you are able to copy custom objects, water, splines, splates, heights ect. in a selected part of a map. You can paste ("stamp") this selection into the same or in a different map as much as you like to.

Edit:

You can find it at the maintoolbar in worldbuilder under "Stamp Placement", 3rd icon right from "Water Placement".

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★