Login

russian armor

Changes for Leaderboards coming???

15 Sep 2014, 18:35 PM

Look at this:from official Forum

Its nice to see that. If you feel you can add something good, then head over there.
15 Sep 2014, 18:44 PM

Just because a girl asks if you like her dress doesn't mean she will change it.
15 Sep 2014, 19:37 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Thanks for the link, Sandreas
15 Sep 2014, 21:14 PM
Senior Editor Badge

from the leaderbord guy from relic:

Hey guys,
Thanks for sending this fantastic feedback so quickly!

I'll address a few of these items right now:

I think some people may not be aware that we have an official leaderboard at http://companyofheroes.com/en_us/coh...boards#1-1-1-1

@weehamish as apart of the devteam I can assure you, warspoils are being looked at among a massive list of other items. Also do not worry, this thread isn't just to waste everyone's time with just talk and no action I wanted to give you guys, the community, a chance to give some input into the leaderboard because at the end of the day it is for all of you.

Currently the focus is to sort out the web-based leaderboard, I am unable to comment about an in-game solution just yet.

I totally agree about the steam ID issue/username, it's a difficult one though as a players login names/id's are a bit of a pain to obtain and everyone can freely change their usernames/have duplicate usernames. I am looking into if we could have steam login tied in so you can at least compare to and view your friends easily. This one will certainly take a bit more time to think through.

I definitely agree on more stats, we are already looking at adding Match history with items such as: Opponents/allies/match length/units killed/squads made/squads lost/KD ratio/Ave manpower/total fuel/total munitions/commander

I like the idea of leagues, having come from playing lots of sc2 and being obsessed with the ladder myself. @Schewi brings up a good point about having an appropriate player base to make leagues fit well. The other feature that leagues will need in order to work will be seasons which will require some changes within the game to support that (ie placement matches).

Outside of leagues, i have also been thinking about adding countries/regions so that the only meaningful ranks aren't just the overall top 200 but instead you could view the top players filtered by factions/regions/game type. That way you can easily view who the top 1v1 soviet players are etc..

More to come in the following weeks, i'll keep you guys posted
16 Sep 2014, 10:12 AM

No problem Computerheat, love your casts btw!

Katitof, have you even read what the girl is saying or you just enter at every new thread and write some s*** just to write it? If you don't have to say something that does actually make sense you better stfu!!!
16 Sep 2014, 10:51 AM

Previous 6,500,000 posts about leaderboards have been proven ineffective. Any other ideas people?
Vaz
16 Sep 2014, 11:23 AM

Sounds like some good ideas, more data leads to better information!
16 Sep 2014, 11:31 AM

Katitof, have you even read what the girl is saying or you just enter at every new thread and write some s*** just to write it? If you don't have to say something that does actually make sense you better stfu!!!

I did.
I also looked in the past enough to realize that asking for feedback is rarely ever likely to bring a change, never mind a big one.

They might change stuff, but don't expect revolution.
17 Sep 2014, 14:20 PM
Senior Editor Badge

more from the Leaderboard guy:

I've had a talk with the server team about our ELO and Decay systems.

I will be looking at adjusting the decay rate and creating some special conditions to make it a bit less painful for everyone and make the ranking at lot more valid. I've already got a couple ideas for this.

Basically decay is based on not having played any matches within a time period of one week.

To understand some of the basics of ELO take a look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

There is basically a calculation of the difference in player elo's which the increase/decrease in elo pts are based off of. There are some additional calculations in there as well that i cannot go into detail about.

If you are matched with a low elo newb and your opponents are high elo uber dudes, then the overall difference in elo will make it so that even if you lose, your reduction in elo will be much less.

I like the 'last game played' column and will be adding it into the design.

I've also taken a look at vCoh and that ladder with it's rank based icons. I like that system and have already put in the request with the server team to see if we can get that going for coh2

For now i think the rank based icons like we had in vCoh will essentially cover us for 'tiers'.

Goodies for top ranks is a great idea, however this will require a season based system to make it work, which we currently do not have.

Additionally I will mention that i am also working on a time based graph that will show you at what point in the game you are achieving your wins/losses (ie. wins/losses displayed for early/mid/late game).

==========

Currently the decay is set so that you won't go below a certain elo. But I do think there is more that we need to do beyond this in order to make it more appropriate for players. For instance taking into consideration that the player is still active even if with another faction. As well as changing the way decay behaves depending on what elo range you are in. These types of changes are independent of a new leaderboard and will hopefully get in soon. I'll keep everyone posted.

17 Sep 2014, 14:24 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Decay less painful? its already super slow as is. I dotn think cataclaw has played coh2 more than 5 matches since WFA and he is still top 30 with sovs and top 60 with the rest.
17 Sep 2014, 14:39 PM
Patrion 14

is he saying real ranks, like in coh1, that would be so great :)
17 Sep 2014, 14:43 PM
Donator 11

Yes coh1 ladder system.pls pls pls
17 Sep 2014, 15:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2014, 14:39 PMutmost
is he saying real ranks, like in coh1, that would be so great :)

No, he isn't.

He is talking about rank decay.
17 Sep 2014, 15:49 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2014, 15:15 PMKatitof

No, he isn't.

He is talking about rank decay.

with it's rank based icons.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias