Login

russian armor

Over a year after release, where's the search random option?

15 Sep 2014, 13:39 PM

It would seriously help finding a game quicker while automatching.

Why was this removed in the first place, it was in vCoH after all? Would like to hear opinions on this from the devs but for some unknown reason I can't start a thread on the official forums.

What comes to the loadouts when searching random, I think it would be solved if the player was able to set a default loadout for every faction that the automatcher would use when searhching with random faction.
15 Sep 2014, 13:45 PM

Its right there, on PQ desktop.

He clicks search random and we're getting random nerfs later on a patch :)
15 Sep 2014, 13:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2014, 13:45 PMKatitof
Its right there, on PQ desktop.

He clicks search random and we're getting random nerfs later on a patch :)

Using a button to decide random nerfs. Needs to be nerfed to the ground. :)
15 Sep 2014, 14:21 PM

My guess the main deterrent is the UI. What icon would random have and how out of place would it look? How would loadouts be clear? These can be solved, of course, but it just complicates the job from what I imagine would not be too difficult to program.
15 Sep 2014, 14:35 PM

My guess the main deterrent is the UI. What icon would random have and how out of place would it look? How would loadouts be clear? These can be solved, of course, but it just complicates the job from what I imagine would not be too difficult to program.

If that's the reason they have delayed it for more than a year, I don't know what to say :D
15 Sep 2014, 14:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2014, 13:48 PMsteel

Using a button to decide random nerfs.

So, the code is there, just need to implement it in a different way ;)
15 Sep 2014, 15:27 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'm surprised no one told you that it already exist and it is called Allies.
15 Sep 2014, 16:07 PM

I would like to have a random button as well. In terms of UI, it could be done like the following:
On your playercard, you've got 4 boxes you can tick or untick, ticking one of them equals having this faction for random selection. Now, for your loadouts, if you click your playercard while in random mode, you get a new window where you have one slot for each faction, and in those slots you can customize your loadouts for each faction. Maybe you could even have several loadouts per faction, so you do not only get a random faction, but a random loadout as well. For those who have a kink for playing Osttruppen sometimes, maybe.
15 Sep 2014, 16:14 PM
Coder Red Badge

This is the most likely reason honestly. They probably overlooked adding this during pre-release development, and now that they're working on DLC it's hard to justify an artist spending time on this when they could be working on DLC commanders and new units that actually generate revenue.
15 Sep 2014, 16:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2014, 16:14 PMInverse

This is the most likely reason honestly. They probably overlooked adding this during pre-release development, and now that they're working on DLC it's hard to justify an artist spending time on this when they could be working on DLC commanders and new units that actually generate revenue.

This is where I have a problem with the developers...

Make a game people want to PLAY would generate revenue (some of these players might even buy DLC)! :)

15 Sep 2014, 19:25 PM

They can always delete any allies icon and change it for random.
The result will be the same.
15 Sep 2014, 19:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2014, 16:26 PMAvNY

This is where I have a problem with the developers...

Make a game people want to PLAY would generate revenue (some of these players might even buy DLC)! :)

Exactly, focusing on the DLC is very shortsighted.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★