Login

russian armor

Modern Hilfswilige: help me with Ost Doc in 2 v 2

13 Sep 2014, 23:28 PM

Hi all,

There are some Osttruppen doc guides out there, but written back when they cost 120 MP :P

Anyone have any tips for how to use them? I tried this doc in automatch twice just now and it's the hardest I've ever been stomped. I know they're buffed now but they lose against everything and you barely get a numbers advantage, and you can't really skip tech that much.

Currently my strategy is to try and get 5 units of them, MG42(s), maybe a mortar, PAKs, arty officer, and some bunkers/trenches and try to lock down some part of the map until I can make tanks. Is there something else I should do instead? Anyone have replays of them using this doc successfully?

One thing it seems to have going for it is that since you're not buying as many LMG42s, you can dish out an awful lot of fausts. Otherwise it seems horrible but maybe I just need to learn how to use it.

edit

I wasn't totally clear about the situation I want to use them in. Really, I'm looking for ANY strategy that will work with Ost doc, so I'm interesting in hearing about any success you've had with it, any map, any mix of ally faction/doc ...
14 Sep 2014, 09:48 AM

Hi all,

There are some Osttruppen doc guides out there, but written back when they cost 120 MP :P

Anyone have any tips for how to use them? I tried this doc in automatch twice just now and it's the hardest I've ever been stomped. I know they're buffed now but they lose against everything and you barely get a numbers advantage, and you can't really skip tech that much.

Currently my strategy is to try and get 5 units of them, MG42(s), maybe a mortar, PAKs, arty officer, and some bunkers/trenches and try to lock down some part of the map until I can make tanks. Is there something else I should do instead? Anyone have replays of them using this doc successfully?

One thing it seems to have going for it is that since you're not buying as many LMG42s, you can dish out an awful lot of fausts. Otherwise it seems horrible but maybe I just need to learn how to use it.

edit

I wasn't totally clear about the situation I want to use them in. Really, I'm looking for ANY strategy that will work with Ost doc, so I'm interesting in hearing about any success you've had with it, any map, any mix of ally faction/doc ...
Get 4 squads and put them in houses with windows facing where the enemy would come from. HiWis in houses are actually pretty awesome since this patch. After that get an early panzergrenadier to boost the infantry fighting power then a pak. If you lost the fuel or map control get pak then panzergrenadier. From there, you can choose to downgrade to T1 or rush T3 instead.
14 Sep 2014, 10:14 AM
Donator 11

I haven't used Ostruppen much in 1v1, and although I imagine that's what you're focussing on, I'd just like to chip something in. Me and my friend have been running a 5 ostruppen double kubel start into mg34, volks and artillery officer. It seems to handily shut down allies early game in 2v2s. M3s can't get near the kubels thanks to the number of fausts. The number of ostruppen squads allows for rapid capping once the first wave of allied troops is beaten back. The guy using ostruppen goes T2-T4, the OKW player sets down a forward med truck and then rushes shwer for obers/sturmtiger. Trenches can help lock down the map, and the artillery officer can be used in tandem with panzerwerfers to effectively double their rate of fire. I definitely think the doctrine is stronger in teamgames where it's weaknesses (lack of early short-range firepower, no smoke for medium tanks, no call in tanks) can be made up for.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★