Login

russian armor

A simple solution to have a more people playing allies

raw
18 Sep 2014, 09:08 AM

Hey, hey, I have an *ACE IDEA*

How about making germans less trivial OP?
18 Sep 2014, 09:14 AM

You gotta be kidding, right?
18 Sep 2014, 09:21 AM

Great idea.. To make it really work I think it would be useful to have some indication when does the next drop come.. So at the end of the match at Victory screen a bar would show up with numbers like..

time played 300pts
damage dealt 500pts
lost units -200pts
win 1000pts
axis/allies multiplier x1.5
opponents skill multiplier x1.2

Ladder effect of game +20 positions.
Congratulations! Now you are at position 560 in 1v1 ladder!

Not only it provides clear indication when the drop comes, it also encourages careful/skillful play (lost units penalty, damage dealt bonus), informs about ladder progression without being demotivating at the start of the match and supports competetiveness by more immediate feedback about your rank.
raw
18 Sep 2014, 09:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2014, 09:14 AMcarloff
You gotta be kidding, right?

Sure why not, I mean the 85%/15% ratio right now is kidding too.
18 Sep 2014, 09:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2014, 09:24 AMraw

Sure why not, I mean the 85%/15% ratio right now is kidding too.

This is only because MOST people love(fap on) german uniform and tanks! Nobody like soviets couse they are brutally cruel, and fuck yeah americans are too burgers now.
18 Sep 2014, 10:18 AM

Raw is right, OKW is imba nowadays and easy to play.
18 Sep 2014, 13:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2014, 09:58 AMraw

Yes! It's just that 90% nazis, Wehrmacht-Lovers, Russophobes and Ami-Haters love this fucking game this fucking much. Has nothing to do with imbalance *at all*. Durr, what was I even thinking?

Yeah, what were you thinking ? Don't even want to know what happens between your ears, so no need to reply. Even when Axis were UP, the number of people automatching with them was very high. Obviously it is all about balance, you are right. Even better yet, learn how to browse this very board, and find a maths explanation about why queues are not representative at all about real number of players per side. It shows a preference, of course, but nothing more.
raw
18 Sep 2014, 14:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2014, 13:31 PMSlaYoU

Even when Axis were UP,

Axis was never UP.
18 Sep 2014, 23:59 PM

i think you dont know when schocks were 1 CP before WFA and they came out before Ostheer even had the chance to get a counter yes that was not very balanced in 1vs1 and still most people played Ostheer

but back to topic, the problem is players will always play what they like to play, i give you an example in the game DoW2 the most played faction were the Space Marines simply because people liked them (they were by far not the strongest faction), in ww2 games it are the germans, they are the most favoured most times becasue because of german steel and wonderweapons (lets be honest germany had really some nice toys in WW2)

and the other part is gameplay, for me i play Ostheer mostly because i dont have WFA both old factions are rather boring for me so i take the one whith the better looks (Tiger) sadly both rely on certain weapons to be effective (Tiger, T34 85 other call in tanks) but that is mainly a design issue with both vanilla factions, the new factions just feel more ailve then ostheer and sowjets

from my view they both need a bit reworking for Ostheer its more mobility and faster teching maybe also a bit more non doc inf (but thats just my hope for vcoh Volks with mp40^^) so they can play all maps and are not a 100% lose on certain maps (like Stalingrad) still they need less work then sowjets

well sowjets need a teching rework to allow a more fluent and combined arms playstyle cause atm its mostly some kind of spam while combined arms is extremelely less rewarding for more work in using it (maybe do it like pe and give them upgrades for their buildings to unlock certain units and upgrades so certain options can be used faster)

but balance well the game will never be perfectly balanced but atm its quite ok maybe 1-2 issues but nothing you cant fight off exept you have bad luck with the map or RNG still we had times with a lot unfairer balance (like the release of certain commanders)
raw
19 Sep 2014, 13:39 PM

i think you dont know when schocks were 1 CP before WFA

1 CP ST is the same gimmicky play that has always allowed the soviets to keep a foothold in the game, before that it was clowncars, conscripts(!) and whatever diarrhea this forum has identified as "OP". All of it was counterable, but oh the poor 90% Wehrmacht lovers had to actually use micro against it. In the current game, a return 1CP ST would be bitterly necessary by the way.

Soviets can never be OP in this game, by way of design.

and they came out before Ostheer even had the chance to get a counter

That is what Ostheer players actually believe.

but back to topic, the problem is players will always play what they like to play,

Blah-blah-blah 90/10 lopside is only 'cause people love Wehrmacht this fucking much.

You have a choice here. You can be delusional and explain away the status quo by way of hand-waving some Kraut love that apparently exists across all games into existance or you can accept the simple fact that most people play germans because they're easier to understand and execute, their units are more powerful and the Allied factions are a mess.

The game will only get better if we talk about what matters. Your choice.
19 Sep 2014, 14:18 PM

Axis doesn't have to choose a doctrine until they need to.

The Allies have to roll the dice and hope the doctrine they chose won't shoot them in the foot.

This doesn't make for fun gameplay. As long as allied commanders complete the faction instead of offering additional options, people aren't going to give them a serious chance.

It requires that they chose the right 3 commanders to go against the loadout the opponent chose before the game ever started. Having the strategy part of the game decided before the loading screen is pretty anathema to a strategy game.
19 Sep 2014, 15:28 PM

http://www.bbc.com/news/27685494

Global public opinion of Russia is in the bottom 5.
Global public opinion of Germany is number one.

And this survey was taken BEFORE the Ukrainian Crisis.

There is also thr fact that Russia has never apologised for any of its conduct during WWII( or The Great Patriotic War as Russians call it) nor the 70 years thereafter of its predecessor the USSR, famous for an incalculable extent of violatio of human rights and civil liberties throughout its hegemony in "member states". People dont forget that stuff...

And I hope nobody here is trying to argue that balance is somehow the cause of matchmaking %, right? Cos that should obviously be discussed in dedicated balance threads related to specific issues.

This whole issue of "appeal" is a misnomer.
From a statistical perspective, Russia is currently extremely unpopular.
From a historifal perspective, the USSR was given carte blanche on attoricitiesnas a victor, and no apologizing was ever issued to this day.
From an ingame balance perspective, issues can and are addressed in dedicated unit specificbalance threads.

So how to increase raw appeal from Relics side?
I dunno. Make the uniforms pink? Would that help?

You cant blame people for having a preference, for whatevrr reason.
And you certainly cant call it a faction balance thing (especially when community polls repeatedl rank Sov high).

So yeah, ehat exactly is the actual point of this thread?
Is it just a generalised "buff Sov" thread disguised as "appeal", or a critique on public perspective of playinh as Russian/USSR, or about the uniform color... or what?
20 Sep 2014, 09:47 AM

http://www.bbc.com/news/27685494

Global public opinion of Russia is in the bottom 5.
Global public opinion of Germany is number one.

And this survey was taken BEFORE the Ukrainian Crisis.

There is also thr fact that Russia has never apologised for any of its conduct during WWII( or The Great Patriotic War as Russians call it) nor the 70 years thereafter of its predecessor the USSR, famous for an incalculable extent of violatio of human rights and civil liberties throughout its hegemony in "member states". People dont forget that stuff...

And I hope nobody here is trying to argue that balance is somehow the cause of matchmaking %, right? Cos that should obviously be discussed in dedicated balance threads related to specific issues.

This whole issue of "appeal" is a misnomer.
From a statistical perspective, Russia is currently extremely unpopular.
From a historifal perspective, the USSR was given carte blanche on attoricitiesnas a victor, and no apologizing was ever issued to this day.
From an ingame balance perspective, issues can and are addressed in dedicated unit specificbalance threads.

So how to increase raw appeal from Relics side?
I dunno. Make the uniforms pink? Would that help?

You cant blame people for having a preference, for whatevrr reason.
And you certainly cant call it a faction balance thing (especially when community polls repeatedl rank Sov high).

So yeah, ehat exactly is the actual point of this thread?
Is it just a generalised "buff Sov" thread disguised as "appeal", or a critique on public perspective of playinh as Russian/USSR, or about the uniform color... or what?

Woooow, you're going to much far!

How is it so difficult to understand that Axis factions have a lot of cool stuff and by far easier to use in the game than Sov or USF one's.

2nd point let's be honest, who nows what are ISUs and their categories? if you're not yourself Russian or fan of WW2 eastern front, nobody. Who knows what's a Tiger, what's a King Tiger or a Panther5. Every one who've seen a single WW2 american movie from the last 30 years.

USF is different, there is absolutly no unit that inspire you to play that faction.
- Wooow a Sherman!!! nononon, WOOOOW a Tiger, I want to use that unit and have fun with!!.

Balance issue comes because associated to their fame, to super cool units were super strong and so today difficult to balance.
20 Sep 2014, 12:23 PM

Some people prefer a faction due to the political statement they associate with playing that faction.
Some people prefer a faction due to the gameplay of that faction.
Some people prefer a faction because it's overpowered and easy for them to win.

Forcing them to play a certain faction from time to time or decreasing the rewards otherwise sounds like a bad idea to me. People should be allowed to play games in whatever way they want as long as it's in a fair way, meaning no bug abuse.
20 Sep 2014, 14:40 PM

Yeah the last thing I'm thinking about when I want to play a faction that has all te basic units available to me is the political ramifications of what is being represented.

If I was concerning myself with political statements in CoH2, I would've long pitched this game into a bonfire considering its ambivalent and blatant license of historicity.

I feel like the issues with this game has much more to do with gameplay and balance than it does with the people solely getting a hard on for the Nazis.
20 Sep 2014, 14:44 PM

Or just remove allies. :D
24 Sep 2014, 13:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2014, 14:03 PMraw

Axis was never UP.

WFA launch tournament. If I recall, out of all the matches, OKW won once. Where as most USF wins were over by 15 minutes. Please mate.
24 Sep 2014, 13:25 PM

WFA launch tournament. If I recall, out of all the matches, OKW won once. Where as most USF wins were over by 15 minutes. Please mate.

This.

And Sov has an amazing winrate in just about all tournaments ever held.
24 Sep 2014, 13:33 PM

This.

And Sov has an amazing winrate in just about all tournaments ever held.

Now I'll concede that winrate doesn't affect the playstyle appeal of a faction. I play Americans on occasion, just to spice things up a bit. I rarely touch Soviets just because I don't like the cheese oriented gameplay. Much in the same way that Zerg was never the most popular race in SC:BW/SCII.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★