Login

russian armor

How to deal against 4 Shermans with 1 Axis tank

12 Sep 2014, 13:53 PM

I must suck at microing Panther&Tiger, because i cant any way to defeat Sherman blobs with any Axis tanks.
First i build panther, what was killed in 10 secs by 4 Shermans. I had 2 pgrens alongside it but they were gunned down by sherman tank mg´s.

After i came with tiger from a distance, but got again circled by the 4 shermans. Tiger was killed after 2 min on the field. Its so slow comparing to Shermans wich just drive around it.
How do u deal with blob of Shermans?
12 Sep 2014, 14:03 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

A tiger/panther backedup by 1 or 2 pak is a very good combination. If your tiger is withouth at support you should generally be fine if they shoot all from the front. Move up your paks to force them off.

If they start to charge in and surround you you need to back up immediately to your grens for faust or shrecks to force them off. Try to kill the tanks that are shooting at your rear armour first as (your) tanks have considerabbly less rear armour.
13 Sep 2014, 02:59 AM

You should always get a pak or 2 to help support your tiger/panther. You can't really do much if they circle around you without support. Like Sarantini said, lure them to the grenadier for panzerfaust. You should be focusing on escape by then. Tell your paks and tiger to fire on one particular tank so that you reduce the number of MG and cannon firing.
13 Sep 2014, 03:12 AM

I sometimes put a teller mine to the side of the path I project my tank will attack through. Position yourself in a way that the mined path would be a desirable way to flank.
13 Sep 2014, 05:56 AM

I wouldn't say you suck at using Tigers if you can't kill 4 Shermans with one of them. 4 Shermans cost over 400 fuel, so it's not like killing them all with a single Tiger should be easy.
13 Sep 2014, 06:37 AM

I sometimes put a teller mine to the side of the path I project my tank will attack through. Position yourself in a way that the mined path would be a desirable way to flank.

Mmm, yes baiting people to flank you through Tellers is fun. Leave 1 at gun pointed that way and you will have wonderful results. You don't even need to pay attention.
15 Sep 2014, 21:31 PM
Senior Editor Badge

This thread could easily apply to other fast vehicles attempting to flank/get behind your vehicle.
I played a game many months ago on Langreskaya. My opponent went soviet industry and eventually made about 9 T34s in total. I had three grens, a Pak, a P4, and a Stug.
The game ending push came with six T34s. This was back in the day when ram was a good way to kill any medium vehicle.
I used my fausts, and the stun ability on the Stug/Pak gun to prevent rams. I slowly destroyed each one by one (although it was overall rather fast). With six T34 wrecks (and three others from before) on the east side of Langreskaya, my opponent quit.

Always back up your vehicles with infantry and Pak guns. Use your muni abilities to either save your own vehicles, or to ensure the destruction of enemy vehicles.

Tellers are cheaper now but still do engine damage. Use them on roads, on your flank, anywhere.
23 Sep 2014, 17:09 PM

4 regular shermans right? It shouldn't be difficult really. How did you survive until the tiger anyways? You already have paks on the field, obviously, unless he built 4 shermans to counter a tiger. Stay within your paks or don't venture too far. If you're within pak range, you're on top. If you venture outside it, just retreat to your paks. At worst, youll trade your tiger for 2-4 shermans and end up equal/slightly ahead
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 44
Germany 26
Germany 81
Israel 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %