Login

russian armor

Are kubelwagens OP

PAGES (20)down
12 Sep 2014, 14:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 14:32 PMJohnnyB

Exactly. I'm quite surprised nobody mentioned this. Who preserves a kubel more than 10 minutes from game start? Don't tell me Helping Hans or such. I don't think we are discussing at that level. It's not comparable to any infantry unit including maxim, which can be usefull all the game.
That is why it's not OP. Not by far.

I legit got a Kubel to Vet-4 pre-buff once.... once...
12 Sep 2014, 14:57 PM

LoL'd at all da fanboys defending this thing...
12 Sep 2014, 15:15 PM

LoL'd at all da fanboys condemning this thing...
12 Sep 2014, 15:27 PM

It's not like it's hard to micro. Click somewhere, let it rip, click somewhere else when a flank start coming. Until enemy vehicles come out, it basically can't be killed by anything but mines or very poor micro from the OKW player's part. As US, you're basically SOL until you break out the M20. Smoke only delays the arrival of a proper counter and it's very easy to just reverse away from it.

Besides, even if it doesn't survive till late game, I have used it several times to gain an unsurmontable early game advantage, which as OKW can rapidly snowball into their beastly lategame.

For 240 MP, it's a bit strong. A slight fuel cost is all it needs.
12 Sep 2014, 15:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 15:15 PMSierra

LoL'd at all da fanboys condemning this thing...

before calling people fanboy, how much games you have played with allies?
Bet I can count it on one hand
12 Sep 2014, 15:46 PM

before calling people fanboy, how much games you have played with allies?
Bet I can count it on one hand

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198044283346

You won't need that much fingers for this is one truly aryan playercard.
12 Sep 2014, 15:56 PM
Patrion 14

As someone who has been using Kubels since alpha, I would not be adverse to a 5 or even 10 fuel cost if I can keep it as it is. I mean it's not as if it will set you back too hard on teching, who ever builds more than one per game anyway?
12 Sep 2014, 16:40 PM

As someone who has been using Kubels since alpha, I would not be adverse to a 5 or even 10 fuel cost if I can keep it as it is. I mean it's not as if it will set you back too hard on teching, who ever builds more than one per game anyway?

after the patch, you would be surprised :)
12 Sep 2014, 16:42 PM

Kubel is only OP as long as the driver does not decide to do crazy stunts like making a donut turn when order to reverse or shooting at a rear echelon squad when a rifle squad charge straight into your face. Other than that, it is very nice, especially with the vet 1 ability.
12 Sep 2014, 16:43 PM

Lol'd at Joker calling other posters fanboys.
12 Sep 2014, 17:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 16:40 PMAbdul

after the patch, you would be surprised :)

Im not this unit bears a striking resemblance to the do2 sentinel. vehicle that dies to infantry firepower simply cease to be effective as time goes on. This unit is similar to the maxim : a high mobility mg with a narrow arch. now that soviets have a taste of it they suddenly complain about it.

so i suggest you 1 adept and 2 destroy the kubel with at or massive amount of firepower while your squads semi circle it or light vehicles . a technique i use often vs the maxim also works on the kubel.
12 Sep 2014, 17:13 PM

The idea behind buffing the Kubel was to eliminate the unit's redundancy against the Soviets (A faction the Kubel really feels lacking against) as well as give it some late game potential against the Americans.

I've played against it a few times and I've played with it post-change and I quite like it. It's a farcry from the disposable insta-harass-and-expect-to-lose-by-the-fifth-minute-mark vehicle which almost always ended up dying extremely early against both factions.

I admit, it may have been a little overbuffed but I think that could be offset with a manpower increase to maybe 280ish. I think, in terms of effectiveness, its in the perfect place at the moment although it is really cheap for what it does. At higher levels, it's still really easy to kill with early game vehicle rushes and good micro/flanking. Every game I've been up against the Kubel has generally amounted in me killing it within the first 5 minutes at least.
12 Sep 2014, 17:29 PM

I think it's alright. I'd still swap it for M3 ht. Kubel has suppression but M3 has the power.

It's useful now but it's not OP I don't think.
12 Sep 2014, 17:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 17:06 PMJaigen

Im not this unit bears a striking resemblance to the do2 sentinel. vehicle that dies to infantry firepower simply cease to be effective as time goes on. This unit is similar to the maxim : a high mobility mg with a narrow arch. now that soviets have a taste of it they suddenly complain about it.

so i suggest you 1 adept and 2 destroy
the kubel with at or massive amount of firepower while your squads semi circle it or light vehicles . a technique i use often vs the maxim also works on the kubel.

I suggest that you learn what you are talking about first because I posted many threads and topics before about how to fix maxim spam abuse and the last thing I want to see is more mg abuse in the game. And the kubel is a problem mainly for the USF more than soviets.
12 Sep 2014, 17:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 17:13 PMAlbus
The idea behind buffing the Kubel was to eliminate the unit's redundancy against the Soviets (A faction the Kubel really feels lacking against) as well as give it some late game potential against the Americans.

I've played against it a few times and I've played with it post-change and I quite like it. It's a farcry from the disposable insta-harass-and-expect-to-lose-by-the-fifth-minute-mark vehicle which almost always ended up dying extremely early against both factions.

I admit, it may have been a little overbuffed but I think that could be offset with a manpower increase to maybe 280ish. I think, in terms of effectiveness, its in the perfect place at the moment although it is really cheap for what it does. At higher levels, it's still really easy to kill with early game vehicle rushes and good micro/flanking. Every game I've been up against the Kubel has generally amounted in me killing it within the first 5 minutes at least.

Sir Albus speaks wisely. +1
12 Sep 2014, 17:45 PM

I believe that Kubel should fit the role of 221, LMG on top, fast, cheap easy to kill and no god damn suppression :snfBarton:
12 Sep 2014, 19:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 17:43 PMVonIvan

Sir Albus speaks wisely. +1

oh this is good news if vonivan is protesting it means it must be severely hurting all the cheese the soviets have.

I suggest that you learn what you are talking about first because I posted many threads and topics before about how to fix maxim spam abuse and the last thing I want to see is more mg abuse in the game. And the kubel is a problem mainly for the USF more than soviets.

i was not specifically talking to you
12 Sep 2014, 19:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 19:41 PMJaigen

oh this is good news if vonivan is protesting it means it must be severely hurting all the cheese the soviets have.

Protesting? I think it's fine as is for the most part imo. Barely even a complaint really.

You must be another fanboi sympathizer on this forum. :D
12 Sep 2014, 19:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 19:44 PMVonIvan

Protesting? I think it's fine as is for the most part imo. Barely even a complaint really.

You must be another fanboi sympathizer on this forum. :D

good this post gains my

enjoy
12 Sep 2014, 22:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I prefer the useful Kubel rather than the useless Kubel. But i guess it has been overbuff for cost.

I wonder what can you do as Americans against an OKW truck push + Kubel early game. Cause i'm doing it and it works. The only thing early game you've to worry about if you are playing against Soviets is if he goes T1. Cause you should be prepared for the M3. Then you just go convertion truck into Puma/HT.
PAGES (20)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS