Login

russian armor

Are kubelwagens OP

PAGES (20)down
30 Jun 2015, 14:06 PM

If kubel go reverse after u smoke it then smoke should be between you and rifles. Unless you go trough smoke infront of it again. If it goes forward and close the distance then u have better chance of killing him trough nades or whatever is available.

I mean, this is a nobrainer. Do you even read what u write?

You're aware that kubels can turn, right?
30 Jun 2015, 14:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2015, 14:06 PMWygrif

You're aware that kubels can turn, right?

Yes, i am aware.
30 Jun 2015, 15:00 PM

Yes, i am aware.

So they can back up, turn around the smoke, then continue the suppression? This process is not difficult and carries little risk.

So your original point (you must either close or leave the smoke wall between you) is not so much a "no brainer" as it is obviously wrong.
30 Jun 2015, 16:12 PM

Permanently Banned
See kubel? Pincer with 2 squads. He has support? Have ur teammate support you with an extra wide flank or have him rush up the middle to distract sturms and keep kubel locked in place.
30 Jun 2015, 17:41 PM

See kubel? Pincer with 2 squads. He has support? Have ur teammate support you with an extra wide flank or have him rush up the middle to distract sturms and keep kubel locked in place.

1) Kubel sees you first (you know, higher sight radius and all that kind of thing). The only way how you can see Kubel first is to notice if it broke a fence through fog of war which is unreliable method of spotting it.
2) 1 squad got suppressed by Kubel (ALWAYS, because of reason #1), 2nd squad is getting intercepted by Sturmpios, which are > than any early squad in open ground. Kubel rotating on 2nd squad. Your actions?
3) If you have teammate, doesn't that mean that OKW player have teammate too?

"Distract Sturms"? "Locked in place"? WTF are you talking about?
Any actions that targets Kubel and:
a) don't kill Kubel as a result
b) don't kill him FAST ENOUGH (so it couldn't get away)
mean that you've lost MP and lost territory and he will just repair all damage done.

There ARE certain tricks (teched units, upgrades, doctrinal units) that can kill Kubel reliably (unless you totally fuck up things) but then you become locked into certain strategy and/or pay extra costs in the early game
Examples:
- early teched AT nades could be teched molotov, another unit or tier building
- going for T1 for M3A1 locks T2 for considerable time which exposes you to any other light vehicles (like Flak HT, which just hardcounters whole T1)
- WC51 locks you into certain commander (personally, I don't think that Mech is crap, unlike many others, but still...)

If you don't go these options you'll get serious headache while dealing with Kubel, depending on your opponent's skill level.

Maxims are obviously NOT a counter to Kubel, because they can't chase and kill it and do shitty damage on long range.

Now go distract some Sturms.
30 Jun 2015, 17:59 PM

Permanently Banned
lol man, git gud. Maxims force off kubels, flanking forces off kubels. Oorah + quick AT nades forces off kubels. USF, okw, and soviets are all really fucking annoying with early light vehicle play on a high level. If a kubel or whatever gets away, you still forced it off, and thats one less volk on the field. If a kubel is suppressing more than 1 squad its your fault. All it takes is a few volleys on kubel rear armor to kill it. A rear ech squad could take it out.
30 Jun 2015, 18:05 PM

WC51 can be the difference between winning and losing. Therefore that commander rocks.
30 Jun 2015, 18:06 PM

lol man, git gud. Maxims force off kubels, flanking forces off kubels. Oorah + quick AT nades forces off kubels. USF, okw, and soviets are all really fucking annoying with early light vehicle play on a high level. If a kubel or whatever gets away, you still forced it off, and thats one less volk on the field. If a kubel is suppressing more than 1 squad its your fault. All it takes is a few volleys on kubel rear armor to kill it. A rear ech squad could take it out.

:facepalm:
30 Jun 2015, 18:34 PM

As an almost USF only player I say that the Kubel is fine. Actually the entire OKW faction is pretty balanced, though it favors bland infantry spam.
30 Jun 2015, 18:45 PM

WC51 can be the difference between winning and losing. Therefore that commander rocks.

?Not sure if serious.

It wouldn't be quite balanced if you need to pick a doctrine and use a doctrinal unit just to counter first thing that arrives on the map.
30 Jun 2015, 18:51 PM

Sure it makes it much easier to take on the kubel early game, but at the same time you can also take on the kubel without it and use much better docs for mid/late game. Would I say you would lose without it? Nope. I've countered it as USF without the WC51 since the launch of USF.
30 Jun 2015, 19:07 PM

:facepalm:

Kubels have aggressively terrible turn speed, flanking it so your behind it will kill it almost 100% of the time.

I recommend playing OKW more (you have 0 games played) to help learn the Kubels strengths and weakness's.
30 Jun 2015, 21:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2015, 18:45 PMKatitof

?Not sure if serious.

It wouldn't be quite balanced if you need to pick a doctrine and use a doctrinal unit just to counter first thing that arrives on the map.

I'm not saying you have to chose that commander. I'm saying the Jeep can be awesome.
1 Jul 2015, 03:32 AM

I always keep Mechanized in my USF loadouy and the instant I hear a fence breaking that's too far from enemy base to be an HQ truck I grab a wc51.

I then rape the kubel and use my mobility and numbers advantage to gain map control.

Then withdraw the wc51 once it's useless and I've basically ruined my opponent's early game for free.

Snowball into gg. I never liked disregarding tech anyways.
Phy
4 Jul 2015, 09:32 AM

I dont see USF using smoke often enough... just the regular charge in riflemen with BARs in hand.

LOL
4 Jul 2015, 13:25 PM

How to counter MG42 (240 manpower) - Flank it with 1 Rifleman

How to counter Kubeljesus (240 mp 5 fuel) - Flank it with 2 rifleman

therefore, 5 fuel = 1 rifleman :)
4 Jul 2015, 13:48 PM

How to counter MG42 (240 manpower) - Flank it with 1 Rifleman

How to counter Kubeljesus (240 mp 5 fuel) - Flank it with 2 rifleman

therefore, 5 fuel = 1 rifleman :)

Except if you flank mg with 1 riflemen ostheer will loose cca 50 mp due reinforcement.

If you flank kubelwagon 240 mp will make wooooooosh and 5 will be lying on ground

I haven´t seen such bad post in last ............

Oh wait here it is swarming with bad posts :D :D :D
29 Jul 2015, 07:21 AM

i see the kubel as OKW's MG on wheels its that good too good for what it costs to build it
29 Jul 2015, 07:34 AM

Kubels have aggressively terrible turn speed, flanking it so your behind it will kill it almost 100% of the time.

I recommend playing OKW more (you have 0 games played) to help learn the Kubels strengths and weakness's.

it really depend on the map. Kubel have superior sight so on a map like langres it's going to see you flanking.

Most of the time I lost a kubel is usually due to captain or a quick m3.

fun fact I discovered: a kubel wreck will yield 5 fuel.
29 Jul 2015, 07:37 AM

it really depend on the map. Kubel have superior sight so on a map like langres it's going to see you flanking.

Most of the time I lost a kubel is usually due to captain or a quick m3.

fun fact I discovered: a kubel wreck will yield 5 fuel.

flanking while an ideal thing to do but unfortunately in some if not most of the maps flanking is not always practical or even possible...
PAGES (20)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS