Login

russian armor

2vs2 Help Required For Mixed Axis

11 Sep 2014, 16:06 PM

Hi

Me and my partner are playing as mixed axis 2vs2, myself as OKW, my partner Ostheer.

We always seem to have an OK start but as soon as allies get momentum its an up hill struggle from there, especially double against double Russians. However the replay is against a double American team, where we struggled against a constant stream of Easy Eights.

Have you got any advice for a mixed axis team, or possibly some general advise for us. I have attached a replay, of which more can be added if required for you to fully understand where we struggle.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

-Syko

11 Sep 2014, 19:42 PM

just never go full retard mode
11 Sep 2014, 19:43 PM

just never go full retard mode

cheers mate
11 Sep 2014, 19:54 PM

maybe watch more replays or streams of good players and learn more about game mechanics. It´s all about understanding how the game works and good micro, theres a counter for everything in every faction
12 Sep 2014, 07:17 AM
Benefactor 115

I watched from your perspective and things I noticed:

-You did not utilize cover often enough. Especially with your Sturmpioneers. If you want to get close range with the Pios then go a slightly longer route and engage from the sides or from behind. You did far too many open field charges.
-Lead your advances with Volks not fusileers, or your puma. Keep these units in the back and utilize their advantage which is long range firepower.
-You did what the French tried to do in 1940; you split your forces all over the map trying to defend everything. This allowed your opponents to strike in concentration with armor and you were unable to organize sufficient AT to hold them back. Move your units as a mobile unit and try and engage with everything.
-You set your Schwerer HQ well outside of the area you were fighting in. Try and set it up closer to where you can support it.
-AT guns behind your infantry. A support weapon shouldn't be the tip of the spear.
-I would suggest trying to convert ammo to fuel if your go mech reg headquarter first. You could have had your vehicles out faster
-Good preservation of units mid game
-Nice use of Stuka ze fuss
-Huge float of MP at the end despite only having 50 pop. I know you were saving for the Jag but a KT could have been there 2-3min earlier. IMHO the Jag wasn;t needed vs the E8's.
-You and your partner co-ordinated your attacks/defense early game, however; you could have done better late game.

12 Sep 2014, 11:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 07:17 AMDucati
I watched from your perspective and things I noticed:

-You did not utilize cover often enough. Especially with your Sturmpioneers. If you want to get close range with the Pios then go a slightly longer route and engage from the sides or from behind. You did far too many open field charges.
-Lead your advances with Volks not fusileers, or your puma. Keep these units in the back and utilize their advantage which is long range firepower.
-You did what the French tried to do in 1940; you split your forces all over the map trying to defend everything. This allowed your opponents to strike in concentration with armor and you were unable to organize sufficient AT to hold them back. Move your units as a mobile unit and try and engage with everything.
-You set your Schwerer HQ well outside of the area you were fighting in. Try and set it up closer to where you can support it.
-AT guns behind your infantry. A support weapon shouldn't be the tip of the spear.
-I would suggest trying to convert ammo to fuel if your go mech reg headquarter first. You could have had your vehicles out faster
-Good preservation of units mid game
-Nice use of Stuka ze fuss
-Huge float of MP at the end despite only having 50 pop. I know you were saving for the Jag but a KT could have been there 2-3min earlier. IMHO the Jag wasn;t needed vs the E8's.
-You and your partner co-ordinated your attacks/defense early game, however; you could have done better late game.

Thanks for taking the time to view the replay and you gave some very helpful pointers there. Sometimes its good to get an outsiders perspective on how we are playing.

thanks Ducati
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS