Login

russian armor

Are Guards Pointless After Button Nerf?

11 Sep 2014, 05:02 AM

Button used to be awesome and now it is terrible. It used to be a great way to punish overextended vehicles or to protect snipers. My go to strategy has always been con con M3 sniper sniper guards and then whatever into ISU and now this isn't working for me since button is still 40 muni and just a minor inconvenience. I'm to lazy to post the new button stats but go use it for yourself and see. It doesn't last long at all and now the vehicle can still fire albeit slowly.

So now it seems like I can get somewhat similar AT performance out of cons and put down more mines so I'm about to write off Guards completely. From now on only maxim spam or snipers and a quick at gun.

What do you think?
11 Sep 2014, 05:03 AM

Yes they are worthless now. Lets ignore the fact that they also can combat infantry very efficiently.
11 Sep 2014, 05:15 AM

From what I have read on these forums their dps is worse than cons until DP upgrade and then it is only slightly better than cons (they have mosins). I don't want to pay an elite infantry price for that. If you are going in for a grenade throw then they are not firing the dp on the move so their dps stays shit when getting close and anyone who knows what they are doing can grenade dodge so I don't see them as good anti-inf
11 Sep 2014, 14:58 PM

Yes they are worthless now. Lets ignore the fact that they also can combat infantry very efficiently.

I think any other "Elite" infantry can still beat out guards. Plus, they drop their damn weapons all the time
11 Sep 2014, 16:29 PM

I believe the point of the nerf was to change the strat OP is describing. Snipers are punishing to both OKW and Ost, and light vehicles such as the 221 should be the counter. Guards broke this too much due to the strength of button.

Anyway, they are still useable. Button now requires a bit more thought to use, which I think is a very good thing. I think the nerf to their DPs was a bit unnecessary however, since Guards were hardly over-performing in an anti-infantry role. Still a decent unit.
11 Sep 2014, 20:24 PM

If so that nerf should only be applied to light veihcles like the scout car and halftracks.

For tanks it was OK.
23 Sep 2014, 20:38 PM

If so that nerf should only be applied to light veihcles like the scout car and halftracks.

For tanks it was OK.

Makes sense to me. I haven't felt compelled to build Guards Rifle since the patch.
23 Sep 2014, 21:02 PM

Button is still pretty strong as a support ability tbh
23 Sep 2014, 21:16 PM

Permanently Banned
Button works, but not well enough to make them worth their cost. Their anti-infantry capability is a joke. They can only beat LMG grens if 1 on 1 (a much cheaper unit with a much cheaper LMG upgrade). Any elite OKW infantry will faceroll them effortlessly, maybe not Pfusiliers.
23 Sep 2014, 21:43 PM

Now you have to think about when you are going to button it, everything needs to be in position. Before the patch, it was just too strong.

About the weapon drops, yes this is annoying.
It happens all the time.
23 Sep 2014, 23:01 PM

i think the button nerf was fine, it was over performing a little bit.

They needed their dps buffed not nerfed.
24 Sep 2014, 16:11 PM

Guards have one important goal - protect snipers from early light vehicles. They are still capable of doing it. Button is fine when used defensively.
24 Sep 2014, 16:29 PM

Button for me still works great when you get the flank on em
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight