Login

russian armor

2v2 is getting to be a joke for me

9 Sep 2014, 22:56 PM

Disclaimer: If you're going to put "git gud nub scrub" at the end of this, just leave now.

So for the last 20 or so 2v2 game I have encountered the same 3 or 4 strats as both Allies and Germans and I am frankly getting a little sick of it.

Germans will usually on Semoisky and Trois point set up battlegroup HQ and put MGs and mortars with volks and sturmpios to act as their infantry. From there they will get the fuel and get tanks and what not out whilst we are slowly starved of all the vitals. Then they will usually get a Tiger or King Tiger to seal the deal on us.

Also we are finding that any enemy we are up against will just blob us and mass rush one part of the map whilst we are left slowly retreating, preserving our units, but never managing to get the squad wipes or able to push them back fully.

Even one game we were being bum rushed by assault grens, I had guards with DPs shooting them down, but they always rushed in, naded, and I lost 2 or 3 men and then couldn't get the squad wipe on retreat.

I don't want the 2v2 to be decided by what are just a few strategies that remind me of the bad days of coh1, but it seems that way and I can't really tell if it is just me or this is all people play coh2 2v2 for, but it can't just be that this is how it is.
9 Sep 2014, 23:06 PM

"git gud nub scrub"
9 Sep 2014, 23:57 PM

yeah this is bullshit... in 2v2 later game if your teammate is playing as USF he is almost useless since he don´t have good counters to deal with KT´s or Jagdtigers ... they say ´´ u have m36 to counter is THE BEST TD IN THE GAME´´ i say fu@# this sh#T. m36 cant deal decent damage to a king tiger frontal armor need to flank and when flanking they (the m36) are easy target for panzerschreck and even the Raketenwerfer ...
18 Sep 2014, 08:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Sep 2014, 23:57 PMIGOR
m36 cant deal decent damage to a king tiger frontal armor need to flank...

Yes, and while flanking you usually can't flank and utilize the M36's good range because the farther you are from the KT the more there will be shot blockers and LOS blockers in the way. In theory jacksons are awesome, in real situations not to the same extent.

What comes to the strategy diversity, 3 to 4 different strats would be a dream come true in 1v1 games - mostly 1v1 is just spam / blob grens, rifles, use whatever is the OP thing to do at that time and not deviating from it. Ppl who play this game make it very boring at the same time :(
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS