Login

russian armor

A quick tiger 2 take down.

5 Sep 2014, 13:19 PM

Hello everybody.
I have played a lot of games with usa and I always struggled fighting against tiger 2's especially in 2v2 when one guy gets elephant or jagdtiger and other goes out with tiger 2.
I always thought that a quick way to be able to scare it away was to make 3 jacksons or simailar build, but I always ended up by penetrating only 1 shoot out of 3 with them (even using premium rounds) and than getting pushed back by elephant or jagdtiger.
Is there any other ways to quickly scare tiger 2 away or be able to seriously damage it in quick time without mines, artilerry, isus.
The only one quick way to take out tiger 2 was to damage the engine and drop 155mm artilerry on it.

Me facing tiger 2

5 Sep 2014, 14:09 PM

AT guns. Use the "take aim" ability at vet1 to gain 70 range. With "premium" rounds and vet they can easily take on even the heaviest vehicles. Don't underestimate them!

Jacksons are also very good, but must be kept outside of the Jagdtigers/Elephants range.

There are not much more options besides that. Rear echelon blob with lots of bazookas can somewhat work against medium tanks but it is nothing i would recommend against the Tiger 2.

The smoke grenade from riflemen can slow vehicles down, if hit directly - keep that in mind.
5 Sep 2014, 14:17 PM

AT guns. Use the "take aim" ability at vet1 to gain 70 range. With "premium" rounds and vet they can easily take on even the heaviest vehicles. Don't underestimate them!

Jacksons are also very good, but must be kept outside of the Jagdtigers/Elephants range.

There are not much more options besides that. Rear echelon blob with lots of bazookas can somewhat work against medium tanks but it is nothing i would recommend against the Tiger 2.

The smoke grenade from riflemen can slow vehicles down, if hit directly - keep that in mind.

Smoke nade has same effect as at nade (just for limited time right) ?
At guns honestly can get taken down by stuka zu fus.
5 Sep 2014, 16:18 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

5-6 m10s can get the job done too :P
5 Sep 2014, 18:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2014, 16:18 PMRomeo
5-6 m10s can get the job done too :P

Too many units to micro it perfectly.
5 Sep 2014, 20:40 PM

One strat I've had *some* success with is rushing their base with your tanks. As long as you can get the KT and Elephant some distance away, heavy tanks will take forever to turn around and get back so you should be able to get a few buildings before retreating again.

I think a lot of times I get so focused on destroying the heavy armor that I miss other easy opportunities like a base rush.
5 Sep 2014, 21:40 PM

This this this. They key isn't to have enough firepower to take down the supported KT in a pitched battle. The key is to have enough to take down the KT in an /open/ battle where he is far away from his support.

Then you just have to force the battle (ie, base rush, kill a building or 2)

Then if he only pulls armored units, RNG and mirco decide victory. If he pulls all his units, just gtfo, rally with your infantry, and push his territory.

Cause chaos
6 Sep 2014, 06:40 AM

One strat I've had *some* success with is rushing their base with your tanks. As long as you can get the KT and Elephant some distance away, heavy tanks will take forever to turn around and get back so you should be able to get a few buildings before retreating again.

I think a lot of times I get so focused on destroying the heavy armor that I miss other easy opportunities like a base rush.

What is the point of destroying okw base ? They will for sure have all tiers in the middle of the map.And you can't do base rush on maps like rails and metal.
7 Sep 2014, 15:01 PM

10 Sep 2014, 16:35 PM

ah.I think 2 jacson and 2 ATs are good
12 Sep 2014, 19:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Sep 2014, 06:40 AMVIPUKS

What is the point of destroying okw base ? They will for sure have all tiers in the middle of the map.And you can't do base rush on maps like rails and metal.

The point is you always know where his starting location will be. Therefore you can easily destroy one truck and deny any new units from that building. If it's a 2v2 and one player is Ost, then you can cripple one player outright.

The point is fighting asymmetrically because if the OKW player has good support for their KT and knows what they're doing then you WILL NOT WIN facing it head on. Your advantage is being able to switch between sides of the map faster than your opponent.

Does it work every time? No. It needs a lot of good timing, micro, scouting, and some luck. Plus, as you said, maps do make a difference. Sometimes it's a nogo strategy. But always think about ways to just avoid your opponents super-heavy tanks. An OKW player wants nothing more than you trying to rush your precious jacksons and m-10s into a line of vetted volks with shreks, pumas, and a KT.

Now, what about the rest of the OKW base? It's in the middle of the map. Usually they don't clump them all together though. Pick the isolated one and go after it. Artillery is especially useful here. Honestly though, if your opponent has a well dug in base in the middle of the map and a KT on the field with good support, you may have already lost.

Also, a question. Does anyone know what the spawn time for OKW command trucks is?

14 Sep 2014, 16:56 PM

3 min spawn time from the last building going up
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 26
Peru 15
United Kingdom 44
unknown 9
United States 2
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #