Login

russian armor

blizzard maps make my pc reset

4 Sep 2014, 20:15 PM

In the latest couple of month (since the wf update) my pc has started to randomly reset when I play blizzard maps (during blizzard). But lately it has started to reset on other maps too which is not Winter and blizzard maps. Also when I scroll around in the World Builder the PC will sometime reset. Has anyone seen this?

I have tested my Graphics Card/Pc with "Geeks3D furmark 1.14.0.0", and there is no pc reset during this test.

I have a P7P55D-E EVO, core I7, 16G ram, GTX760 and 2 monitors one at 1920x1200 and one at 1920x1080.

If anyone could point me in a direction where I could reduce or remove this problem I would appreciate it.

best regards Light
7 Sep 2014, 07:40 AM

In the latest couple of month (since the wf update) my pc has started to randomly reset when I play blizzard maps (during blizzard). But lately it has started to reset on other maps too which is not Winter and blizzard maps. Also when I scroll around in the World Builder the PC will sometime reset. Has anyone seen this?

I have tested my Graphics Card/Pc with "Geeks3D furmark 1.14.0.0", and there is no pc reset during this test.

I have a P7P55D-E EVO, core I7, 16G ram, GTX760 and 2 monitors one at 1920x1200 and one at 1920x1080.

If anyone could point me in a direction where I could reduce or remove this problem I would appreciate it.

best regards Light

I think I found a sollution to my PC reset. I have disabled the vsync on my monitor. And it looks like this have solved the problem. At least I have now played 3 full games on 3 Winter maps with blizzards enabled on them. The map is "Pripiat Winter tank battle v1.1" played as 2vs.2 on annihilation mode as us-forces. With a Victory at the end. Before my PC would reset before I got that far. So fingers crossed, I hope this Works.

Best regards Light
8 Sep 2014, 18:44 PM

problem is still there. My PC still resets during blizzard maps. The one I have tried today is "city 17 Winter", 4vs4 playing as german and as usa. After playing for 10-20 minutes, my PC simply resets. No blue screen or anything. It simply resets like if power was removed. :(

P.S. I have seen someone mention that 4vs4 are tougher on the PC than 2vs2, does anyone know?

best regards Light
8 Sep 2014, 18:48 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

sounds like your graphics card is overheating. you could try dusting off the fan.
19 Sep 2014, 21:31 PM

I have put in a new psu. Now the system seems stable.
21 Sep 2014, 11:04 AM

I used a program called FurMark GPU Stress Test v.1.14.0.0. In this, there is a small Tool called "GPU shark". I don't remember exatly what it said, but it was marked in red saying something like current maxing out, during the furmark test. Otherwise it was running okay.

But in the COH2 game it would suttenly reset the PC, and I newer saw what the status was in GPU Shark, because it was when things got tense in coh2, it would reset.

Now the GPU Shark says "GPU voltage limmit reached" during the furmark test, which I think is normal.

Anyway, after the new PSU was put in, I have played city 17 Winter 4vs.4 (5-6 times) and it is stable now. So I conclude the reset was caused due to the old PSU mas maxing out on current.
22 Sep 2014, 08:15 AM

I had the same kind of issues, after playing long sessions my pc would just shut down and not start up again without shutting down psu for a few mins. Now it have been working fine after adding more cooling and more power cords to gpu and motherboard, so i prefer checking if you have all the possible extra power you can get to your gpu and motherboard and enough cooling
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★